Disneybounding with Crutches

uJust wanted to say that I really like what you did. It looks great! I personally would just leave it exactly like it is.

I became an "ears" person earlier this year, and now I've become a "Disneybounding" person too!

Next I need to figure out how to remove my crutch tips sans hot water (possibly with a hair dryer) so I can change the covers mid-trip.

View attachment 424286

😍LOVE😍 that pattern you have on your crutches! That is *so* pretty! 😀

This is the collapsible kettle we travel with. I love it so much! Once it's kind of "broken in", it boils water quickly and it collapses down to about half height for travel. But... if you don't want to drag a little kettle all the way to WDW, you could also try filling the sink with hot water...? or a couple of Resort mugs with boiling water from the QS at your Resort? Or maybe even a combo of hot water + blow dryer?

Would love to see some of your Disneybounding pix from your next trip!

First, your crutches look beautiful! I am ordering that kettle!!! I travel with a small French press but less and less see the drip pots to boil my water in. I had a devil of a time filling it using a Keurig on a recent trip. Thank you for posting the kettle. Its mine tomorrow with Prime shipping!

This is brilliant and i love your Disneybounding concept! What you've done with your crutches is such fun, and I hope you share your other ideas! ❤️😁

Where did you get your crutch skins?!?! I love them!

I sewed them myself the evening before I left for my trip. It is my first time sewing skins which is why they have broccoli rubber bands keeping the fabric in place near the handles. It was my first time using my library's sewing machine and the only lady who knew how to operate it was on vacation...lol...it was quite an experience and I quickly dusted off the file cabinet in my brain where everything I learned in 7th grade Home EC was stored.

I found the fabric at JoAnn Fabrics...they have a handful of "scale" patterns in their cosplay section. They also carry a line Disney princess fabric that I am considering but I also have my eye on some Spoonflower patterns too.

😍LOVE😍 that pattern you have on your crutches! That is *so* pretty! 😀

This is the collapsible kettle we travel with. I love it so much! Once it's kind of "broken in", it boils water quickly and it collapses down to about half height for travel. But... if you don't want to drag a little kettle all the way to WDW, you could also try filling the sink with hot water...? or a couple of Resort mugs with boiling water from the QS at your Resort? Or maybe even a combo of hot water + blow dryer?

Would love to see some of your Disneybounding pix from your next trip!

The kettle is a great idea and I can then have tea too! I didn't know there were collapsable kettles. I'm going to be testing out how hot the faucet and shower water is this trip.

I love these!

Another option would be ribbons. I wrapped orange and black ribbon round my walking stick when I dressed as Tigger for MNSSHP.

I was pondering earlier how to do some Tigger skins. I like your ribbon idea!

The kettle is a great idea and I can then have tea too! I didn't know there were collapsable kettles. I'm going to be testing out how hot the faucet and shower water is this trip.

I was pondering earlier how to do some Tigger skins. I like your ribbon idea!

Attachments

• CA4DB002-D1D9-4983-B41A-6E0C8C4A110D.jpeg
    CA4DB002-D1D9-4983-B41A-6E0C8C4A110D.jpeg
    28.4 KB · Views: 16
I sewed them myself the evening before I left for my trip. It is my first time sewing skins which is why they have broccoli rubber bands keeping the fabric in place near the handles. It was my first time using my library's sewing machine and the only lady who knew how to operate it was on vacation...lol...it was quite an experience and I quickly dusted off the file cabinet in my brain where everything I learned in 7th grade Home EC was stored.

I found the fabric at JoAnn Fabrics...they have a handful of "scale" patterns in their cosplay section. They also carry a line Disney princess fabric that I am considering but I also have my eye on some Spoonflower patterns too.

Well, you are quite talented! They look awesome!

For cooking or beverages, I would recommend using bottled water in the kettle - that way you don't have the possibility of the high sulphur content leaving behind an unpleasant "memory" of vacation in your little kettle! (Some folks can't stand the water at WDW, other folks it doesn't bother at all - YMMV)

If you are on the DDP and use your Resort Mug, you can get a bottle of water with any QS meal, and just save that to use with your kettle. Disney Resort hotels all have a recycling bin in every room, so you can recycle the bottle easily when you are done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter