Disneyland 65th Anniversary Celebration?

dblazefour

Earning My Ears
Has anyone heard if there is going to be a big 65th anniversary celebration at Disneyland? I've been watching every place that I can think of. Customer Services says to watch the blogs for the announcement. I want to stay at one of the park hotels, but within hours of the announcement a hotel room is going to be as scarce as snow on Huntington Beach.

... I want to stay at one of the park hotels, but within hours of the announcement a hotel room is going to be as scarce as snow on Huntington Beach.
Since you know the anniversary date is 7/17, why not just go ahead and book your hotel in advance? As long as there is a no penalty cancellation policy, there is no risk involved. If a celebration is announced, you'll already have your hotel booked. If nothing big gets announced, just remember your cancellation deadline and be sure to cancel your room if you choose to.

Since you know the anniversary date is 7/17, why not just go ahead and book your hotel in advance? As long as there is a no penalty cancellation policy, there is no risk involved. If a celebration is announced, you'll already have your hotel booked. If nothing big gets announced, just remember your cancellation deadline and be sure to cancel your room if you choose to.

This would be what I would do. I have my nights at VGC booked through DVC. We always go on the actual anniversary so I use my DVC points to get it booked way in advance. If paying cash, I would book for around the anniversary date and go from there.

Found out I have a 50/50 chance of either going to Nashville or Anaheim in July for a work conference. If it’s Anaheim I can be there for the 65th. I’m really curious myself what they will do.

Anyone else think it is weird there has been zero mention of 65th anniversary? Or did I miss it?
It think Disney's focus is on WDW 50th anniversary (2021). They are doing major construction over at Epcot. I think they may do something in July for the opening day anniversary but I don't see them doing anything until the 70th anniversary.

There wasn't much done for the 55th. I remember that they released a couple of items (magnets, t-shirts, etc.) but that was about it. I figure they will do the same for the 65th because as @Pamela M mentioned, the big focus is WDW's 50th next year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!