• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland & DCA- My Crowd Report for 12/15

eatmypixiedust

<font color=blue><marquee>I'm coming to you live f
I went to DL and DCA today bracing myself for the worst (huge crowds). I arrived at DL around 9am and the crowds were not bad at all! I was quite surprised since it was so horrific last week. The park was quite empty and I was able to take plenty of clean/empty pics and do some christmas shopping. ::MinnieMo I decided to check out the line for Santa's Reindeer Roundup. I waited in line about 5 minutes to 10am and the line was rather short. There were maybe 20 of us waiting in line to take a pic with Santa. It also moved rather quickly too. After I exited the area, the line to see Santa stretched to where that one bench (looks like a bus stop in a way) is just before entering Fantasyland from Frontierland. The only rides I saw that had the longest lines in Fantasyland were Peter Pan, Snow White and the Carousel. I checked out the crowds throughout the day and all the rides seemed to have short wait times ranging from 5-10 minutes. It actually felt like past trips I've taken in December when the parks were uncrowded.

DCA was not busy. I went there around late noon to grab a bite at Ariel's Grotto and spent a couple hours shopping and having fun. As I was headed towards DCA, I did notice a slightly larger crowd at the entrance of DL. It wasn't massive or horrible but there were definitely more people compared to when I had arrived this morning. I headed to Off the Page where I learned how to draw Mickey Mouse <I desperately wanted to have an eraser! LoL!> in the Animation show (previously Mushu). There was only a few of us and we only filled up the first 3 rows, which was a sign that the park wasn't busy.

The only massive line I saw today was just outisde the security/bag check in Downtown Disney. This was around 4pm. The line was backed up all the way to the tram loading/unloading area. I had to walk around them and down the stairs located close to Naples restaurant, in order to get to the shops in Downtown Disney (which was not crowded or packed compared to my visit last Thursday). I'm not sure what happend there, but my guess is there might have been a shortage of CM's to check bags at that time :confused3

I was told by CM's that if you want to hit the parks, they suggest going before the last 2 weeks of December. They also suggest arriving in the early morning. I was told that the busiest time is during the late afternoon/evenings when it becomes absolutely hectic (I would say starting from 4pm). Hope this was a bit helpful. ::MickeyMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter