Disneyland 24 hour events?

Geemo

DIS Veteran
I think it has been awhile since Disney had a 24 hour event at the parks.

I have been considering a quick trip the end of February or first of March 2020.
Would love to have a 24 hour event option during a trip.

What are the odds Disney will have one for February 29, 2020 Leap Day? They did in 2012.
I don't think they have had one on Leap Day since... Have they?

With it being a Saturday, I'd think it would be prefect.

Not sure Disney will announce a February 29th event 4-5 months in advance....

Having to book flights makes it a little more difficult. Especially since I have a airline voucher that expires Oct. 1st. I don't want to loose.

Oh well..... Decisions... Decisions...

Geemo

The last 24-hour event coincided with the kick-off to the 60th Anniversary Celebration. They debuted Paint the Night, Disneyland Forever, and WoC: Celebrate that evening. They ended up having to do a hard gate closure for DL and it resulted in significant issues with the crowds outside of the park and in DCA. The thing was that DL was very crowded while the new shows were being presented, but after the last PtN ran, the crowds dwindled pretty quickly. Which seems to indicate that the crowds were due to the 60th, not the 24-hour event.

I honestly don't think they'll do another 24-hour event for quite a while. While the last one was a mess, but preceding one was not nearly as busy as I would have expected. I think the novelty had worn off by then.

Oddly enough, within the last two weeks I asked a CM at the gate about a 24-hour park opening. She told me that she wasn't aware of any and seriously doubted that DL would ever have one again, simply because they're so problematic. I wouldn't make plans in anticipation of it but it's up to you.

Oddly enough, within the last two weeks I asked a CM at the gate about a 24-hour park opening. She told me that she wasn't aware of any and seriously doubted that DL would ever have one again, simply because they're so problematic. I wouldn't make plans in anticipation of it but it's up to you.
Inside intel is appreciated. Let me know if you hear differently by October.

Until then I believe I will plan for the first week of March.

Thank you

G

I think if they would do another, they would do it on the next May 4th, 2020 . Perhaps limiting the amount of tickets or special party inside SW:GE.

The last one got so ugly (outside the parks, in the esplanade -- inside the parks, if you could get in, was fine), I hope they don't do another 24 hour event. It was the only time I've been truly scared at DLR, and I don't care to repeat the experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!