Disney XD is being replaced?

old lady

DIS Veteran
I heard that Disney is trying to rid of their cartoon channel called Disney XD. Is that true?

Where did you hear that? I haven't seen any rumblings about it, but I would hate to see it happen. I think it's pretty doubtful since it has quite a few popular shows on it. I could maybe see a name change/rebranding, but I don't think they will get rid of it.

Where did you hear that? I haven't seen any rumblings about it, but I would hate to see it happen. I think it's pretty doubtful since it has quite a few popular shows on it. I could maybe see a name change/rebranding, but I don't think they will get rid of it.

Rebranding is always a possibility as it had originally been ToonDisney. I did a quick search and earlier this year it mentioned that it's Marvel shows were ending. That might have been what led to the thought that DisneyXD was ending.

I'm not really sure what's going on with Disney XD. Star vs the Forces of Evil, DuckTales and Big Hero 6 have moved over to the Disney Channel. The new Star Wars is going to be on Disney Channel too (Rebels was XD).

I'm not really sure what's going on with Disney XD. Star vs the Forces of Evil, DuckTales and Big Hero 6 have moved over to the Disney Channel. The new Star Wars is going to be on Disney Channel too (Rebels was XD).

When does Star move? Also, I think they said that Star Wars Resistance would only have it's pilot on Disney Channel and would be Disney XD afterwards. That show's such a long way off though that things could change.

When does Star move? Also, I think they said that Star Wars Resistance would only have it's pilot on Disney Channel and would be Disney XD afterwards. That show's such a long way off though that things could change.

Star vs The Forces of Evil will make the move with the start of Season 4. I’m not sure if that means September, November or some undetermined date in 2019. Their hiatuses haven’t really been consistent.

I may be confused about Star Wars. I just remember them saying it’s going to be on Disney Channel. I don’t recall them referring to it as a pilot.

I also may not be the best person to ask. I just order what I want from iTunes to watch on my Apple TV. I don’t have cable.

Okay, cool. I just wanted to make sure my DVR wasn't missing Star because it expects it on XD and not Disney Channel. That's a really good show.

For Star Wars, I found the announcement on StarWars.com

"It will premiere this fall on Disney Channel in the U.S. and thereafter, on Disney XD and around the world."

That's still a ways off though, so things could change.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter