Disneyland Disability Access Questions (SAP, etc)

eternaldisneyfan

<font color=royalblue>Have an Attitude of Gratitud
Does Disneyland have Companion bathrooms? To be honest, the Disneyland disability page has very poor information. The attraction descriptions don't even have any accessibility marking (transfer or wheelchair accessible). I have been scrounging for information... Is it worth it to get a SAP-I heard that if you're in a wheelchair you can't get one. But I have a lot of other problems. I have bowel/bladder problems, if I get too hot I can't breath or/and throw up, if I get too cold my muscles lock up, I get seizures if I get too tired or overexerted, I go into respiratory distress and have to be bagged and put on my ventilator, and I have a trach that has to be suctioned so I can't be left alone. My Dad takes care of all of us so we can't be split up. I am just concerned about being able to do things and have fun. We are going to Disneyland in the 2nd or 3rd week of June...crowds? weather?

Thanks
Christamae

Christamae- I'll be there at the end of May, so I'll let you know what I find out. I plan to go to Guest Services with a copy of my GAC from WDW and explain my needs also. Kathy

We were there in January. DCA has a few companion bathrooms. We used the one over by flicks fun fair. We also used the one at First Aid.

At Disneyland park we used First Aid. They are always happy to help. First aid is nice becuase it is air conditioned and a good place to cool down for a few minutes. It is also pretty central being just off of the hub.

In Southern CA in June they often get what they call June gloom which is fog in the morining and overcast during the day. This can keep things cooler which is good. Disneyland can get warm (I am from AZ so I hesitate to use the word hot!) Check the forecast and be prepared for anything from cool evening to days in the low 90's.

Have an enjoyable trip.

Did you find this page on the official Disney site?
It does have lists of which rides are wheelchair accessible and which you need to transfer for. It's kind of a lot of steps because you have to follow the linf for each attraction and then it tells you how/what to do to access the ride.
I'd probably use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page to ask them to send you a copy of their Guidebook for Guests with Disabilities.

They renamed their Special Assistance Pass a year ago in January. It's now called a Guest Assistance Card and works the same as at WDW. Since you have more needs than just an accessible line, I'd get a GAC.
This site www.mousplanet.com has a forum (not as busy as the DIS), but they have one called Theme Park Access that is similar to the disABILITIES Board.

Thanks for the help.

I have a few specific questions.

1. Is Jungle Cruise now wheelchair accessible (I can drive my chair onto the boat)? The one at WDW is and DL just came out of rehab...same thing for Astro Blasters, Casey Jr. Circus Train, and Storybook Canal River Boats.

2. Where is the wheelchair seating spot(s) for Parade of Dreams, Block Party Bash, and Remember...Dreams Come True?

3. Where are the Companion Bathrooms?

Thanks for all your help. I really appreciate it.

Christamae

Christamae- I have your list printed out, so if you think of anything else, let me know. We're leaving here on May 13th and arriving at DL on the 28th (Disney Magic inbetween). I loved the Jungle Cruise at WDW and I'm also hoping they've adapted the one at DL- I hadn't been on that attraction in 3 years since I've been in this chair and couldn't stop smiling! Kathy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter