Disneyland DAS

Hoodie

<font color=purple>Going to BC and GF with one wee
Has anything changed since the DL DAS thread was last updated in 2014? We are likely heading there this summer for the first time. We are WDW DAS veterans but I know it's different in DL. Plus, I have to prepare DS - he's so used to magic bands.

Also, we were planning on using the MaxPass as well. Do we need that with a DAS?

Has anything changed since the DL DAS thread was last updated in 2014? We are likely heading there this summer for the first time. We are WDW DAS veterans but I know it's different in DL. Plus, I have to prepare DS - he's so used to magic bands.

Also, we were planning on using the MaxPass as well. Do we need that with a DAS?

We have used the DAS at Disneyland quite a few times and on our last trip in Aug 2017 we also used Maxpass. Do you NEED it? Maybe not but we found it REALLY helpful! It was so easy to use and being able to grab fastpasses for either park from wherever we were was so nice. We always go back to our room after lunch to rest and allow our son to decompress and with Maxpass we were able to book fastpasses from our hotel room.

As I said, we have used the DAS at DL a number of times and we have also used it at WDW once so if you had any questions about the DL version, please feel free to ask!

The biggest difference is it is now digitized and attached to your tickets/pass that way. Your return time also shows up in the app, which is nice.

The biggest difference is it is now digitized and attached to your tickets/pass that way. Your return time also shows up in the app, which is nice.
THank you. That's helpful. I still need to get used to having the ticket with me again (it's amazing how quickly you forget after using the magic bands!) The DAS times show up in the MDE app at WDW too so knowing that it's finally tied in at DL is a plus!

I'm guessing people use lanyards for the tickets/passes? Does the DAS holder still need to go first? Is it a CM scanning or does DL have the mickey heads like WDW?

THank you. That's helpful. I still need to get used to having the ticket with me again (it's amazing how quickly you forget after using the magic bands!) The DAS times show up in the MDE app at WDW too so knowing that it's finally tied in at DL is a plus!

I'm guessing people use lanyards for the tickets/passes? Does the DAS holder still need to go first? Is it a CM scanning or does DL have the mickey heads like WDW?

When you use a das return time, the das holder has to scan their ticket first. The scanner will turn blue and I always just said that we had a rt. The cm then directed my husband and myself to scan. When you use a fp, it does. It matter who scans first.

I had all of our passes loaded in my app, so I just scanned for everyone, swiping between the passes was quick and easy.

You can use the app to scan the return times so you don’t have to pull out your tickets/passes, and you can load everyone’s ticket onto a single account so only one person needs to have their device ready.

I prefer the system for DAS in DL over WDW, with the kiosks assigning the return times. It is so much easier to not need to approach the actual ride to get the return time. And you can get one for either park.

If you have both a Fastpass and a DAS Return Time for the same attraction for the same time period, who scans first becomes very important.
To use the DAS Return Time, the person DAS was issued to needs to scan first.
If you want to use the Fastpass first, make sure someone other than the person DAS was issued to scans first.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!