Disney World Personal Shopper - BAD TO WORSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow...I keep seeing this thread on the first page , but never opened it
How terrible for all the folks using this service...I hope someone can get them shut down.:sad2:

I just wanted to second what FeralPeg said. I've used her, Memories by Betsy, and Shirley down at the cruise port in the past and had great experiences. All provided fantastic gift bags/baskets, delivered as promised, and without exorbitant mark ups on the merchandise. There are others as well, who I haven't used, but whom get rave reviews.

Disney World Personal Shopper definitely seems to be the exception. Just because they are running a business that is known to be unethical (and has mounting evidence that it may also be illegal), doesn't mean these other fine small business people aren't worthy of your business. They'll do a great job for you and can offer customized and less expensive gifts than Disney Florist.:thumbsup2

After making the post above, it occurred to me that I hadn't taken a look at their website for a few weeks. I just went there and they have completely retooled it.

The gift bag and shopping options are all gone, as is their "Disney World Personal Shopper" logo. They now have retitled the site "Sharing Disney Parks Merchandise and Shopping Secrets" with a "DWPS" acronym off to the side. The site is now essentially reviews of shops and cataloging of merchandise by park. At the bottom is a disclaimer that they have nothing to do with WDW. They do seem to still be selling via their Facebook page, but with a much lower profile (everything seems to be being handled via email or private message so the transactions aren't public).

Essentially, they seem to have turned their website operation into a shopping blog. Perhaps our voices were heard by WDW and/or the State of Florida? Although they are still operating, it seems that their business has been diminished.

After making the post above, it occurred to me that I hadn't taken a look at their website for a few weeks. I just went there and they have completely retooled it.

The gift bag and shopping options are all gone, as is their "Disney World Personal Shopper" logo. They now have retitled the site "Sharing Disney Parks Merchandise and Shopping Secrets" with a "DWPS" acronym off to the side. The site is now essentially reviews of shops and cataloging of merchandise by park. At the bottom is a disclaimer that they have nothing to do with WDW. They do seem to still be selling via their Facebook page, but with a much lower profile (everything seems to be being handled via email or private message so the transactions aren't public).

Essentially, they seem to have turned their website operation into a shopping blog. Perhaps our voices were heard by WDW and/or the State of Florida? Although they are still operating, it seems that their business has been diminished.

Power to the people of the DIS! So happy to hear this. I think their days are numbered...as they should be.

So I found the Walt Disney World Personal Shopper site on a Pinterest linked blog. I emailed them about a Vera Bradley backpack and a pair of Crocs I purchased for my daughter at WDW that our dog ate once we returned home. A lady named Deni said she could get the items for me, but they charge the 30% mark-up fee. I was going to eat the fee and just order the items my daughter really wants. I stumbled upon your post and am looking for another way to get the items. I do not want the hassle of this company, nor do I want to support a business swindles people. Thank you so much giving everyone a heads up!

I just watched a video they (DWPS) posted on Facebook that says they will no longer be personal shoppers. They will continue to post information and videos about merchandise in the parks, but will no longer be shopping.

Hi having just read this post because I was thinking about having a personal shopper ship some disney dinnerware over to me in the UK but am now a bit apprehensive as don't want to get stung .... Does anybody know of anybody who they could recommend ????

Why can't you order online?
The up charge of these people is high- can't imagine shipping to England!

Why can't you order online?
The up charge of these people is high- can't imagine shipping to England!
Can't seem to get all the dinner set at the same time thought this would be my best option as would only have to pay shipping once

Hi having just read this post because I was thinking about having a personal shopper ship some disney dinnerware over to me in the UK but am now a bit apprehensive as don't want to get stung .... Does anybody know of anybody who they could recommend ????

Honestly, your best bet may be to post on the WDW board, see if you can hook up with a UK DISer who is going to the parks and see if they will pick one up for you.

i just checked the fb page and from what I can tell they are still selling and marking up...I am sorry you got taken by them.

OK, this is so odd.
In the past 6 months or so I got into following these ladies through an interest in Disney pins...then saw their home life videos as well as their Sea Cruiser channels. Always found them entertaining(although a bit quirky, and sometimes annoying)...and followed their channels. Never dealt with any of them in terms of merchandise.

And then I did a random search for more info earlier today(just out of boredom) and this thread and some others have come up. To say I am kinda shocked is an understatment. I am hearing of bad business deals and practices, them living off of disabilty and having no bills in their names, criminal records, etc..

I sit in no judgement of how people want to live their lives. The way they had their kids doesnt bother me, and personally think they should be kept out of all arguments against them.

But I do sit here in shock. I'm not entirely sure what to believe...but I was brought up to believe where there is smoke, there is usually fire. I am also shocked because even if a SMIDGE of the allegations against them rings true, it's kind of sad. Because if you watch enough of their channels they preach about leading very good lives so to speak, not offending people, not cussing, etc....so all of this comes as a huge shock to me lol.

I am a gay guy, and every so often on their videos you will here a reference to a sterotypical gay term or some side comment. All the while I was hoping they werent homophobic(I just chalked it up to slight ignorance and probably not too much exposure to gay folk where they were from), because I enjoyed their channels. I assume they weren't, and still aren't...because of how nice they come across....but after hearing about all of these other allegtions, who knows anymore?

PS-Sorry for resurecting this old thread..I just find it fascinating.

Amy and Elizabeth Donoho are still selling pins through an ever changing business name...most recently Everything-Mousey-Pins. The sisters have split up and I see Amy on YouTube videos as recently as today. See "Unscripted Life" on YouTube and buyer beware.

Amy and Elizabeth Donoho are still selling pins through an ever changing business name...most recently Everything-Mousey-Pins. The sisters have split up and I see Amy on YouTube videos as recently as today. See "Unscripted Life" on YouTube and buyer beware.

Please everyone beware Amy Donoho was found guilty of Common Law Robbery and robbery with a dangerous weapon. This can be found online on North Carolina's website. They only moved to Florida to forget their past. In the state of Florida will soon come welfare fraud.

OK, this is so odd.
In the past 6 months or so I got into following these ladies through an interest in Disney pins...then saw their home life videos as well as their Sea Cruiser channels. Always found them entertaining(although a bit quirky, and sometimes annoying)...and followed their channels. Never dealt with any of them in terms of merchandise.

And then I did a random search for more info earlier today(just out of boredom) and this thread and some others have come up. To say I am kinda shocked is an understatment. I am hearing of bad business deals and practices, them living off of disabilty and having no bills in their names, criminal records, etc..

I sit in no judgement of how people want to live their lives. The way they had their kids doesnt bother me, and personally think they should be kept out of all arguments against them.

But I do sit here in shock. I'm not entirely sure what to believe...but I was brought up to believe where there is smoke, there is usually fire. I am also shocked because even if a SMIDGE of the allegations against them rings true, it's kind of sad. Because if you watch enough of their channels they preach about leading very good lives so to speak, not offending people, not cussing, etc....so all of this comes as a huge shock to me lol.

I am a gay guy, and every so often on their videos you will here a reference to a sterotypical gay term or some side comment. All the while I was hoping they werent homophobic(I just chalked it up to slight ignorance and probably not too much exposure to gay folk where they were from), because I enjoyed their channels. I assume they weren't, and still aren't...because of how nice they come across....but after hearing about all of these other allegtions, who knows anymore?

PS-Sorry for resurecting this old thread..I just find it fascinating.

Actually it's all true. A good friend of mine was stiffed by this sister duo and she spent thousands of dollars trying to get them served with court papers before hiring a private detective and to her surprise she was given tones of copies of court papers showing proof (you can also verify it on North Carolina website) Amy Donoho was charged and convicted of common law robbery but also robbery with a dangerous weapon. North Carolina record id #251061894 and #251061893. Sister Elizabeth was in on this also and had a charge of common law robbery record id #251061885. I sat in with my friend as she spoke with their mother and the mother only confirmed what a disappointment her daughters were and told us not to believe a word her girls said. It's really sad and disturbing all wrapped up in one package. My friend got stiffed close to $10,000 and then she spent another $4,000 trying to get them served for a 2 year period. She finally got a court order to write the debt off on her taxes.

The incident took place in 1995 and Amy would have been 21. Shes grown up a lot since then and shes a parent now with kids and people change and grow up. Besides we don't know all the details about what happened.

I personally find it very sad with what is going on with the sisters right now. I always wondered how they made an income, and were able to take SO many cruises??? YouTube, Patreon, and welfare (if indeed they are on public assistance) can't pay that much. Going back to the 'divorce' between the sisters, I always felt that Amy was very controlling of Elizabeth and in many videos I felt that Amy and the kids would make fun of Elizabeth. I'm sure Elizabeth was just tried of it all. However it is interesting to see that Elizabeth is posting about it on Facebook. Maybe Elizabeth just never felt like she had her own voice and that is why she is posting about it on FB.

I feel so bad for this kids who are truly in the middle of this. Also their mom would be so sad to know that the sisters have had a falling out.

The incident took place in 1995 and Amy would have been 21. Shes grown up a lot since then and shes a parent now with kids and people change and grow up. Besides we don't know all the details about what happened.

I would agree with you if I didn't witness both Amy and Elizabeth Donoho at my friends home begging her to give them a line of credit- they even lied to her and told her "they were waiting on a settlement from a accident they were in". They would take their kids with them to her home and I was always there listening to their BS. I have even called them out on their lies and they went storming out. My friend had the parents over who told her "not to sell them anything else, they lied to her and they already received and spent the accident money they told her about". The parents said they loved their daughters but they were liars. I witnessed my friend at the attorneys office, with the pi to get them served and she not only got ripped off for thousands of but spent thousands of dollars to try and get those criminals served court papers. This was only a couple years ago- not 1995. So robizzo, Neither Amy or Elizabeth Donoho NEVER learned a lesson from their past criminal years and their children never stopped them from ripping my friend off. I may also add at that time Amy had Elizabeth claim all income in her name - while Amy collected welfare and food stamps for herself and the 3 kids and then when it came tax time Elizabeth would claim herself, Amy and the kids as her dependents to get earned income credit. Ripping off taxpayers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter