Disneyland closing early.... lower crowds?

Linkura

DIS Veteran
Tokyo Disneyland is closing at 5pm (opening 8am) one of my trip days (Monday, April 13, 2020). I assume this is due to an evening special event related to BATB and all of the openings on the 15th. Sea is open normal hours, 9am-10pm. My question is, should I go to Land or Sea that day? Usually when the American parks close early, there are lower crowds on those days and you're able to get a lot done, perhaps even more done, with the reduced hours. Is that the case in Tokyo? Or should I just go to Sea that day? I DO plan on getting the Multi-Day Passport Special (planning to stay at TDL Hotel) so I CAN hop to Sea after 5pm, but I might be too tired to do so, haha. Thanks!

I recommend rope dropping Disneysea to grab Toy Story FP (or Soaring if it's still popular) and doing the show lotteries there - probably the last show of Tip Top Easter, Big Band Beat. Do a couple rides (maybe grab another evening FP) then hop over to Disneyland. If you won the Disneysea lotteries, go back early for them, if not stay till Disneyland closes before hopping back.

Although if you think you'll get tired at 5PM, you probably can't keep up with a fast pace so you could just start at Disneyland and hop over later depending on how you feel. There may be a slight uptick in Disneysea crowds but I wouldn't expect Disneyland crowds to feel particularly low because of the shortened hours.

I recommend rope dropping Disneysea to grab Toy Story FP (or Soaring if it's still popular) and doing the show lotteries there - probably the last show of Tip Top Easter, Big Band Beat. Do a couple rides (maybe grab another evening FP) then hop over to Disneyland. If you won the Disneysea lotteries, go back early for them, if not stay till Disneyland closes before hopping back.

Although if you think you'll get tired at 5PM, you probably can't keep up with a fast pace so you could just start at Disneyland and hop over later depending on how you feel. There may be a slight uptick in Disneysea crowds but I wouldn't expect Disneyland crowds to feel particularly low because of the shortened hours.
Thanks for the reply! I don't plan on doing TSM or Soaring at all as I don't like either ride. Don't plan on Tip Top Easter either as I didn't like the YT I saw of it. So I'd just be doing Big Band Beat, which I could do another day. I also MAY have time to do the final BBB lottery if I hop over at DL park close depending on the show time. I also have 5 dedicated park days- does that change the calculus at all? Thanks again. :)

I expect Song of Mirage to be off lottery by then so you could probably rope drop rides at Disneyland. Big Band Beat lotteries are not too difficult to win and you could always standby the first show on your last day if you really don't win any of them.

I expect Song of Mirage to be off lottery by then so you could probably rope drop rides at Disneyland. Big Band Beat lotteries are not too difficult to win and you could always standby the first show on your last day if you really don't win any of them.
Thanks! Sounds like Land might be a good choice, but I got time to decide and with the Multi-Day Passport Special, I got time to decide. You recommend Song of Mirage, then?

Only thing I'll be missing at Land due to the early close is Dreamlights, which I can do another day. Not that interested in Let's Party Gras based on the videos I've seen.

I like Hello New York more but think that if you have 5 days, you should try to watch Song of Mirage.

I didn't like the Hello, New York! videos I watched either. :rotfl2:Pretty much the only current non-parade entertainment that I've watched and liked was the small clip of Big Band Beat that I could find. Unfortunately Song of Mirage doesn't allow recording either, and there's only a really short clip on YT. It looks fine, but I can't get much from it. I'll probably give it a shot if time allows.

I did watch A Table is Waiting, though, and it's so crazy that I loved it. Too bad it's not around anymore. Of course, Dreaming Up! and Dreamlights both look incredible and I will be watching both.

I didn't like the Hello, New York! videos I watched either. :rotfl2:Pretty much the only current non-parade entertainment that I've watched and liked was the small clip of Big Band Beat that I could find. Unfortunately Song of Mirage doesn't allow recording either, and there's only a really short clip on YT. It looks fine, but I can't get much from it. I'll probably give it a shot if time allows.

I did watch A Table is Waiting, though, and it's so crazy that I loved it. Too bad it's not around anymore. Of course, Dreaming Up! and Dreamlights both look incredible and I will be watching both.
I am replying as someone who loves BBB & the parades/evening shows but doesn’t like Hello, New York! so I’m guessing we have similar taste & wanted to share my opinion :laughing:

Song of Mirage is pretty good/not bad. It replaced Out of Shadowland, which was... mediocre (& I’m being kind) but it is not as good as Mystic Rhythms, the one that came before that. I would give it a 6/10. Fun once & then you’re done, but it’s worth seeing if you have the time. HTH :)

I am replying as someone who loves BBB & the parades/evening shows but doesn’t like Hello, New York! so I’m guessing we have similar taste & wanted to share my opinion :laughing:

Song of Mirage is pretty good/not bad. It replaced Out of Shadowland, which was... mediocre (& I’m being kind) but it is not as good as Mystic Rhythms, the one that came before that. I would give it a 6/10. Fun once & then you’re done, but it’s worth seeing if you have the time. HTH :)
Thanks for weighing in! A fellow kindred spirit.

I think we have rather opposite tastes. I like Hello, New York but usually skip BBB if I'm not with someone who hasn't seen it. I do love the parades and evening shows though. I also like Mystic Rhythms more than Song of Mirage but I really liked Out of Shadowland. I know I'm in the minority for Out of Shadowland and I think I know why. I really appreciate creative effects being used for storytelling and Out of Shadowland was the most plot driven Disney show that I know of. Most people seem to enjoy visually appealing musical segments and not care much for dialogue that ties the segments together. This is especially the case for foreign audiences.

I think we have rather opposite tastes. I like Hello, New York but usually skip BBB if I'm not with someone who hasn't seen it. I do love the parades and evening shows though. I also like Mystic Rhythms more than Song of Mirage but I really liked Out of Shadowland. I know I'm in the minority for Out of Shadowland and I think I know why. I really appreciate creative effects being used for storytelling and Out of Shadowland was the most plot driven Disney show that I know of. Most people seem to enjoy visually appealing musical segments and not care much for dialogue that ties the segments together. This is especially the case for foreign audiences.
I thought Shadowland’s plot & dialogue were simplistic even for a Disney show. Most overseas visitors were able to follow along without even understanding what was being said - which is a good thing, in my opinion, considering you’re going to have a lot of children in the audience who wouldn’t get much out of it otherwise. I never really had to explain much to people with that show. I just could not put myself through it more than once. The visual effects were good, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter