Disney World Personal Shopper - BAD TO WORSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree Peg...setting up a "layer of insulation" and rambling about it on Facebook doesn't eliminate any legal culpability. It's just so odd they way she is driving that point home over and over...I think she believes she is protecting herself somehow. :confused3

I agree Peg...setting up a "layer of insulation" and rambling about it on Facebook doesn't eliminate any legal culpability. It's just so odd they way she is driving that point home over and over...I think she believes she is protecting herself somehow. :confused3

Yes, I doubt the shoppers (wink wink) are the ones collecting the money.

I just stumbled on this thread. I ordered a bag from this "business" last year before our trip. I was promised it would be at the counter on check-in. Luckily I had also ordered something small from Disney Florist because, 3 days after we checked in, I still hadn't received my gift bag. After as many as 5 calls a day to this woman she finally refunded my money to PayPal.

Definitely avoid them. Disney florist is expensive but their work is cute and reliable!

I suspect the barrage of information about shoppers doing the work may have something to do with protecting their Disney passes, which I take it are a major priority and the reason for the business in the first place. Then they had to come up with a way to make some $ while attending the parks whenever they wanted.

Wouldn't be one bit surprised if somewhere in the fine print Disney has the right to revoke APs if they are being used for commercial endeavors.

I have always thought that they must be using their AP discount and making a profit on that( is it 10%). So the actually make 40% on all they sell. I think the craziest things I see from their customers is that people are willing to pay it instead of getting their items from disney store online or from calling merchandising- neither would be charging them soooo much! I do realize some things you can't get that way, but most items you can.

I don't understand the list of shoppers you choose from but it's someone named Deni that is posting on their wall to contact her to shop???? The whole process seems to be a cover for something.

It also may be an attempt at protecting themselves from claims that some of the merchandise isn't authentic, if that is the case. I'm sure that is one of the things Disney is most concerned about, as I can imagine they would not be amused to find themselves defending a product liability lawsuit for counterfit merchandise that a company was representing as being sold by Disney at their parks.

That's one of many reasons these people should expect a lifetime ban from Disney at this point, no matter what they attempt to do to mitigate the situation now.

I have always thought that they must be using their AP discount and making a profit on that( is it 10%). So the actually make 40% on all they sell. I think the craziest things I see from their customers is that people are willing to pay it instead of getting their items from disney store online or from calling merchandising- neither would be charging them soooo much! I do realize some things you can't get that way, but most items you can.

I have thought the same thing. I have bought a few things from a reputable shopper that I use (she's wonderful, reliable and does a great job - I'm a TA so I use her for gifts in client's rooms) but a large chunk of what's at the parks is available online. In most cases, there's no need to pay such a large markup for merchandise.

I suspect the barrage of information about shoppers doing the work may have something to do with protecting their Disney passes, which I take it are a major priority and the reason for the business in the first place. Then they had to come up with a way to make some $ while attending the parks whenever they wanted.

Wouldn't be one bit surprised if somewhere in the fine print Disney has the right to revoke APs if they are being used for commercial endeavors.

Yeah, reading this I was also thinking they are hoping not to find themselves with a lifetime ban from WDW. I think they moved to Florida basically to go to the parks a lot--and now that is possibly off the table for them for good.

Yeah, reading this I was also thinking they are hoping not to find themselves with a lifetime ban from WDW. I think they moved to Florida basically to go to the parks a lot--and now that is possibly off the table for them for good.

Isn't that just a kick in the pants?

I don't see how that would matter. It's like owning a brothel and then claiming you don't do any of the work....pretty sure you are still the one going down for doing something illegal.

Has anyone posted on her page warning other customers. There are going to be a lot of people upset when they get shut down after they paid for something.

I don't see how that would matter. It's like owning a brothel and then claiming you don't do any of the work....pretty sure you are still the one going down for doing something illegal.

Has anyone posted on her page warning other customers. There are going to be a lot of people upset when they get shut down after they paid for something.

I'm not suggesting their strategy will be effective by any means, I'm simply speculating what the thought processes behind it are. It's about as effective as standing in the corner with a sheet thrown over them, saying "be very quiet and everyone will be none the wiser." Yeah, that'll work.

Anything negative on their FB page is deleted. I have seen people question what they do and how long it takes to get items (sometimes months) and Shortly after the posts are gone! I will say that whatever they have gotten away with so far has made them ALOT of money. They have taken a cruise and gone to the MNSSHP for the first time since they have moved there. Both things they have bragged about on their page and the other pages they run.

Anything negative on their FB page is deleted. I have seen people question what they do and how long it takes to get items (sometimes months) and Shortly after the posts are gone! I will say that whatever they have gotten away with so far has made them ALOT of money. They have taken a cruise and gone to the MNSSHP for the first time since they have moved there. Both things they have bragged about on their page and the other pages they run.

Hope they took a lot of pictures. Of course it would be ironic if the State did investigate revenue and the pics wind up being used as evidence of monies expended on cruises, trips, etc. w/ no correlating income stream and tax remittance to support the same. Disney might have some relevant info in the old data bases they could produce also.

I'm not suggesting their strategy will be effective by any means, I'm simply speculating what the thought processes behind it are. It's about as effective as standing in the corner with a sheet thrown over them, saying "be very quiet and everyone will be none the wiser." Yeah, that'll work.

No, I didn't think you were. I am just surprised they would believe that would free them of liability. Maybe they have consulted a lawyer and found a loophole. I guess there are people who sell Disney stuff on Ebay new...is that any different? Either way if they aren't claiming this as income I would guess they at least will be liable for that. Though Paypal will report them to the IRS(or maybe they have). Do they require you to put money transfer or purchase when paying them? If it is a purchase Paypal will report you after a certain dollar amount. So they must be reporting the money. Just seems like there is something shady about them.

About paying the markup... The reason I tried to order from her was because I wanted a gift bag to surprise my 3 year old and wanted him to think mickey left it for him. I couldn't easily do that if I had to unpack a fedex box. Instead I ended up having my husband sneak him out of the room so I could set out some dollar tree items I had and I had a small snack basket from wdw florist delivered. I thought it would be a nice service. Obviously I would never do it again. This year I plan to bring my own surprise and sneak it in the room when my son is busy doing something else.

Its sooo funny I came across this. I used them last summer to surprise my mother with a chip n dale gift bag. He loves them. It was the worst 65 dollars I ever spent. It was bad enough i had a hard time even putting in my request but this was before disney florist had their customized baskets..anyway. She charged me 65.00 for a pair of chip n dale plushes and ONE snack. And to top it off they did not even tell me when it was delivered. After not hearing my mother's excitement about her gift bag. I emailed them to refund me after being there for 3 days and not hearing anything about delivery. It was delivered the next day and to my disappointment...it was just chip n dale, some tissue paper and One measly snack. I could have gotten the plushes and that snack for under $30.00 myself and delivered it to her room for free. I will never use anything not straight from the mouse again.

I just checked, and their FB page is still up and thriving. I wonder how long it'll take Disney/the State of Florida to lodge their case against them. I really want to see these chicks go down for being so shady. I have ZERO respect for people who so blatantly rip off the public, and not only that, bypass federal laws (tax evasion by charging these as gifts through PayPal, vice goods/services).

Call me a goody-goody, but if I were these women, I would feel HORRIBLE for conducting business this way. To me, it makes more sense to just be honest and process the orders as agreed-upon. You would make MUCH more money that way, and avoid tons of legal trouble/bad word of mouth. *shakes head*

They'll get their comeuppance.

I haven't been on their page for awhile,I just went on and seen a vera just sold that they had. The same thing is online now without the 30% markup, why do people do this?? I guess this is how these shoppers make their money,ripping people off and selling things people could get through Disney without a markup.

I did notice that they used to have alot of "shoppers" and now only 1 shops at disney world. Maybe the other people that worked for them read some bad reviews and bailed, really makes me so curious if they will get shut down.

There was a conversation on FB a few weeks ago with more people complaining and fighting for money back because they never received merchandise that was ordered.

Folks, please don't let the way these women do business put you off from possibly doing business with other small business owners. There are very legitimate, honorable businesses that go above and beyond for their clients. It makes me sad to think that these woman could hurt other good businesses.

Their Facebook says they no longer shop for others - but in the posts they offer shipping to other countries....
Hmmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter