Disneyland first time visit by a WDW expert (with a twist)

d2galiano625

Earning My Ears
Extremely excited to be visiting Disneyland for the first time this summer!!! I am a former WDW cast member and a huge fan of Disney Theme Parks. I have been to all the parks in FL many times and even Disneyland Paris. Knowing this, what should I do with my 1 day (yes just 1 day) at Disneyland for my first visit? What are the must do’s, and what can I skip? Here’s the twist: I have also never been to Galaxy’s Edge. Do I visit it at Disneyland or do I forgo it knowing I’ll see it on a future WDW trip? NOTE: I will have a park hopper ticket.

I guess learn Max Pass. In 2 lands, DL basically has as many rides as WDW.
Must do Indy, RsR (Cars Land), Matterhorn.
A few comparisons like Pirates and Small World that DL does better..
Mr Toad’s wild ride (if you miss him)
Churros and Trolley corn dogs
Can avoid Splash, HM, Jungle Cruise, Soarin, TSMM

I guess if it works into your plan and you can get a RotR boarding group, it’s high quality park time, but not a unique experience.

Here are some threads with good information for your trip planning:
* DLR Info/Links - Maps, Hotels, DISer Reviews, Hydroguy's tips, NEWBIE INFO here! -- from the sticky threads at the top of the first page
From that sticky:
A DLR Guide for WDW Vets -- a classic thread and a must read for you!
HydroGuy Tips Compilation -- SO many great threads here!
From that thread:
"Maxpass/Fastpass: an overview and some strategy" by @Skyegirl1999 - www.disboards.com/threads/maxpass-fastpass-an-overview-and-some-strategy.3726246/ -- read this and ask all FP/MP questions in this thread -- you'll get great help!
New SWGE Superthread! Now Open to All! (6/24/2019) -- ask any SWGE questions here!
Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread *No Ride Spoilers Please* -- keep up to date with this superthread to know what is going on with the new ride by the time of your visit
Questions about WDW vs DL -- this recent thread may have helpful info for you
World of Color Superthread -- fantastic show at DCA with a problematic viewing area -- study the first post and ask any questions in that thread -- if you can swing the WOC Dessert Party, do it!
F! originated at DL and it's a wonderful show! Do a dining package for the best views with the least wait time. From $ to $$$: HB, RBT, BB. If you do BB, you'll get a souvenir cushion and get to eat inside POTC!

When is your trip date? You're going to have a great time!

Extremely excited to be visiting Disneyland for the first time this summer!!! I am a former WDW cast member and a huge fan of Disney Theme Parks. I have been to all the parks in FL many times and even Disneyland Paris. Knowing this, what should I do with my 1 day (yes just 1 day) at Disneyland for my first visit? What are the must do’s, and what can I skip? Here’s the twist: I have also never been to Galaxy’s Edge. Do I visit it at Disneyland or do I forgo it knowing I’ll see it on a future WDW trip? NOTE: I will have a park hopper ticket.
We are DVC Boulder Ridge and went to DL the week after Thanksgiving in 2018 and fell in love! Wish I owned DVC GC! Our first day I booked a Fantasmic dining pkg. at BB. It is a must see and it is far superior to WDW! You get to sit in the best viewing area, although note it is on the ground. If there are fireworks after you can stay and view from that area and the projections were on the water screens.

When in the summer are you going? If it’s in July/early August then park hours are likely to be 8am-12am at Disneyland and 8am-10/11pm at DCA which helps with accomplishing a lot in a day. Those first 2 park hours are super important since rides have very little wait times then. Also, phase 1 of Marvel should be open by summertime.

When in the summer are you going? If it’s in July/early August then park hours are likely to be 8am-12am at Disneyland and 8am-10/11pm at DCA which helps with accomplishing a lot in a day. Those first 2 park hours are super important since rides have very little wait times then. Also, phase 1 of Marvel should be open by summertime.

We will be there the first week in June. I didn’t even think about the marvel stuff. I’ll have to cross reference our travel dates. Thanks!!

Don't forget to check for Grad Nite dates. DCA will close early those nights for non-grads, and that might affect your scheduling.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter