Disney World MUST-HAVE Breakfast

pcdisneyqueen

Earning My Ears
My husband and I are going to Disney World in January. Since Epcot is not opening until 11 am (based on park hours on disney.com), we want to go to a table service breakfast in the morning before rope drop. We have never had Disney breakfast anywhere (besides food court at Port Orleans Riverside). We want a nice breakfast that is worth the money. I understand buffets will be tricky with all of the new rules, but we are open to any ideas!

I really don't care for the buffets anyway. Family style is better for us. We've done Ohana and thought that was good. I've heard good things about Garden Grill, Trattoria, and Topolinos.

I expect hours may change by January along with dining availability but if it’s a Sunday, perhaps California Grill brunch? If they reopen by then.

Second choice would be Boma (if they’re open).

If not, Grand Floridian Cafe, The Wave, Whispering Canyon and Ale & Compass are all worth considering.

I don't know if it's the best at WDW, but it was my favorite Breakfast during our visit.... Whispering Canyon Cafe at Wilderness Lodge. Its Family Style all you care to eat.... It also had a little thing to it where the servers mildly harass you :) Im sure its not quite as fun for that aspect now, but it was good for a laugh then.

Did Ohana for breakfast and were disappointed. We did love Garden Grill. The food was amazing and so was the character experience.

We used to love the princess breakfast in Norway. Those sticky buns were amazing. Crystal palace and chef mickeys also do a good breakfast.

Kona Cafe is always good. Sanaa is my favourite though. It's really good food and the window seats have wonderful views. It's QS prices, but, TS quality food.

Whispering Canyon- I hadn't wanted to go because of the crazy high jinks, but the food is really good! I went with 2 other people and we each got a different skillet meal so we could have some of each other's. The food was really good and filling. We went about 9am and were full until 3pm.

Grand Floridian Cafe- Service here wasn't very good, but the breakfast was really good! My husband & cousin had the eggs Benedict sampler and I got the regular breakfast. The cheesy potatoes are amazing! Highly recommend getting a side if your entree doesn't come with them.

Kona- we were disappointed. It was good, but not amazing and not worth the price. We should have just gone down and got the food at Captain Cook's. We've had better breakfasts at quick service at most of the hotels.

We're going for wine & dine and have plans to hopefully hit up Whispering Canyon and Grand Floridian Cafe again. We also want to try Olivia's - I've heard amazing things about it!

Love Grand Floridian Cafe for breakfast/brunch. Great food and service, and reasonable (for Disney) prices.

I really like Primo Piatto at the Riviera Resort. It’s a quick service, but one of the best on property. I had the croque madame and it was super filling.

If there is no changes to dining between now and then, I would suggest Trattoria or Topolino’s

I would have to say, That Chef Mickey's is always a favorite, my family loves it... and we have eaten there since all this started, without the characters. We enjoyed it, we did miss the characters, but it was so nice to not have to go to the buffet to get this or that, as well it much more relaxing.. and who doesn't love Mickey Waffles... and dealing with other guests who can not wait their turn for the characters to arrive, or a over zealous parent aiming for just the perfect pic of the family at the table...

For me I really wasn't a big fan of the Wave, really just for me at least was just okay... I think that I read alot of reviews and thought that I would be wow'ed..

Grand Floridian Cafe, is consistently good in my opinion.

Kona another good consistent option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!