Disneyland After Dark: Star Wars Nite on August 27, 2020

It looks like it's been "postponed." When they "postponed" Villains Night because the park was closed on April 30, they flatly refused to refund our tickets.
How long after did they have the event?

Never mind. I see that they are offering refunds for those who do not wish to hang onto their tickets. I think I'm going to call now and request one. Thanks.

Last edited:
How long after did they have the event?

Never mind. I see that they are offering refunds for those who do not wish to hang onto their tickets. I think I'm going to call now and request one. Thanks.

Were you able to get a refund ?

Were you able to get a refund ?
Well I waited on hold for approx 1.5 hrs and spoke to a cast member about my annual passport. They had to transfer me to someone else to help and after I finished that conversation I inquired about getting a refund. The CM I was speaking to said he'd have to transfer me to someone else and that wait time was 55 minutes and I said I would call back. Unfortunately, I have no clue what department to ask for as I forgot to ask. :( So no. LOL A supervisor had to issue the refund.

Well I waited on hold for approx 1.5 hrs and spoke to a cast member about my annual passport. They had to transfer me to someone else to help and after I finished that conversation I inquired about getting a refund. The CM I was speaking to said he'd have to transfer me to someone else and that wait time was 55 minutes and I said I would call back. Unfortunately, I have no clue what department to ask for as I forgot to ask. :( So no. LOL A supervisor had to issue the refund.

When I got to the supervisor for Villains Nite tickets, they wouldn't refund, but they offered a one-day ticket to the parks instead. Technically that may be worth more than the special event tickets, but doesn't do much for us because we have APs. And we can't even get anything handled until after the parks are open.

If you look closely, the language on the website for both Villains Nite and Star Wars Nite doesn't actually offer a refund. It just says call for assistance if you don't want to keep your ticket for the rescheduled event.

We're keeping our Star Wars Nite tickets, but I'm less committed to Villains Nite. I'm pretty frustrated that Disney can cancel an event but not actually refund the tickets (they kept saying it wasn't "canceled," it was "postponed," but what if I can't go to the "postponed" date?). If you get a refund for Star Wars Nite tickets, I'd love to hear about it.

When I got to the supervisor for Villains Nite tickets, they wouldn't refund, but they offered a one-day ticket to the parks instead. Technically that may be worth more than the special event tickets, but doesn't do much for us because we have APs. And we can't even get anything handled until after the parks are open.

If you look closely, the language on the website for both Villains Nite and Star Wars Nite doesn't actually offer a refund. It just says call for assistance if you don't want to keep your ticket for the rescheduled event.

We're keeping our Star Wars Nite tickets, but I'm less committed to Villains Nite. I'm pretty frustrated that Disney can cancel an event but not actually refund the tickets (they kept saying it wasn't "canceled," it was "postponed," but what if I can't go to the "postponed" date?). If you get a refund for Star Wars Nite tickets, I'd love to hear about it.
For what it's worth, according to this DIS article, Star Wars Celebration Cancels August Event, Disneyland After Dark: Star Wars Nite Postponed, information on getting refunds should be "released soon."

If you bought with a credit card, your credit card will issue a chargeback. You didn't get what you paid for.

If you bought with a credit card, your credit card will issue a chargeback. You didn't get what you paid for.

Thanks, already thought about that but decided not to pursue it. I do wonder, though, if the offer of a one-day park ticket in lieu would have the credit card company siding with Disney.

When I got to the supervisor for Villains Nite tickets, they wouldn't refund, but they offered a one-day ticket to the parks instead.

Was this recently? Curious if they’ll change their policy now that they have two “postponed” After Dark events. 🤔

Was this recently? Curious if they’ll change their policy now that they have two “postponed” After Dark events. 🤔

No, it was soon after they "postponed" Villains Nite. That's why I would love to hear if someone gets a refund for Star Wars Nite tickets. Last I looked, the language on the website is the same for both events.

No, it was soon after they "postponed" Villains Nite. That's why I would love to hear if someone gets a refund for Star Wars Nite tickets. Last I looked, the language on the website is the same for both events.

Ok, good to know. We’re local so pretty flexible with rescheduling dates, but I also wouldn’t mind having the $300+ back from our three tickets. 💸

Just got off the phone with Disney and was given a refund without any problems. I waited until I saw a report on Twitter of someone getting a refund and I also wanted to call early because I didn’t want to be on hold forever. Hope this helps anyone who was waiting for reports of successfully getting a refund.

Just got off the phone with Disney and was given a refund without any problems. I waited until I saw a report on Twitter of someone getting a refund and I also wanted to call early because I didn’t want to be on hold forever. Hope this helps anyone who was waiting for reports of successfully getting a refund.
Thank you for this update!

Thanks for letting us know! I may try again with regard to the Villains Night tickets.

Thanks for this. Just refunded for Star Wars night as well.

What number did you call and what department did you speak to, please? Maybe I'll give it a try today to get a refund as well. Thank you.

The number (with more information) is listed here: https://disneyland.disney.go.com/travel-information/. Click on "Separately Ticketed Events."
Thank you. That was the number I called before and was on hold for quite awhile. They were going to transfer me over to another department for the refund and just wanted to make sure I get that department first so I don't have to hold as long. lol I just called it again and my choices are Purchase tickets, existing AP holder, general park information, online support, reservations.

EDIT: I didn't choose an option and held on and got a cast member right away. She said they were not offering refunds until they announce the new rescheduled date. I asked to speak to a supervisor and she was able to refund me so if you're not having luck getting a refund, ask for a supervisor.

Last edited:
Thank you. That was the number I called before and was on hold for quite awhile. They were going to transfer me over to another department for the refund and just wanted to make sure I get that department first so I don't have to hold as long. lol I just called it again and my choices are Purchase tickets, existing AP holder, general park information, online support, reservations.

I called yesterday afternoon and got right through. I believe I pushed option 4, maybe 3. I was expecting the worst after holding for an hour with LA Fitness with no success. I couldn’t handle their music any longer and gave up. 🤬🤬

My Disney call was easy peasy. My CM processed our refund for Star Wars DAD; fiddled with my email address since I don’t consistently receive DLR emails; and double checked that our AP option had been selected. Definitely the best customer service!😅

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter