Disneyland Hotel Renovations in 2020

Just yesterday I booked for next month and got this generic description:

Hotel Refurbishment:
Disneyland Hotel begins a magical guest room enhancement February 2, finishing fall 2020. Guests may see and hear construction in various areas, but to minimize disruptions, work with the highest noise potential will occur between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. All of the Hotel’s unique amenities will remain available, including shopping, dining and pools. If you have questions about your reservation please call (714)520-5005. All construction and reopening dates are subject to change.

We are booked for end of April as the second half of our stay and I am not too concerned - I believe we will be busy between those hours anyway but I am glad the pool is not part of the renovations at least.

I don’t know if allowed but how much did it cost for the fairytale suite. Trying to convince my husband to book for anniversary

I don’t know if allowed but how much did it cost for the fairytale suite. Trying to convince my husband to book for anniversary
Oh, it's very pricey! It's $1200/night for our trip. I called to see if the price was less after the Covid thing shut everything down, but nope. Going to check back when things are on track again and see what they say since I'm not sure what the status will be with concierge lounge, dining options, and entertainment.

It's a lot of money but quite a bit less than the other Signature Suites. It's on the top floor of Adventure tower, right next door to the Concierge Lounge and lounge privileges are included. You can run next door and get champagne (sparkling wine), food, other drink, and snacks as often as you like. The bathroom is huge and beautiful, with a 'magic' TV that appears in the mirror when you turn it on and a giant jetted tub with a huge castle mosaic around it. There's also a gigantic steam shower and a separate room for toilet and bidet. The countertops are some kind of engineered stone and you can flip a switch to make it glow. They have some kind of lighting inside. There are floor-to-ceiling windows and it's on the corner so it also has a window on the side. Great fireworks viewing (don't forget the champagne and snacks from next door!). It's definitely a splurge but you get all the concierge food and drink, special reserved seating (at least if/when they have Fantasmic and fireworks), a huge super cool room and something to really remember. There is a step up entry into the room and a little inner foyer that has glass niches set into the walls with beautiful porcelain figurines of some of the Disney characters. Tinkerbell actually flies around the foyer (via lights and sound) and each niche lights up when she touches it with her wand. Now, they have redecorated since I stayed there several years ago, so I'm not sure that all of those things are still intact but I believe they are. When I stayed, it had real silk carpeting and the most beautiful silk canopy bed. It's less 'feminine' now and the carpeting has been replaced with hard flooring, with a color scheme more in purples I believe whereas previously it was mint. There's a writing desk, a table and 2 chairs, and a chaise in the bedroom. There is an area near the foyer with closet, coffee station, etc.

I hope you get the chance to see it! A long time ago I posted a whole thread about our trip but I don't think the pictures show up any longer, either because DIS has changed stuff or the photo site I was using no longer supports it. I'll link to it but I don't know if anything will show up. https://www.disboards.com/threads/fairy-tale-suite-report-and-pics.3033074/ Oh yeah, my wedding gift to my son and DIL included a 3-night stay in the FTS and they were thrilled!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter