Disneyland 2015 Trip Report! A first(ish) trip and a 14th trip...

bfost87

Northern DIS'er
Well, this is really the first trip report that I’ve written for any of my trips. I was reading some other DISer’s reports, and I decided to get in on the fun.

So, to start off with, who are we? Firstly, My name is Bryan and I’ve been on the DISBoards for a few years now, I joined back in 2011 before I went on my first WDW vacation. I am (just recently) 28 Disney fan from the Vancouver area in British Columbia, Canada. I work full-time and I am also a full-time student, pursuing my Bachelor of Business Administration degree. I first went to Disneyland when I was about 10 years old, and remember nearly nothing from it (aside from the Haunted Mansion, Big Thunder, Cherry Coke, and Aladdin). I was not a Disney fan at this young age, but after my trip to WDW in 2011, this is another matter altogether. That trip inspired me to apply for and complete a tour in the International College Program at WDW in 2012.

That’s enough about me, my travel partner and partner in crime, is my lovely girlfriend, Kelly. She is a 27 year old flight attendant up here in Canada, and she is also going to be completing her degree in the next little while. This was far from her first trip to Disneyland, she had previously been 13 times, but she was just as excited as she probably was her first time there (though, I’m quite excited to take her to WDW for the first time next year, and show her around my “home” for the first time). Quite frankly, she is adorable.

2dtdp4z.jpg

Aside from this really being my first trip to Disneyland as an adult (and first in 18 years), it was really our first mini vacation away together, so the mood was very excitable. This was a bit last minute, as we started booking things in very early January and our trip dates were February 5th to 9th.

So, that’s enough of the introduction pre-amble, now onto the actual fun!

February 5th, 2015 – Travel Day!

This is TRAVEL DAY! What one of my favorite days, because I get to turn my brain off and just relax and enjoy the start of our adventure. We were all set, flights booked, hotel booked, tickets bought, ADR booked, etc. Our first flight was at 4:00pm out of the Vancouver International Airport, landing in Calgary at around 6:27pm local time. I met Kelly at the gate just before boarding time, as she was just coming in from a different flight because she worked that morning. We grabbed a couple of burgers from Vera’s and headed for the plane. We were a few minutes delayed getting into Calgary, not because we were late getting out, but because there was a log jam and we had to wait for a gate to open up. We were definitely cutting it close, as our flight to LAX was only 53 minutes after we landed. We finally got a date, deplaned and went sprinting clean around the Calgary International Airport towards customs and our next flight. We made it through customs pretty quickly (where I had the pleasure of dealing with the least friendly boarder agent so far), and got to our gate with minutes to spare. Phewf… We made it. We got on our next flight and now we’re getting excited. Well, the excitement had to be muzzled for the time being, as it looks like our plane is going to be delayed because of engine troubles. Fine, these things happen, we’ll just wait it out, as we’re not going to a park tonight obviously, just checking into the hotel and getting some sleep…. 4 hours later… After sitting on the tarmac, watching the snow fall, we don’t know if we’re ever going to take-off tonight. Well, they finally get the all clear (it was a false error), and we’re on our way to LAX.

Sure, we’re 4 hours late, as we were supposed to land at 8:24 local time, but now it’s close to 1am, but we were just so happy to be there and able to start our vacation, we didn’t care at all. First stop was off to the National Car Rental office to pick-up my car. We had a mid-size booked, but because I’m a long time Emerald Aisle member (and because I asked so sweetly), they upgraded me to the Executive Aisle and I picked out a new 2014 Dodge Challenger, and we were on our way.

ziq7ls.gif
We arrived at our hotel at around 2am, and checked in pretty quickly as there was no one else around at this time of night. We opted to stay at the Motel 6 Anaheim Maingate just on Disney Way. We figured, we weren’t going to be spending much time in the motel anyways, so it didn’t make sense to spend more than we had to. It was also a convenient walk to the parks, so I didn’t have to pay more parking. The hotel ended up costing approximately $320.00 for 4 nights, which isn’t half bad.

Motel_6_Anaheim_hdr1.jpg

Motel_6_Anaheim_hdr2.jpg

We were finally checked-in, unpacked, and ready for some sleep, so we could be up nice and early for DISNEYLAND!

That's a good attitude to have with a flight delay. I can't say that I would've been as patient with a 4 hour delay, sitting on the plane the whole time, no less!

Looking forward to reading more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter