Disney+

Through Roku (or something similar), or just straight from device to TV?
Straight from my devices. So far I have chromecast from my chromebook, and my ipad and we just set up my husbands laptop and it worked fine as well. Goodness we have a lot of devices! Have you been able to cast anything else or is it just Disney+ that's giving you a problem? Yesterday there was some glitchy streaming but I thought it was probably due to our internet or that Disney was busy. Tonight we have had no problem so far.

We've been able to watch on our Samsung Smart TV with no problems. Only issue we're having is that, for some of the shows, the titles and/or credits are in French! And when we watch any of the Star Wars movies the opening crawl of text (along with the "A long time ago in a galaxy far far away" is all in French. Movie dialogue and subtitles are all in English but can't figure out how to change the rest to English too! We've been having quite a few laughs as we try to read the text out loud in our horrible French accents but it would be nice to have the option to switch to English only :) Oh, and we're in Southern Ontario, about an 8-hour drive from the Quebec border so shouldn't really be considered a French location.

We've been able to watch on our Samsung Smart TV with no problems. Only issue we're having is that, for some of the shows, the titles and/or credits are in French! And when we watch any of the Star Wars movies the opening crawl of text (along with the "A long time ago in a galaxy far far away" is all in French. Movie dialogue and subtitles are all in English but can't figure out how to change the rest to English too! We've been having quite a few laughs as we try to read the text out loud in our horrible French accents but it would be nice to have the option to switch to English only :) Oh, and we're in Southern Ontario, about an 8-hour drive from the Quebec border so shouldn't really be considered a French location.

My YouTube Chromecasting has been fine. Just nothing Disney+. DH finally got his phone Roku app to work, so we're watching via Roku now.
On Roku remote, hit the "*" button to get a menu that lets you pick a language for captions (or no captions).
On my laptop, there is a little "gear" icon in upper right corner that gives me the captions/subtitles menu. GL!

😂 I’m in QC and everything is in English. Not a problem since even my kids only watch tv and movies in English even though we only speak French at home and school. We stream with AppleTV.

I've been streaming from my phone to chromecast and it's working fine. My son is enjoying watching all the star wars.

We're having a big problem with replaying things. My GD likes to watch episodes over and over and we are having a tough time being able to do that. We can watch it once and then can't get it back to the beginning of the episode to be able to watch it again.

My YouTube Chromecasting has been fine. Just nothing Disney+. DH finally got his phone Roku app to work, so we're watching via Roku now.
On Roku remote, hit the "*" button to get a menu that lets you pick a language for captions (or no captions).
On my laptop, there is a little "gear" icon in upper right corner that gives me the captions/subtitles menu. GL!
Thanks :). We thought the same thing and that was actually the first thing we checked! We made sure to select English for everything. The movie dialogues are all in English and our subtitles show in English. It's just words that appear on screen in title sequences and end credits that are in French. For instance, at the end of animated features when it lists all the people who worked on the movies, their job titles are given in French, not English. Obviously not a huge issue, but curious nonetheless!

Thanks :). We thought the same thing and that was actually the first thing we checked! We made sure to select English for everything. The movie dialogues are all in English and our subtitles show in English. It's just words that appear on screen in title sequences and end credits that are in French. For instance, at the end of animated features when it lists all the people who worked on the movies, their job titles are given in French, not English. Obviously not a huge issue, but curious nonetheless!

Have you tried going on to the website with a computer instead of looking at the menu on the TV? There are often a lot more options there and maybe you can default the overall language from there (I haven't looked myself so I don't know for sure)

Have you tried going on to the website with a computer instead of looking at the menu on the TV? There are often a lot more options there and maybe you can default the overall language from there (I haven't looked myself so I don't know for sure)
Yes, we tried that and actually found the website slightly more difficult to navigate than the homescreen on our Smart TV, which surprised me! Couldn't find anywhere to manually input a language preference but, from the "help" menu was able to see that I'm defaulted to Canada as my country and English as my language. From the website there is a "feedback" form I can fill out to let Disney+ know about specific problems. There's a LOT of info to populate on the form, though, (especially tech info) and I just haven't felt like taking the time to work that through yet :)

We signed up through ebates yesterday! No issues streaming so far. I loved re-watching the old Parent Trap starring Hayley Mills. I wish Disney+ put Parent Trap II and III out as well.

We are in BC and having the same multi-lingual issue. I watched Tangled and all the Wanted posters were in French and the credits but the language was English...didn’t give an option for an English version or French version. I downloaded the app onto our Xbox.

Check your accounts and change your passwords! Reports everywhere that hackers have already managed to grab thousands of accounts and put them up for sale. People are reporting being locked out of their accounts and when they contact Disney *IF* they can get through there's little help.

I know several of you were complaining about the fact that Disney insists that all of our accounts have the same password... that means if your Disney+ account is hacked you could lose access to any upcoming holiday plans and since we have to have credit cards attached to those it could be $$$

So I'm pretty sure my information was included in the hack because I received 3 password reset verification codes sent to my email today within 5 minutes and I did not request them, nor did DH. I changed my password yesterday so it's likely someone was trying to use the previous password to access it.

I keep trying to change my email on disney+ so it isn't connected to my disney site info but it just gives me an error page. So frustrating, why they would have it connected.

I keep trying to change my email on disney+ so it isn't connected to my disney site info but it just gives me an error page. So frustrating, why they would have it connected.

I don't think it can be disconnected. Every time I've changed my password for either, it's changed it for both. Change it either way. Don't chance it that they didn't get your info and sell it. I thought maybe because I didn't sign up the first day that I would be ok, but still changed it anyway. Obviously not the case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts