Disneyland Hotel Renovations in 2020

mcrowder1978

Mouseketeer
Hi everybody. Has there been any word or specifics released about the reno/refurbs they are doing at the Disneyland Hotel this year? When I was booking last week there was a popup saying it would be during the day starting 2/2 and running through most of the year. I have been scouring the web and haven't been able to find anything about it yet. I'm wondering if it is just a room "refresh" throughout or if they are doing some of the prep work for the proposed DVC Tower out there. Any updates or details are appreciated.

We’re booked for July and received an email stating there would be construction during our stay. The focus seems to be on enhancing guest rooms and convention spaces. In an effort to minimize disruptions, noise will be limited to the hours of 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. All other areas will remain open.

That is kind of what I am thinking too. More along the lines of updating rooms and what not as opposed to full scale construction. I'm not so much worried about it because when we went last year we didn't hear anything from outside of the room or the rooms next to us even though there was the conjoining door. More curious about what type of enhancements to the rooms they are planning and what that entails. If you hear anymore about it let us know and have a great time on your trip!

We are booked in June and I did not receive an email. Interesting! I haven't heard a lot about it, so I assume it will just be replacing carpeting and furniture so the rooms look fresh again. I think if it was a complete re-themeing we would be hearing a lot more about it. Construction doesn't really bother me, I am just concerned the slides won't be open at the pool...and we specifically booked an extra night so we could have a pool day. We were there last June and the slides were not working. So that would be a major bummer.

We are booked in June and I did not receive an email. Interesting! I haven't heard a lot about it, so I assume it will just be replacing carpeting and furniture so the rooms look fresh again. I think if it was a complete re-themeing we would be hearing a lot more about it. Construction doesn't really bother me, I am just concerned the slides won't be open at the pool...and we specifically booked an extra night so we could have a pool day. We were there last June and the slides were not working. So that would be a major bummer.

We planned in at least one pool day because we enjoyed it so much last time. I am hoping the slides are open as well. When we were there in August last year it was hit or miss if they were open but I did get to do the highest one once, my daughter just wanted to lay there and soak up the sun lol

We booked a stay for June. Was told the rooms will be renovated “to enhance the guest experience”

That

That is fantastic! Thanks for the update!!
It's good news. But not fantastic. Soft goods can still encompass loud work. They may not be knocking down walls but they might be replacing floors as that's something WDW has seen done during soft goods refurbs, but not always... until we get pics from the first batch of rooms they complete we won't have a good idea of how much noise we're looking at...

I just got the email from the resort talking about the renovations. It says:

We will be enhancing our Guest rooms and convention spaces, so you may see and hear construction work in various areas.
Be assured that while we work our magic, your comfort and enjoyment is our top priority. To minimize any disruptions to your stay, work with the highest potential for noise will be limited to the hours of 9am to 5pm.
All of our unique Resort amenities, including our shopping and dining will remain open throughout your stay.

"

This is good news because I was more concerned about exterior work, especially around the pool area. I'm not so much worried about this. There could be noise but most days we will either be in the park or at the pool during these times anyway. And on the off chance we go back to the room to take a nap during the day I'm not so worried because we both are heavy sleepers and if it is anything like our last trip we will be so exhausted it won't matter lol.

Thanks everybody for chiming in with info. If I hear anything different I will pass it along right away.

I just got the email from the resort talking about the renovations. It says:

We will be enhancing our Guest rooms and convention spaces, so you may see and hear construction work in various areas.
Be assured that while we work our magic, your comfort and enjoyment is our top priority. To minimize any disruptions to your stay, work with the highest potential for noise will be limited to the hours of 9am to 5pm.
All of our unique Resort amenities, including our shopping and dining will remain open throughout your stay.

"

This is good news because I was more concerned about exterior work, especially around the pool area. I'm not so much worried about this. There could be noise but most days we will either be in the park or at the pool during these times anyway. And on the off chance we go back to the room to take a nap during the day I'm not so worried because we both are heavy sleepers and if it is anything like our last trip we will be so exhausted it won't matter lol.

Thanks everybody for chiming in with info. If I hear anything different I will pass it along right away.
I just got the same email and thought the same thing!

I got the email today, and our reservations aren't until mid-November, so they must think there's a good chance the work won't be completed before then.
As I mentioned in the SuperThread, I was told they are working floor by floor and tower by tower, starting with Frontier. The CM I talked to encouraged me to call back for updates, perhaps with an eye toward making sure the tower we are requesting is not under rehab during our stay.

I had heard that this renovation is for replacing things like drapes, carpet, and other so-called soft goods. I would expect that they would barricade off certain sections of a floor while they do this to X number of rooms on that floor. I remember when they did this some years back. It takes time because they have to do sections at a time, possibly floor by floor. This reno is said to extend to the end of 2020. I wonder which direction they will go from Frontier? Adventure, or Magic tower, and are they also including the convention area? I have April reservations (requested Adventure) and December in the Fairytale Suite. I wonder what happens if they need to renovate the suite on my dates?

I had heard that this renovation is for replacing things like drapes, carpet, and other so-called soft goods. I would expect that they would barricade off certain sections of a floor while they do this to X number of rooms on that floor. I remember when they did this some years back. It takes time because they have to do sections at a time, possibly floor by floor. This reno is said to extend to the end of 2020. I wonder which direction they will go from Frontier? Adventure, or Magic tower, and are they also including the convention area? I have April reservations (requested Adventure) and December in the Fairytale Suite. I wonder what happens if they need to renovate the suite on my dates?

I do know refurbishments usually block off a wing or a whole floor and start at the top floor, and work down. As for the common areas (lobby, front desk, restaurants, sundries, etc) they fit them in last, or when there is a lull.

I'd think that your FairyTale Suite (jealous btw) will be okay. They've only got one of those so if they do anything I'm sure they would just block off availability when they are planning to do it. As for the Adventure Tower, that may be iffy seeing as they don't guarantee a tower even though we can ask for one. I love the Adventure Tower from when we stayed there last year and requested it for August as well. I'm hoping by doing the Club Level with Downtown Disney view it will lock us into that tower. I loved every bit of it, especially the music in the lobby. I found a youtube video with that soundtrack and listen to it in the background at work all the time lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter