Disneyland at Christmas/Holiday Season Superthread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
The snow effect also happens at the Castle lighting as well.

Also wanted to mention to anybody that needed one that I have a few extra of the Holiday Time Buena Vista Bugle. My DH didn't realize I had them and now we have a few to spare.

Also wanted to mention to anybody that needed one that I have a few extra of the Holiday Time Buena Vista Bugle. My DH didn't realize I had them and now we have a few to spare.
Part of my family is heading down to DLR this weekend; was the Buena Vista Bugle pretty readily available in DCA? Where did you find it?

I looked everywhere during my November-trip (well, all the normal places) and I didn't see any. I was guessing they were still transitioning from the Fall edition to the Winter edition. Glad to hear they have the holiday/winter edition out!

Watched fireworks from small world mall last night (until they were cancelled part way through) and it snowed there. It was awesome! And at least we got to see some fireworks!

That's very nice of you, Jenasweetemotion! I'm sure that there were probably people who visited DLR in November or have already been there this month, who either didn't get a Bugle or didn't know the Bugle existed!

pixiedust:pixiedust:

Part of my family is heading down to DLR this weekend; was the Buena Vista Bugle pretty readily available in DCA? Where did you find it?

I looked everywhere during my November-trip (well, all the normal places) and I didn't see any. I was guessing they were still transitioning from the Fall edition to the Winter edition. Glad to hear they have the holiday/winter edition out!

This was the scenario I encountered last year. I think that I found a good stack of them right away in 2012 (and I took 2 copies with me), but ever since then it has been hit or miss. Racks were completely empty for days, and then all of a sudden a stack would randomly appear. I almost didn't get any last year because they were gone, gone, gone, and then finally a stack popped up towards the end of my trip and I just happened to see it at the right time. If I had checked back an hour later they probably would have been gone again.

Watched fireworks from small world mall last night (until they were cancelled part way through) and it snowed there. It was awesome! And at least we got to see some fireworks!

Crystal -- Are you home now, or are you checking in from DLR? Wherever you are, how was/is the trip?

We got home today at 3 :( never want to leave. But we had a blast! Although my DS5 was really testing what he could get away with this trip. Lol. We still had a blast. Perfect weather. Crowds were a little high sat but nothing too bad. Sunday was much better crowd wise. Missed some things we wanted to try. But that's ok. Kids cried when it was time to leave. Sign of a great trip! Will try to write a more detailed trip report later!!

I'm so excited! Our trip is in 11 days & we tell the kids in 10!

I booked our holiday tour (a surprise for dh's birthday) for Fri 12/19 at 2:55. I wanted to do it on Sat, but waited too long to book it. There were still spots for the early tour on Sat if anyone cares...heck there could be spots on the the late one, but I needed 5 tix.

It was available everyday we where there and looked like they were stocking it every morning. We found that it moved a couple of times but stayed in the general area which was on Buena Vista Street Information/Guest relations stand.

Thanks everyone for the feedback. Much appreciated. I am psyched for this mini trip. Anticipating this one day at Dland will help me through two more heinous weeks at work. I think I can, I think I can.....

The great search for Santa....

We will be at DL from Dec. 22-27 and are staying at the DLH. I know that someone on the thread made reference to the locations of Santa in the two parks.

My daughter doesn't want to see Santa here in our hometown, she keeps insisting that she wants to see Santa when she gets to DL. So....any suggestions for best location and times would be appreciated. Hopefully the lines won't be horrendously long for him. :-)

Thanks!

We see the Santa at Elias & Co every year and he is amazing!! Saw him this Sat and was blown away again. Not only does he spend a ton of time with the kids, but he knew everything they were talking about (mine craft, xbox1)! And had cute little stories about the elves making that etc. He also spend a ton of time trying to convince my little guy to tell him what he wanted. DS5 is super scared of Santa for some reason. Santa tried so hard. We really appreciated all his effort and time :) planning on writing to compliment him.

Another vote for visiting Santa at Elias & Co. The lines weren't too bad any day we were there. His elf helper is adorable too. Santa also takes time with adults who come to visit. :goodvibes

Another vote for visiting Santa at Elias & Co. The lines weren't too bad any day we were there. His elf helper is adorable too. Santa also takes time with adults who come to visit. :goodvibes

Another vote here. We went there on Dec 2nd when it was raining and there was no line. It was our first time meeting Santa at this location and he was really awesome. Funny story since there was no one in line he was telling me how he makes peppermint bark and when he gets made at one of the machines not working he takes a candy cane and throws it on the ground. Santa then grabbed a candy cane and really angrily threw it on the ground a poor little boy was coming in to see Santa and saw Santa really mad. The poor kid ran back out of the store with his dad following I felt bad at this kids poor timing but was laughing so hard as well :rotfl2: Definitely a one of a kind Santa over there. :lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts