Disneyland Birthday ?'s and other ?'s

batraylover

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone, first I would like to give a big THANK YOU to everyone on this board. I have been "lurking" around the board for awhile picking up tips, tricks, how to's, and how not to's for a Disneyland Birthday trip scheduled for May 23rd, 2005. Anyhow, somewhere on a message board (I am pretty sure it was on this site), I read about a push cart near the Plaza Inn Restraunt that has birthday themed merchandise...it was an entire birthday themed push cart. The site had photos of some of the merchandise as well as prices, and I know it was a link provided on this message board. Does anyone know what I am talking about? More importantly can anyone confirm that the Birthday pushcart still exists at Disneyland?

The second part of this post is about military discounts. I know that the base here in San Diego sells discounted tickets...I am not sure the exact prices right off hand. But I am wondering if Disneyland offers military discount at the gate, and if so, does anyone know what that discount might be? Do you think it is cheaper to pick up tickets before I go or at the gate?

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

I cant confirm its still there but as its the sale cart for the Plaza Inn birthday party I assume its still there (it was in Jan)

I also have no idea about the military discounts

Hello Batraylover & welcome to the DIS :)

It was there earlier this year, and I imagine it still is

11450plazainn03-med.jpg

11450plazainn05.jpg

11450plazainn04.jpg

Thank you for the information on the cart. Once I saw the sign photo with the name of the cart I was able to "Google" it and find the site I had found before.

The site I was originally looking for is: http://www.colddeadfish.net/dlr/dlrbirthdays.html

I am almost positive it was mentioned on this message board somewhere before, that or I found it on a different message board I was reading the other night.

We bought our 3 day park hoppers here in San Diego at NASNI on Coronado (my FAVORITE base... the beach is unbelievable!), so we got a military discount and did buy in advance. For two adults and one child, the cost was $299 ($104 per adult, $89 for child, then the small convenience fee). I was quite pleased with this.

Hope this helps! :goodvibes

The cart is still there, just saw it friday. As for military tickets they do not sell military tickets at the gate you must by them through a base.

I called the base yesterday, one day tickets which are all we need are $44 dollars which seems like a pretty good deal, all though I haven't been shopping around really, so I am not sure. I know it is certainly cheaper then Disney's at the gate price.

As for the information on the cart, thanks everyone!

One other question, how reliable are the times listed on the Disneyland website? As in the website lists times for the opening and closing of Disneyland, the fireworks, and the parade...are these times accurate, close to accurate, nowhere near accurate? Is it better to call a few days before your visit, or?

Thanks again!

Just in case every little dollar could help, I did see one day tix to DL for $42 at Costco, if you're a member or know someone who is.

thatgirl'smom said:
Just in case every little dollar could help, I did see one day tix to DL for $42 at Costco, if you're a member or know someone who is.

Do you know if this is at every Costco? The website only lists the Southern California City Pass, and all though they list other tickets for every other park (Sea World, Legoland, etc) they don't list one day to Disneyland...maybe they are out becuase of the 50th Celebration?

Called Costco...the guy on the phone thought I was nuts, he says they have NEVER offered 1 day Disneyland tickets, they only sell the 4-day passes or the Southern California City Passes. Thanks for the suggestion though. It looks like the base is my best bet!

Just to warn you, you might want to call up Disneyland before you plan the birthday party there. I was just at Disneyland yesterday (May 3rd) and they had the Plaza Inn closed for media. There is a lot going on for the 50th. I would assume that a week or so after May 5th they would re-open Plaza Inn, but you never know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter