Disneyland Hotel pool unavailable

DisneyMountainWoman

DIS Veteran
I just got this email :(

Thank you for choosing the Disneyland Hotel® for your stay. We look forward to sharing the spirit and wonder of Disneyland® past and present with you.

In order to ensure we continue to provide the very best Guest experience possible, it is necessary for us to refresh our offerings from time to time. In preparation for your upcoming visit, we would like to make you aware of refurbishment work that will be occurring during your stay.

Beginning January 7, 2019, the D-Ticket Pool, Monorail Pool and Waterslides, and Minnie and Mickey spas will be unavailable until March 2019. During this time, we invite you to play or relax in our E-Ticket pool. The California Streamin’ slide at Disney’s Paradise Pier® Hotel will also be available for your enjoyment.

Please know, while we work our magic, your comfort and enjoyment is our top priority. While you may see or hear our “work in progress,” please know that the work will be limited to the hours of 9am to 5pm.

We apologize for any inconvenience this work may cause and appreciate your patience and understanding. If you have questions or need assistance prior to your arrival, please call the Disney Reservation Center at 714-956-6425 between the hours of 7:00am-8:00pm (PT).

General Manager Roger Ploum and the team at the Disneyland Hotel® look forward to your arrival and wish you a truly magical stay!

Sincerely,
Disney Destinations, LLC

This falls during my stay, too. Darn. Thanks for the heads up! I didn't get any notification.

In addition to this my TA friend told me the Monorail Pool and water slides will be closed Mar 2019 - early May 2019.

@DisneyMountainWoman maybe update the title of this thread to something like "Disneyland Hotel pool partial close Jan 2019-Mar(maybe May) 2019" That will give people a fast heads up on the topic when skimming for info around here :)

In addition to this my TA friend told me the Monorail Pool and water slides will be closed Mar 2019 - early May 2019.

@DisneyMountainWoman maybe update the title of this thread to something like "Disneyland Hotel pool partial close Jan 2019-Mar(maybe May) 2019" That will give people a fast heads up on the topic when skimming for info around here :)

I have no idea how to change the title. I can change the post. Sorry.

So called and got bs answer. I hate we get downgraded to DPP instead of GCH pool. They wont do any sort of deal or discount since they say there is already one.... grrr.... We had a pool day planned. I just hate how we do not get access to GCH. Disneyland Hotel and GCH are both the luxury hotel, DPP is moderate level hotel. It is such a down grade. What they should say it Disneyland hotel guest can go to either hotel. That way it spreads out the crowds. They said they choose DPP cause it is closer.... we are still paying around 400.... those prices do not match what we are getting now.

So called and got bs answer. I hate we get downgraded to DPP instead of GCH pool. They wont do any sort of deal or discount since they say there is already one.... grrr.... We had a pool day planned. I just hate how we do not get access to GCH. Disneyland Hotel and GCH are both the luxury hotel, DPP is moderate level hotel. It is such a down grade. What they should say it Disneyland hotel guest can go to either hotel. That way it spreads out the crowds. They said they choose DPP cause it is closer.... we are still paying around 400.... those prices do not match what we are getting now.
Can you decrease a day since you won’t need a pool day?

Not the way I read it, we get down graded to Disney’s Paradise Pier® not GCH, Grand Californian Hotel. Even though I paying alot of money :(

My bad, you are correct. I thought that slide name meant GCH and I didn't read carefully.

Either way, it will be cold. I find the DLH pool to be cold even in July, even when I return from a morning at the parks and I'm sweaty and desperate to cool down, that pool is FREEZING. I've never gone swimming in the winter, but I'm sure it doesn't get any warmer. Maybe the other pool is warmer?

My bad, you are correct. I thought that slide name meant GCH and I didn't read carefully.

Either way, it will be cold. I find the DLH pool to be cold even in July, even when I return from a morning at the parks and I'm sweaty and desperate to cool down, that pool is FREEZING. I've never gone swimming in the winter, but I'm sure it doesn't get any warmer. Maybe the other pool is warmer?

We are Coloradans so going swimming in the winter is no big deal. If the temps are the 60s that is flip flop and shorts weather.

Oh bummer on getting compensation. Maybe consider an offsite pool day at the beginning or end of the trip? I’ve never stayed there but Great Wolf Lodge Anaheim is supposed to have a VERY neat pool/water park. Courtyard anaheim has some sort of water park as well.

Bummer. I was counting on the hot tub during my stay. Also...kinda wonder why I didn't get that email. We'll be there Jan 15-17.

It's nice that they are opening up the GCH pool to give DLH guests a chance to freeze their butts off at another pool while the refurb is underway.

LOL. It's Southern California. Freezing?

Disneyland Hotel and GCH are both the luxury hotel, DPP is moderate level hotel.

Not in my opinion. The pool at PPH is a proper swimming pool, not a place to splash around. I'd take PPH's pool any day over the blob at DLH, and I wasn't even interested in going to the pool at the Grand the one crummy stay I had there.

That is not great news; most pools at DLH were closed during our February 2017 stay there. It was mostly cool and rainy, so we only swam one day and DD (then 4) was fine with the one pool. But, since you were planning to utilize the pools quite a bit, that puts a damper on the stay for sure.

Why don’t you move to the Grand? There are still rooms available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!