Disneyland Costco Packages

I would say to let them know if you need your package early.

If they run out of the "Costco" lanyard or pin (which I believe are "standard" D60 fare this year) they will give you another lanyard and pin. They have DL travel, AAA and Costco packages and they back fill with DLR sets if they are out. They never leave you hanging. If you find the place you are at is out of the one you are expecting ask if the other location has some left. They can call for you.

They were out one trip for me and we got another non-Costco set in place.

I was told by a phone agent that they were all the same this year because of the diamond celebration (I wanted the actual pin/lanyard, not the Costco one...stupid, I know, but its the little things...). She assured me that this year they were all the diamond celebration pin.

They are... I have mine at home. I know the lanyard is light blue with D60, Disneyland and no Costco logo IIRC. Normally the Costco and AAA lanyards have their respective logos on them.

I used an older lanyard this trip with a removable pouch holder. It made our PhotoPass very easy to use.

Couple of questions for those who have done/are doing Costco packages.... 1- Will they give you a discount if Disney later puts up a discount on rooms for the time you are staying? 2- Does anyone know if you can do Room Only without an AP- we won tickets and just need a room. 3- Can the character dining passes be used for regular dining and if so do you know where? (Sounds like if they aren't used for character dining they can be used for $45/$22 for CS or TS food?) 4- Do they just ask for the $200 deposit initially or is it pay in advance? Would we be able to use Disney GC's or Disney Vacation Accounts to pay the rest of the package if its just a deposit? TIA

Couple of questions for those who have done/are doing Costco packages.... 1- Will they give you a discount if Disney later puts up a discount on rooms for the time you are staying? 2- Does anyone know if you can do Room Only without an AP- we won tickets and just need a room. 3- Can the character dining passes be used for regular dining and if so do you know where? (Sounds like if they aren't used for character dining they can be used for $45/$22 for CS or TS food?) 4- Do they just ask for the $200 deposit initially or is it pay in advance? Would we be able to use Disney GC's or Disney Vacation Accounts to pay the rest of the package if its just a deposit? TIA

1. I've heard they will reduce prices if you call in. Disney typically won't offer specials within 30 days of travel, so you'll know well before the cancellation period if there will be any specials. In the case that they wouldn't change it, you could always cancel for a full refund. No harm, no foul.

2. I was told that, in order to receive the package benefits, at least one member of the party needs to buy a ticket.

3. Yes, they can be used at any Disney owned restaurant (no Downtown Disney though), at a value of $45. You must use all value in one sitting though, as you won't get cash or credit back. You can choose to only use one or two certificates at a time if you want.

4. It is just the $200 deposit, so long as you are 30+ days out. Once you hit 30 days, the entire amount is due, and a cancellation fee takes effect of $200.

5. You can use a DVA or DGC to pay the deposit and total amount. The booking/payments are actually done by Disney employees, acting as designated agents for Costco Travel.

Yes you can!

When you call, them them you have APs. They'll ask for the numbers to confirm (you can call later & do this if you don't have all the cards when you book). They'll take off the cost of the PHs, and you'll get all the Costco perks. We just got back from 5-nights at DLH, and with out family of 5 we had $179 in dining vouchers plus a $60 gift card!

I phoned Costco last week, told them I was looking for the Costco deals and that we were AP Holders. I was told you could NOT book a room-only reservation through Costco Travel or get the Costco rate on a room-only reservation. I also asked if we could just sign my son up for the package (as he does not have an AP) and was told no - all members of the party had to buy tickets. Just wasn't possible, not even as an AP holder. Bummer!

We've booked a few trips through Costco and have been very happy...when we had to reschedule due to Hurricane Sandy they were very easy to work with.

Just to update everyone- I also called Costco myself to see about room only. They will NOT offer room only discounts to AP or otherwise (she said they can't even go through the computer system to book without tickets) and you cannot do just one person with tickets (I thought about adding the rest of our party later via DLR). Bummer- I spoke with DLR on the phone she confirmed my thoughts that while she does not know about discounts, the hotels are pretty full through the rest of the year already and she does not forsee any discounts coming out at this point. Couple that with the capped ($150 limit) Orbitz deals that are coming out lately and DLR is going to be expensive this year :sad1:

You can get tickets only in the warehouse (IIRC) but I KNOW you can get them at Safeway/Vons/Pavilions

Just to update everyone- I also called Costco myself to see about room only. They will NOT offer room only discounts to AP or otherwise (she said they can't even go through the computer system to book without tickets) and you cannot do just one person with tickets (I thought about adding the rest of our party later via DLR). Bummer- I spoke with DLR on the phone she confirmed my thoughts that while she does not know about discounts, the hotels are pretty full through the rest of the year already and she does not forsee any discounts coming out at this point. Couple that with the capped ($150 limit) Orbitz deals that are coming out lately and DLR is going to be expensive this year :sad1:

Interesting...and affects our bookings for this fall & winter!

We booked this past March for June & originally only has APs for dh & I,so we needed 3 PHs for our kids. We were able to book the room & give them our AP numbers so we didn't have to pay for PHs for dh & I. Then we ended up getting APs for our kids at Easter, so we called Costco & took their PHs off the reservation. No problem at all. We got all of our dining vouchers/etc.

I wonder if we were able to make it work because we changed our reservations AFTER we booked it? I'll definitely be seeing what happens soon :)

Interesting...and affects our bookings for this fall & winter!

We booked this past March for June & originally only has APs for dh & I,so we needed 3 PHs for our kids. We were able to book the room & give them our AP numbers so we didn't have to pay for PHs for dh & I. Then we ended up getting APs for our kids at Easter, so we called Costco & took their PHs off the reservation. No problem at all. We got all of our dining vouchers/etc.

I wonder if we were able to make it work because we changed our reservations AFTER we booked it? I'll definitely be seeing what happens soon :)

Its so funny that some can't and some can! I think I will call again and maybe a different person will give me a different answer? LOL- disney and costco seem to have something in common :rolleyes:

So we just booked our Oct trip thru Costco...

In March we booked our June trip. At the time only DH & I had APs. We called to book it, and gave them our AP numbers over the phone, Costco confirmed the numbers and our package only included the 3 PHs for our kids. A month later we had APs for our kids, so we called back, gave Costco our kids' AP numbers, and our package price was adjusted. So we paid for room only, and still received all the perks (gift card, meal vouchers, lanyard, pin,etc.).

Today, DH called & booked our Oct trip trip Costco; this time all 5 of us have APs. So he gave them all 5 of our AP numbers at the time of the booking. He said he was on hold for about 5 minutes while the TA confirmed our AP numbers. And all we were charged was our room cost at FFI.

So, it CAN be done. Maybe it takes an experienced TA or a more computer savvy one, but it is possible to book a trip with APs at Costco & get all the perks.

Hope this helps someone save some money! :)

In March we booked our June trip. At the time only DH & I had APs. We called to book it, and gave them our AP numbers over the phone, Costco confirmed the numbers and our package only included the 3 PHs for our kids. A month later we had APs for our kids, so we called back, gave Costco our kids' AP numbers, and our package price was adjusted. So we paid for room only, and still received all the perks (gift card, meal vouchers, lanyard, pin,etc.).

Today, DH called & booked our Oct trip trip Costco; this time all 5 of us have APs. So he gave them all 5 of our AP numbers at the time of the booking. He said he was on hold for about 5 minutes while the TA confirmed our AP numbers. And all we were charged was our room cost at FFI.

So, it CAN be done. Maybe it takes an experienced TA or a more computer savvy one, but it is possible to book a trip with APs at Costco & get all the perks.

I plan to buy an AP on the October trip. I also have a trip in December. When I get home and have my AP, I'm going to call and turn the Dec trip into a Costco package. Thanks for all the tips.

Geemo

W

Would you mind sharing exactly what you said on the phone? When I called I was told it was not possible. i'd love your insight. I already booked through Disney (with my AP number) and was told there was no special pricing for AP holders (yet).

W

Would you mind sharing exactly what you said on the phone? When I called I was told it was not possible. i'd love your insight. I already booked through Disney (with my AP number) and was told there was no special pricing for AP holders (yet).

DH is the one that called, but he said he said, "we have annual passes, can you take the tickets off."

I wish I knew why it worked for us & not you! The only thing I can think of is that if you (or someone else) said "I don't want tix" and DH asked if the tix could be removed. So maybe the TA he talked to put the tix with the package to get into the booking system, and then took them off? I know that's kinda how it happened last spring for us. But I just got our invoice this morning & it just has the hotel room charge (plus all the perks itemized).

When you book a package deal through Costco, can you make payments via the Disneyland website since its connected?

You do all of your payments thru Costco travel. Any questions, money, etc, go thru them until you get your package about 3 weeks before your travel date.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter