Disneyland and Work Trip 2017-Day 3(Complete)

DMMarla07860

DIS Veteran
Cast: Julia(Me)-28 years old
Larry(Dad)

February 15th-February 19th, 2017

So my dad and I had a work convention at the Anaheim Convention center. He owns a True Value Hardware store and I work for him, being Disney fans we decided to swing a trip to Disneyland in as well. I had been to Disneyland 2 times and Dad had been 3. So it was a nice treat.

February 15th, 2017

So we left the house early and headed to the airport. Drove to Newark airport, parked, caught the bus, checked our bags and headed for security. Line was long, but we got through. We headed to see where our gate was and then grabbed some breakfast. Training and working out with trainers at the gym, I tried to choose healthier options and I had this.

After that we headed to picked up a few snacks, drinks and gum for the plane. We went to the gate and waited and after a while we boarded the plane. Fight was uneventful for the most part. We did have a bit of turbulence, but we lived.

Got to LAX and headed to get our luggage, for some reason our luggage had gotten there before us? We then headed to find a shuttle to Anaheim area and the hotel. We got a shuttle and we were on our way. We were dropped off at our hotel. We were staying at the Marriott Anaheim Hotel, next to the convention center. We checked in and then headed up to our room.

We decided to head over to the parks. So we left the hotel room.

We walked over, it was a 20 min walk so not that bad and great exercise. Went through bag check. and were in.

We went to California Adventure first.

We headed to grab a late lunch. I got this. I didn't take a picture of Dad's meals this trip.

After lunch we walked around.

We headed to ride Toy Story Mania first. Line was long, but not too bad.

After riding that we walked around again, we saw The Little Mermaid and wait was like 10 mins so we went to ride that.

Next we headed to check out Cars Land since we had not since it.

We walked around a bit more.

We decided to head out of the park to head over to Disneyland, but took a few more pictures.

So we headed over to Disneyland.

We walked around a while.

we decided to ride It's A Small World

After that we walked around a bit more.

We decided to grab a donut you can only find there. We shared it and it was yummy.

We headed to look in the shops a bit. It was getting late and we were tired after a long day, so we headed out of the park and back to the hotel. Again walking isn't bad at all. Our hotel had a pizza hut in it, so we decided to grab our own personal pizza's. We brought it up to the room and ate our dinner. I got this.

After that I took a shower and then we rested in the room for the night

February 16th, 2017

Today we woke up early. We made coffee and got ready for the day.

After we were ready we headed out for breakfast.

We walked down a few blocks to Ihop. We do have them in NJ, but we never have a chance to go here because my dad owns a hardware and Monday-Saturday we open at 8:00am and Sunday's we open at 9:00am. Also better just not to eat out at home and save unhealthy meals like that for vacations. So we got to Ihop and looked over the menu. We both got coffee. I like the cute little cups. I only took pictures of my food mainly this trip.

I got red velvet pancakes this morning.

After breakfast we headed back to the hotel and finished getting ready. Today we were going to both parks. We were also seeing Newsies the Musical at amc theatre later tonight. So we headed on out.

We got to Downtown Disney and went through security and headed over to California Adventure first. We walked around a bit.

We headed over to cars land to see about fast passes, but the wait times were already really long. We will try again tomorrow.

Next we went to get a picture with Oswald. Since this is one of the only times we could, and yes Dad is wearing a Oswald shirt my mom had gotten him.

We walked around around.

We rode the trolly.

We then headed to see the Frozen stage show.

We headed over to soarin' for our fastpass time after that. And rode it. Love this ride. After this we walked around and went to grab for lunch.

I wanted to try a corn dog, which I've never had. I've had corn dog nuggets. So we got that for lunch.

Dad got a beer. After eating and dad drinking his beer we decided to head over to Disneyland for a while. So we headed out.

We bought a few pins in toontown area. It was getting late in the afternoon so we decided to head back to the hotel to rest up a bit. Took some pictures on the way out.

we got back to the hotel and I rested a bit, Dad remembered they were having a special thing at the convention center for the hardware show tomorrow so he went over there for a bit to check it out. Dad was gone about a half hour. When he got back we got ready and left again to go to Downtown Disney for dinner. We walked there.

We went through security and went to grab some dinner at Earl Of Sandwich we go there a lot in WDW so good seeing it was here as well.

I got chips and we got potato salad to spilt and I got a ham and swiss sandwich.

After eating we walked around a bit

and then we headed to the movies. Got a drink of soda before it started and watched Newsies The Musical which was great. That is my all time favorite movie.

After the movie we headed back to the hotel. Stopped for drinks along the way. We got back and called it a night since we had to be up early for work tomorrow.

February 17th, 2017

So as I said in the beginning of the trip report this was a work trip. So today we were doing the Hardware Convention, which id basically a convention where they have different places setup where you buy stuff for your stores. Also this weekend they had rain, heck Disneyland and California Adventure even closed early this night. So we woke up, got ready and then went down to Starbucks in the hotel to get breakfast. We brought breakfast back up to the room and ate, I got this.

It wasn't the healthiest, ok it wasn't healthy at all. I've been training at the gym with a trainer and dieting since October 2015, but I'm learning how to get healthy and also get stuff I like when on vacation. I'm learning and still learning as I type this, but I'm much better then I was.

So after eating we headed over to the convention center, it was right by our hotel.

Dad got his work stuff and I found out the layout of the area and we split up. I headed back to the hotel to do some workouts, yup Beau gave me a list of things to do in the room and then I also went to the gym at the hotel and did a little workout on the treadmill.

So after working out for the day I headed back over to the convention center.

I walked around the convention and checked it out. I'm trying to learn the ropes for the future.

I went on my MacBook for a while. Free Wifi, had to use it. It was lunch time so picked up and meatball sub and a bag of cookies and a drink. We got vouchers for lunch so don't have to spend that much only on a drink and snack. I got this.

Met up with dad for a bit. Split up with him again and walked around more. Used wifi again, got some free food samples a few booths were giving out. Walked around a bit more.

I decided to head back to the hotel to drop my MacBook off and rest a little, it was raining pretty hard right now, but it was like 10 second run from the convention center to the hotel door. So didn't get too wet. Dad joined me in the room a little later. We headed back over to the convention center for the big meeting they have for everyone at the end. It was good. After that they have a reception where you can get finger type food and appetizers for dinner and a band(usually older ones) plays and they usually have things going on for kids. We got because then we don't have to buy dinner. Here's a few picture of just some things they had this time. It was originally suppose to be outside, but with rain they moved it inside to the convention center. They brought the food trucks inside. You can get free soda, water, and beer. I went crazy and got a beer tonight, yup bad for diet.

The band played, can't remember who it is lol, one I never heard of.

All in all a decent time, we headed back to the hotel and called it a night

February 18th, 2017

So we woke up today, got ready and headed to Ihop again for breakfast. Like the coffee is my favorite it. No Joke.

I got this today, trying a bit to be healthy, hahaha.

We headed back to the hotel after and brushed our teeth and then dad went to the convention for a while to finish up work, while I headed to the gym.

Dad got stuff he wanted to get done accomplished, so I met him back in the room after my great workout. I got ready and then we headed out.

We walked over to Disneyland and California Adventure.

We got there and went to California Adventure first.

We headed to see about fast passes for Soarin'.

We got some for 11:30 or so. Next we headed over to Carsland.

We walked around a bit.

we stopped and got a Churro to share, seemed like everyone was having one, so had to see if it was any good. It was good. We walked around some more. It was time to head over to Soarin', so we headed over there for our fastness time. After riding that it was about lunch time, so we went and grabbed a mac and cheese cone from Carsland. It was interesting and good and different, but had to try it since we don't come here that often.

After eating we decided to head over to Disneyland.

We walked around a bit,

We got a fast pass for Buzz lightyear and then headed to ride it's a small world. Then we headed back to ride Buzz lightyear.

After that we walked around some more. We rode Haunted Mansion. We grabbed a Mickey Bar after that.

The sun came out a bit.

We walked around again, split up with Dad and he went to ride a ride while I waited. He got back and we decided to head out of the park.

We decided to see about a bar in California Adventure. So we went there again.

The bar we were going to go to was busy, so we decided to leave the park. We saw this small street show on the way out.

We decided we'd go resort hop and check out the hotel lobbies and hotels.

First up Grand Californian

Next was off to the Disneyland Hotel.

We decided to stop at Trader Sam's Tiki Bar for a drink

We drank out drinks and then headed over to Paradise Pier Hotel. Check the hotel lobby and gift shop out and headed back to our hotel. We needed a little rest before dinner tonight

So after drinking our alcoholic beverages we went over to Paradise Pier Hotel and looked around and then we decided to walk back to the hotel to rest up for a half hour or so. We rested up and got ready for the night. We headed back over

to Downtown Disney and did some shopping. Got some of my favorite Disney Cookies to bring home and then we headed over to check in at Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen for our dinner. We had eaten here back in April 2011 and we both remembered how it was good, so we wanted to go again and we both like most every food. We first got and shared The Bourbon Street Sampler as a starter.

next we both got

BBQ Shrimp and Grits which was just as good as last time.

And for dessert we shared a order of Beignets, to die for.

After dinner we headed back over to the parks. We headed to California Adventure to see it at night.

We walked around more.

We stopped in the store on the way out to buy a Disneyland shirt for me and then we headed back to the hotel. stopped for drinks on the way there. Got back to the hotel and crashed hard since feet were killing me from walking a lot then day

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!