Disneyland Harbor Blvd Entrance.

SgtTibbs

RunDisney'er
I'm planning a 2019 Disneyland trip. Is the entrance off Harbor safe for now? Last I heard they had decided to not build the parking structure that would in essence close off the Harbor Blvd. Entrance.

By "safe" do you mean "not crime ridden"? Or "not slated to be closed off any time soon"? Either way, you should be fine. The Harbor entrance is in steady use, is not crime ridden, and should be open for business in 2019 as far as we know right now.

No problems using Harbor. Even if they had built the expansion, the Harbor entrance would still not have been closed off to the local hotels.
Have a wonderful trip!

By "safe" do you mean "not crime ridden"? Or "not slated to be closed off any time soon"? Either way, you should be fine. The Harbor entrance is in steady use, is not crime ridden, and should be open for business in 2019 as far as we know right now.

I mean: "Not slated to be closed off any time soon". Thanks for the update. I've got a reservation for the Desert Inn in my pocket for next year.

No problems using Harbor. Even if they had built the expansion, the Harbor entrance would still not have been closed off to the local hotels.
Have a wonderful trip!
Ah. Good to hear, the plan I saw had them closing the entrance on Harbor forcing guests at those hotels to hike back to the new garage and take the sky bridge.

Have a wonderful trip!

I thought the new plan would have made the walk from the Candy Cane Inn much farther. Plus you would have to cross Harbor.

I thought the new plan would have made the walk from the Candy Cane Inn much farther. Plus you would have to cross Harbor.

Yes, the now-dead plan would have effectively made the walk farther but a Harbor entrance would still have been available.
As one who frequents the fine hotels on Harbor, I'm glad this plan was squashed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!