Disneyland Costco Packages

DH is the one that called, but he said he said, "we have annual passes, can you take the tickets off."

I wish I knew why it worked for us & not you! The only thing I can think of is that if you (or someone else) said "I don't want tix" and DH asked if the tix could be removed. So maybe the TA he talked to put the tix with the package to get into the booking system, and then took them off? I know that's kinda how it happened last spring for us. But I just got our invoice this morning & it just has the hotel room charge (plus all the perks itemized).

You do all of your payments thru Costco travel. Any questions, money, etc, go thru them until you get your package about 3 weeks before your travel date.

Ah okay. So he called, basically asked about booking a trip to Disneyland (at an onsite hotel i presume) for October, went through the process and then told them to take the tickets off? Mind me asking what price you got? I was told by Disney that there was no deal for this October.

Dh called to book the trip thru Costco. No "special" deals, just the regular Costco perks (premium dining vouchers, gift card if you're staying on site, pin, lanyard, & some other coupons).

So I just asked dh how the transaction went:

"Costco TA quoted him a price for 10/22-25 for 5 at the FFI. Then I said we have APs so she asked for the AP numbers, put me on hold while she confirmed the numbers, and then gave me a new quote for the room only."

Total was $650-ish for 3 nights at FFI.

No, you're paying Costco.

Mommyslp...are you an SLP? Me too :)

Thats actually not true. You CAN pay with gift cards. If you go online to pay for your order (through Costco Travel), they'll actually forward you to Disney's website to pay. I paid exclusively with gift cards in July...thats how I know.

EDIT: So long as you're staying at a Disneyland Hotel, I know this is true. No experience with Good Neighbor Hotels.

Thats actually not true. You CAN pay with gift cards. If you go online to pay for your order (through Costco Travel), they'll actually forward you to Disney's website to pay. I paid exclusively with gift cards in July...thats how I know.

EDIT: So long as you're staying at a Disneyland Hotel, I know this is true. No experience with Good Neighbor Hotels.

Oh! Good to know! I buy gift cards at Safeway to earn gas points :)

I am looking into Costco for our 2020 trip. Wondering if anyone has compared their discounts to direct from Disney. Like right now there is $25% off..is it off the same base rate as Disney..i.e. if both gave 25% off would the rate be the same?
Any idea how far in advance they release these packages?
I cant figure out the dates this post has been posted to so not sure how current. I read elsewhere you can go resort only and drop off tickets without having AP. What are some recent experiences? Or do you save enough to just get the tickets and hotel from Costco and not buy separately.

I am speculating that with Star Wars coming 2020 discounts will be hard to come by and Costco might be a great option.

When I checked for our current trip, the Disney promotion for tickets + a separate lodging I found was better than what I could get through Costco, but we're a party of 10 this trip so it could be different for a smaller group. They re-did the Costco offering after 2017, and it doesn't come with quite as many perks as it did before. I would suspect they may revamp again before 2020, so the discounts might not be the same and/or the perks may change.

I am looking into Costco for our 2020 trip. Wondering if anyone has compared their discounts to direct from Disney. Like right now there is $25% off..is it off the same base rate as Disney..i.e. if both gave 25% off would the rate be the same?
Any idea how far in advance they release these packages?
I cant figure out the dates this post has been posted to so not sure how current. I read elsewhere you can go resort only and drop off tickets without having AP. What are some recent experiences? Or do you save enough to just get the tickets and hotel from Costco and not buy separately.

I am speculating that with Star Wars coming 2020 discounts will be hard to come by and Costco might be a great option.
I called earlier this week about booking hotel only. They said they can do it if you add a ticket to it or have a AP. It does come with some perks like a $185 gc but the total was a bit more than booking directly on the Disneyland site. So there are not many perks.

We have booked many packages through costco and have always gotten a great deal plus quite a few extras. But the room only just doesn't seem to be a good offer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter