Disneyland at Christmas/Holiday Season Superthread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
WhaaaaaaaaaT! That is so weird! These Gingerbread houses we're not as large as the usual on in the waiting area of Storytellers...
Here is the pic again!

Notice the plates?

DLRIPhone2014348.jpg

Another view:
DLRIPhone2014347.jpg

Yes that is the house up front, but just one. Got lots of pics but just with my real camera.

Does keep you guessing what will be there next week?? ;)

I was at Disneyland yesterday and it was packed! Like probably the busiest I've ever seen it!! And I have been at all times of the year!!

Hoping today at DCA is a lot better!!

After months of reading thru everything, and copying & pasting the tips I thought were helpful, we finally had our 1st ever DLR Christmas experience last week. 1st off, I have to say that we found the decorations beautiful. However, there were so many ups & downs with this trip. Here are a few observations:

Whenever we asked a CM for information, what we got was not correct, and every CM gave us a different answer to the same question. It was very frustrating.

We had rain for much of our time at the DLR. Yes, we were extremely wet, but the crowds were down, as well as the wait times. However, with the rain, there were many ride closures.

On Thursday, when it finally stopped raining, it was our 1st chance to see the Christmas parade & the fireworks. Being WDW veterans, we didn't think we would need to find a spot 2 hrs ahead of time just to see the parade from anywhere! No place at all to see the parade from. I'm not talking about a spot to sit, I'm talking about a place to see the parade. Very disappointed. Disney really should have anticipated the added crowds on Thurs due to the rain on the other days, and added an additional parade, as well as extending the park hours.

So many rides closed for EE! On Weds, we went to DCA for EE. I knew that RSR would be down because of the rain, so we went to Paradise Pier for TSMM. Not only was it down, but so was the Little Mermaid. Then Friday, we again went for TSMM as soon as EE opened, and again it was closed. Even though it wasn't raining, RSR was still closed. We did Soarin', and about that time, the park opened, so went to get FP for RSR, but they would not give them out since the ride was still down. Went to Mike & Sully, took a few pictures near there, went back to the RSR FP machines. This time it was open, & the return time was at 1:30 with a huge line in front of us. This was our last morning in the parks, and we needed to leave by 2:30, so we didn't bother waiting. Single rider lines were also very long. Good thing we got to ride RSR on Monday!

Over in DL, on our EE Thurs morning, we wanted to do Dumbo. It was down, so we went to do 1 other thing, came back, and the line was huge! Overall, we were very upset that so many of the rides that were suppose to be open for EE mornings were closed, whether it be from the rain, or some other issue.

On the upside, thanks so much for the tips I got here as to the best viewing area for Viva Navidad. Again, because of rain, Friday was our 1st chance to see it, and the 1st time was not until 1:00, so that was our only option, since we had to leave. I want to add something that I don't remember reading before, but want to stress. In between Bayside Brews & Jumpin Jelly Fish, you will see a taped off area. That area is the turn around space for the float. If you sit on the Jellyfish side of that tape, please be aware that once the float turns around, people will fill in that space and block off your view looking towards the float. This street party/parade was a lot of fun, and I really recommend you seeing it.

Characters: I had read so many people posting about how many characters were out, and they had seen them everywhere, and had great interactions. This was not the case for us, and I was again disappointed. Characters were not out in the rain, and if they were doing M&G's inside, we didn't know about it. We went to JJJ on Thurs, since again, it had rained T & W. I had expected to see all the characters I read about that colored with kids, played reindeer games with kids, etc. Instead, we saw the head of Santa Goofy walking out of the area, and got a pic with Dale. That was it. I had made a point of having all of us there to watch the show. While it was cute, I could tell that some of the family thought it was boring. I kept thinking that Santa Goofy would come out on the stage at the end to help save the day. In fact, I thought there might have been some Disney characters in the show. Guess I didn't research that very well.

Photopass: Very upset that I couldn't redeem our voucher outside the parks, before going to the parks. Again, lots of misinformation given by CM's on this, but that's a whole new thread.

Overall, I'm glad we got to experience Christmas at the DLR, but the crowds were really bad. This was the grandkid's 1st DLR visit, so we needed to try & do all attractions & rides, as well as soaking in the Christmas experience. It was hard to do both. In the mornings, or in the rain, when the crowds were lower, we were in a hurry to get rides/attractions done, and didn't take the time to enjoy all the Christmas decorations. When the crowds got heavier, all you see is people, and can't really see the Christmas decor very well.

For those of you living close by that can enjoy several trips a year.....lucky you.

My boyfriend and I went for our first time on Friday. :) We decided to just do Disneyland so we wouldn't have to rush. It's crazy how some aspects reminded us of WDW. We had to keep remembering we were in Disneyland! The only snag we had was that Indiana Jones was down at opening, but it did reopen around 11. We just kept checking back. We only ever had to wait 40 minutes at the most. We used fastpasses for Big Thunder, Space, and Roger Rabbit. We saw 60 for some things but we just came back when the line went down.

We have both grown up going to WDW and we can both easily say we prefer Disneyland. We thought pretty much every ride that both parks has was superior in Disneyland. We're going back in April for Celebration 7 and I'm so excited.

As far as characters go, we saw Jack Skellington wandering around, along with Aurora, the Snow Queen, Mickey/Minnie in their winter gear, Pluto, and Goofy. It was lovely how organized and civilized everyone was about it.

p.s. We got the 8x10 and digital download for one of our Space Mountain photos. The digital download aspect just means we can have it in our photopass account, not that we can get free pictures from it, right?

We are back from our California trip and it was great as always. We enjoyed the holiday time at the Disneyland Resort a lot. The decorations made the parks even more magical. One of our favorite places is the Jingle Jangle Jamboree, always so quiet. We met a lot of characters and watched the new show there, very funny.

There was a lot of merchandise to choose from, pretty hard to decide what to buy. Viva Navidad was awesome again, watched the street party as often as possible and met all the characters in their Mexican outfits. The tree lighting at California Adventure was also something that we enjoyed very much, as well as the bell ringers and all the other small shows.

We did like the Big Hero 6 sneak peek, watched the movie later at the El Capitan theatre and absolutely loved it. The new World of Color show was nice, but it was enough for us to watch it only one time.

Olaf's Frozen Ice Rink in Downtown was okay. We were not very impressed with the Winter Village, we have much more magical Christmas markets here where we live. Much better was the annual passholder event we had the chance to attend, we watched Alice in Wonderland with a special holiday intro from Walt Disney at the Opera House. Visiting Santa Clause is a must, we met him at the Jingle Jangle Jamboree, Elias & Co and at the Disneyland Hotel.

We took the Holiday Time at Disneyland Tour for the second time and were very pleased again. We didn't learn anything new, but it was wonderful to ride the improved Jingle Cruise and Small World, both always had a tremendously long line, to see the parade from our reserved seats and to get a lot of little treats. After the tour we rushed over to pay a visit to Anna and Elsa, it was the only day we managed to get a fastpass.

We have a friend that is a cast member, he showed us some nice places around Anaheim. We loved all the decorations and trees at the different malls and did some shopping and the Disney Store. Which is something special for us, because we don't have Disney Stores over here in Germany. He also took us to Roger's Gardens to see the original Disneyland bandstand. A highlight was the visit of Company D, where we were able to purchase some discounted t-shirts, vinylmations and other stuff. We even spend some time together at the parks, where we met Oswald for the first time, what a cute rabbit.

After our time in Anaheim had come to an end, we drove to Carlsbad where we stayed at the Legoland Hotel for one night and visited Legoland and the beach. The rest of our vacation we spend at a guest house in the Hollywood Hills. In Los Angeles we took the Warner Bros. and the Paramount tours, went two half days to the Universal Studios, did some shopping at the Citadel Mall, the Grove and the Santa Monica Place. We went to see Kinky Boots at the Pantages Theatre, awesome show, and had many great encounters with wax celebrities at Madame Tussauds. We had tickets for the Hollywood Christmas Parade, but it was not a very christmassy event. The rain was pouring like crazy, we were soaked and freezing. The canceled the pre-show concert and presented a reduced parade. I wonder what it will look like on TV, but we will never see it over here.

On Thanksgiving we returned to Anaheim for the dinner at the Disneyland Hotel. The ballroom was huge and so very pretty, there was plenty of food that was really good. A band was playing great music and we met all the characters. Dolphingirl47 was there too and I'm glad that she did spot us amongst all the people. It was great talking to her and her husband. The whole event was worth the money we paid.

Corinna --

Thank you so much for coming back to give such a great rundown/recap of your trip (which I will link in the Trip Reviews section on page 1)! It sounds like you did a lot and got a lot done during both segments of your DLR visit. And what a treat that you and Orbitron got to meet as well! I am hoping that he will pop in and give us a good recap of his trip too.

I can't wait to read your trip report and see your photos!

Yes, I covered a lot of ground, but there are still a bunch of things that I wish I had had the chance to experience. Still, that gives me an incentive to go back at some stage for the holiday season, maybe in 2016. Next year all going well we will do a Merrytime Cruise on the Disney Wonder out of Galveston and then head to Walt Disney World.

I was hoping to have my Photopass photos all edited by now and downloaded my photos from the various cameras, but that has not happened. I am back to work tomorrow so I have to do this in stages.

Corinna

We are back from our Holiday Disneyland visit! It was wonderful! I am so grateful I had these boards to read leading up to our visit. It was so helpful while we were there. I will come back and write up a few thoughts after I have caught up on some things. We are already plotting our return trip next holiday season!:banana::banana::banana:

For the first time I am going to do a mini trip report.
We went Nov 30th- Dec 5th and were going to be staying at the Disneyland Hotel for the first time. We were celebrating our 13th Anniversary and DH's 30th Birthday. We have always stayed at Paradise Pier for the last 9 years. Anyway we left Northern California at 8:00 a.m. and had rain the entire time as well as lots of traffic on I-5. Our 7 hour trip turned into 9 hours and by the time we got to the Disneyland Hotel I was hungry and tired and ready for a magical trip which just was not the case on this day. We went to check in and had a very unfriendly CM who was apparently under the weather and he did not want to deal with people at all. Another CM saw what was going on and took over his check in she helped us and to apologize upgraded our room to a fireworks view. We were so excited we went up to our room to get settled in. Well it turns out the room next to ours was have a party of some sort and it was very loud. I told my DH that I was going to go down and ask to be moved. We then got moved to another room higher in the same building (Fantasy). I told DH I wanted to check the room out before going and retrieving our luggage from the first room. I walked in and all was good for about a minute. The people next to us were having an argument and the kids were screaming. I told my DH that it was fine and that they would quite down I was sure of. I asked for him to just turn the TV on. Well the TV didn't work at this point our fridge starting making a high pitch alarm noise (almost like a car alarm). I told him I was done and that I wanted to leave. We went back down to the wonderful CM who had been helping us and told her we wanted to change hotels and didn't care which hotel we just wanted out of that hotel. She came back and told us how sorry she was that our trip wasn't magical and that they were sending us to the Grand Californian and that we didn't need to do anything that the room was ready for us and gave us our room keys. I was very happy to just be moving out of this hotel. We got over to the Grand and it was amazing (our first time staying here). We opened the door to our room and the first thing I noticed was that it was quite. I then noticed that they put roses on our bed in the shape of a heart and with a card that apologized for our stay so far and that they hoped to make it magical which they did. We were planning on going into Disneyland but after our long and eventful first day we decided to just go eat something and relax. I decided to stop into Disney Vault 28 to see if they had any of the Haunted Mansion Dooney's which they had 1 left and of course it was all mine haha. I was happy that it seemed our luck was changing.

So for the rest I am going to just do an overview of our days.

We have always loved the Holidays at Disneyland and California Adventure and we were surprised that the crowds on Dec 1st were very manageable we didn't wait for a ride for more then 15 minutes and we decided to do fast passes for the rides that had a longer wait. We saw Jack out and waited for him which was about 20 minutes. We were eager to ride the Jingle Cruise which we loved (except for the scent). I also rode Big Thunder for the first time since they added the new effects and refurbished it. I LOVED everything they did to this ride and ended up riding it a few more times during our stay. We had reservations at Steakhouse 55 at 5:30 which was also our only reservation we made. I love the food here but this time it took a while for the food. They had to warm up the oil for my fries (since I have a PN/TN allergy) but didn't do it until after the steak had already been served. we didn't leave until 7:20 which for a dinning experience was just a little long for my liking. That being said the food was really good and the CM's were all really nice. We spent sometime taking in the Hotel and really liked the Gingerbread house at the Grand. To me it looked better in person then in photo's and the smell was amazing. We also went up to the panoramic view of California Adventure and took in everything.

On Tuesday it rained which I was so very happy about. I know most people don't like the rain especially when it is happening on their vacation but we were prepared and knew that with the rain meant low crowds. We saw more parents and adults having melt downs then the kids which I found entertaining. We didn't wait for any ride for more then 5 minutes almost all were walk on including the character meets and houses in Toontown. We went over to California Adventure to ride the few rides that weren't outdoors and to take the class in the Animation Academy for the first time we got to draw Baymax. I loved doing this and will be something we will do in future visits. We went back over to Disneyland to eat at Plaza inn but found the line out the door and around the corner and changed our plans and ate at Rancho Del Zocalo which is always good.

Wednesday it was again raining but it was off. It seemed like people didn't want to deal with the rain and again the parks where empty. We started off in California Adventure and went on California Screamin', Toy Story Mania and then saw they had Radiator Springs Racers up and went on that all before the rain started again. We went over to Disneyland and rode more rides and went on the Haunted Mansion Holiday for the 6th time (we love this ride) at noon I went over and registered for the Wednesdays with Walt and since the rain had kept people away they allowed me to have a guest who didn't have an AP be my guest. We decided since we had rode everything we wanted that we would look for characters in both parks. We got pictures with Buzz, Woody (both in the Animation building) Goofy outside of Carthay, Santa in Elias & Company and Daisy was over were Duffy used to be on the Pier. We then went over to see Wednesday with Walt at 5:00. It was amazing the animated shorts we saw where “Pluto’s Christmas Tree”, “Toy Tinkers” and “The Night Before Christmas”. I was also very happy to get the free ornament which I had no clue about. After we went to Plaza Inn for dinner and had some of the best CM's they brought us roses and cupcakes for our Anniversary it was great. We decided to go ride Star Tours and got stuck on it which was a first. Our 5 minute wait turned into a 45 minute ride but I was still happy that it was a new experience haha. After this we roamed the park taking pictures since the rain had stopped and made everything look even more magical. I am telling you it was like we had the park to ourselves and I was able to get pictures that I never would have been able to get if it was busy.

Thursday since we had rode every ride and some multiple times we decided to just take it easy and went to meet Captain America and see the Big Hero 6 preview. We stopped at every photopass photographer since they weren't really out when it was raining. Went to the princess fairytale hall a couple of times and rode the train around the park. We noticed it was getting busier as the day progressed and were happy that we had done everything we wanted and more in the previous days. We got to meet some awesome Marines that I got pictures of and saw the flag retreat for the first time. The flag retreat was more emotional then I thought and will definitely be something we will do in future visits. We decided to go spend some time in Downtown Disney and ended up stopping back into Disney Vault 28 were they had received another shipment of the HM Dooneys and yes I got another one for my Mom as a early Christmas gift (I've been saving for these pricey bags since the first one came out). We went back to the Grand and just spent time in the lobby taking everything in.

Friday was our last day and since we knew it was going to be busy we decided we would use this day as our shopping day and just get a fastpass for what would be our last ride. Not a shock the last ride we chose was Haunted Mansion Holiday. We got some more photos with the Photopass photographers and finished up our lists of gifts and goods that people had wanted us to get. The crowds did get progressively worse. We left at 4:30 to head home to what would be another really long drive (18 hours round trip which is usually 14 hours).

I am not the best writer but I do hope you enjoyed reading our mini trip report and if you have an questions I am happy to answer. I will post some photo's later.

Jenasweetemotion -- Thank you for posting the photo of the WWS gingerbread house! I love the not-so-hidden Mickey on it. In the past, the WWS houses didn't have any hidden Mickeys that I could find. I'm glad that the cute little trees and snowmen are back as well.

I notice that this year's WWS gingerbread house is on a different counter than the counter where it had been set up for the last couple of years. From your photo, it almost looks as if this year's house was made specifically to fit in that little nook next to the baked goods.

xApril -- I'm actually not sure how the digital downloads work for the on-ride photos. I assume it means that it's in your PhotoPass account (as well as the actual photo you bought) and not that you can print unlimited photos from the download, but I can't be entirely sure.

tlovesdis -- I hope your birthday trip is amazing! Yes, the crowds were supposedly crazy yesterday from all reports that I've read -- it wasn't just the Candlelight crowds alone. It was likely the combination of the Candlelight people, the RaverDay people and probably some pharmacists in town for their Midyear meeting (which started today), especially the ones who are staying at the DLR hotels.

disneygrandma -- Thank you for reporting back to us about your trip! It definitely sounds as though there were some good moments and some not so good moments.

The inconsistency of information given out from Cast Members seems to be a trend, unfortunately.

You bring up very good points about rain at DLR. A lot of people talk about how they love being at DLR in the rain (I'm not one of them, by the way). Maybe those are people who can get back to DLR often enough so that if they miss something on one trip they will have another chance to do it again soon. Or, maybe the people who enjoy being at DLR in the rain are the ones who come from states that get rain much more regularly than California does, and so they don't think twice about it. I'm not sure.

But the truth is -- as you described, from your experiences -- a lot of things will simply close or not happen at all (like the parade, etc.) if it rains at DLR. And then when those things start up again, the lines and crowds are bigger because there are many people trying to play catch-up and see/do the things that they missed on the rainy days.

Orbitron -- Thank you for reporting back here as well! It sounds like you did a lot of things on your trip, and went many places! When you were at LEGOLAND, did they already have their cute LEGO Christmas displays up -- or was it too early in the season? Grinchmas at Universal Studios didn't start until, I think, yesterday, 12/6 (I'm not sure why it starts so late)!

And you were at The Grove! That's in my neighborhood! Did you stay to see the snow at night? I don't know if you saw the photos that I shared from The Grove and Farmers Market (I posted them in this thread on Thanksgiving), but one comment I made was that I felt that the snowfall at The Grove was actually better than the snowfall at DL. Of course, the snow at DL comes with lights and fireworks and nice aromas wafting through the air and all of that wonderful Disney magic. But in terms of how much actual snow falls, I think there is more snow at The Grove, and I think it falls (or seems to fall) for a longer period of time at The Grove than it does at DL.

As for the Winter Village in Downtown Disney -- was this your first year seeing it? Wasn't it there last year when you visited, or did you miss seeing it in 2013? I agree that it is lacking when compared to the fun Christmas markets that can be found throughout Europe. I haven't even been to Europe and I can see (from TV specials) that the Christmas markets are charming and festive. I would love it if Disney did something like that. Since we don't have an Epcot to celebrate different holiday traditions, it would be amazing if Disney could throw in a Christmas market sort of situation in DTD, or somewhere in DCA.

However, the Winter Village -- as it is right now -- is a huge step up from what it was back in 2012, when it was barely there at all. It's a big improvement. So it may not be as charming as an authentic Christmas market, but at least Disney isn't taking a step back with it and scaling it down. Also, it's an added bit of holiday cheer in Downtown Disney, and DTD really needs the extra holiday cheer!

We are back from our Holiday Disneyland visit! It was wonderful! I am so grateful I had these boards to read leading up to our visit. It was so helpful while we were there. I will come back and write up a few thoughts after I have caught up on some things. We are already plotting our return trip next holiday season!:banana::banana::banana:

Tracy -- I can't wait to hear about your trip, since it had been soooooooooo long since your last DLR visit.

And also... I can't wait to find out what you think of Mr. Miracle!:rotfl2::rotfl2: Let me just say this... maybe I wasn't concentrating on it or focusing enough. Maybe I somehow just didn't 'get' it. Maybe the casting was horrible, and another actor should have played the title role. But it will be joining One Christmas Eve near the bottom of my rankings. It is no Mrs. Miracle, which is a gem!

However, I can't wait for Alicia Witt's new movie tonight! She can't let me down! I have loved her other Hallmark/Lifetime movies, and I have faith!:rotfl2:

Jenasweetemotion --

Thank you so much for taking the time to write up your report for us! pixiedust: :worship: I really, really appreciate it, and I'm sure that everyone else will too.

My goodness! That is a really long drive back -- yikes!

Well, I'm so glad that Disney made things right for you and moved you over to the GCH (I am hoping they didn't charge you anything extra for that hotel) after the DLH fiasco. It sounds like the Disneyland Hotel was just not meant to be on that specific trip, from the under the weather CM to the noisy neighbors, to the noisy mini-fridge! Maybe on another trip the DLH would have been fine. The noisy neighbors would have been too much for me. I get enough 'noisy neighbor nonsense' at home -- if I am going to stay at a Disney hotel I don't want to be bothered there too!

The time spent at Steakhouse 55 sounds a bit long -- almost 2 hours.

The scent on Jingle Cruise that you didn't like -- was that the cinnamon, or some other aroma?

Although I am not personally a fan of being at Disneyland in the rain, I totally agree that it clears out a lot of people (which is awesome), cuts down lines (even better) and makes everything looks shiny, sparkly and magical when the rain stops! I'm sure you got some great photos during that rare window of time in which the park was not packed with people and the pathways were glistening!

The cupcakes and roses at Plaza Inn sound lovely! What a nice anniversary treat.

Did you notice that any bites had been taken out of the GCH gingerbread house?

:cheer2::dance3::cheer2:

Jenasweetemotion --

Thank you so much for taking the time to write up your report for us! pixiedust: :worship: I really, really appreciate it, and I'm sure that everyone else will too.

My goodness! That is a really long drive back -- yikes!

Well, I'm so glad that Disney made things right for you and moved you over to the GCH (I am hoping they didn't charge you anything extra for that hotel) after the DLH fiasco. It sounds like the Disneyland Hotel was just not meant to be on that specific trip, from the under the weather CM to the noisy neighbors, to the noisy mini-fridge! Maybe on another trip the DLH would have been fine. The noisy neighbors would have been too much for me. I get enough 'noisy neighbor nonsense' at home -- if I am going to stay at a Disney hotel I don't want to be bothered there too!

The time spent at Steakhouse 55 sounds a bit long -- almost 2 hours.

The scent on Jingle Cruise that you didn't like -- was that the cinnamon, or some other aroma?

Although I am not personally a fan of being at Disneyland in the rain, I totally agree that it clears out a lot of people (which is awesome), cuts down lines (even better) and makes everything looks shiny, sparkly and magical when the rain stops! I'm sure you got some great photos during that rare window of time in which the park was not packed with people and the pathways were glistening!

The cupcakes and roses at Plaza Inn sound lovely! What a nice anniversary treat.

Did you notice that any bites had been taken out of the GCH gingerbread house?

No they didn't charge anything extra at all.

I live in a college town and get noisy neighbors all the time so it I wasn't happy at all. Although I am wondering if maybe the walls are also really thin at Disneyland Hotel. :confused3

2 hours is long!

The smell on Jingle Cruise was Cinnamon and even when it was raining you could smell the smell over at Indiana Jones when you exited.

The treats at Plaza inn where really nice. Since it was raining we had a guy who offered us his table inside but we where good outside under the covered patio. Then a lady CM came out to give us roses and buttons from the Minnie meal in the a.m. then a minute later a gentlemen CM came out to give us cupcakes. The couple at the table across from us asked us if we were famous since it seemed everyone was paying attention to us haha. I was waiting for a flash mob to happen next :rotfl2:

I didn't notice any bites and in fact I walked around it looking for one. It would surprise me if the cover up the bite marks though.

We stayed at DLH from 11/21-11/26 and the walls were paper thin. I was so disappointed because I saved for almost 2 years to spend 5 nights there at holiday rates and the noise level was no better than staying at a Super 8. Apparently our next door neighbors with their crying baby must have stalked us because each and every time we were in our room, they were in their room :( It wasn't worth complaining about, but when you spend $500 a night on a room, I don't expect to be able to hear conversations and babies in other rooms.

The tree is WWS, is different than the two is Storytellers..... I bet one of the one's in Storyteller's got knocked off and broke!

Sherry, when is YOUR holiday trip??

---Lori:santa:

We stayed at DLH from 11/21-11/26 and the walls were paper thin. I was so disappointed because I saved for almost 2 years to spend 5 nights there at holiday rates and the noise level was no better than staying at a Super 8. Apparently our next door neighbors with their crying baby must have stalked us because each and every time we were in our room, they were in their room :( It wasn't worth complaining about, but when you spend $500 a night on a room, I don't expect to be able to hear conversations and babies in other rooms.

Then I am glad I didn't stay am longer then I did to see if it would have gotten better in the second room. I was telling my DH that the rooms at Best Western were quieter then DLH which is crazy to me. I would have thought that with the refurbishment that they did a few years ago that they would have done something to improve the noise issues but I guess not. It is bad when you can hear every word clearly in the room next door. Sorry about your trip.

Forgot to add in my mini trip report that we also loved the Jingle Jangle Jamboree and we both DH and I colored a post card to be mailed to the troops. It is an awesome thing they do and was fun to color. We met Mickey and Minnie back there as well.

Is this another mystery, or am I just blanking out on an obvious tree somewhere? (I am old and tired, so anything is possible!:rotfl2:)

In this installment of D23's Days of Christmas, under #9 (Tree Topper) it says: "At Disneyland we have added an Indiana Jones hat at the top of a tree in Adventureland with bamboo coming through it."

Tree in Adventureland? Does that makeshift tree in the queue of Jingle Cruise have an Indy hat on it this year? Is there an Adventureland tree somewhere that I am unaware of? Is there a tree in the Indy queue?

I have definitely seen some cool tree toppers all around DLR -- especially the ones at the hotels -- but has Adventureland had a tree all this time? I never saw one in the shop in Adventureland.

:confused3:confused3

This hat? Not a topper though

One from last year and this year :confused3:confused3

1964978_379006342241287_1163083239_n.jpg

10404152_505926709549249_5908409157678412958_n.jpg

I guess that must be the tree topper in question (though it's not actually a topper).:confused3 :confused3 I can't think of one other place in Adventureland that has a tree, aside from the Jingle Cruise queue.

quick question for anyone who knows. does the railroad run during and or immediatelyafter the fireworks

Yes the train runs during the fireworks

thank you so much. we are sitting at Fantasmic right now and are looking to make a quick getaway when it's over. ErR

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!