Disneyland Hotel Security Entrance v. Harbor et al

ECMD2018

Earning My Ears
Reading a lot about backups at security checkpoints. My family and I are staying at the DLH. Is the security checkpoint near DLH as congested as the other pedestrian entrance point on Harbor? I assumed that DLH would be less so, but realized I based that more on my hopes than evidence.

The last two years I've gone (late October, for the Halloween party, usually stay about 4 days) the security checkpoint near the DLH (basically at the start of Downtown Disney) has been between empty, and 1 to 2 minute wait. I usually pass by it around 9 to 10am and maybe again around 4 or 5pm. It's fast, very fast.

the security check point at the DLH is a breeze compared to the one on Harbour. The one on Harbour is chaotic and long while the one at the DLH is short and way more relaxing.

the most I've waited is 5 minutes but that was an outlier, I think because they didn't have enough security checkers, it's usually either immediate or 1 or 2 groups in front of you.

The one at GCH is surprisingly much busier, I think because they don't have enough room to have multiple checkers.

If you are staying at the DLH, then use the DLH security checkpoint. It's usually pretty fast. It can get jammed up now and then, but it's unlikely that going to another security checkpoint would be faster (especially Harbor).

I think in all my visits, ONE TIME there was a backup at the DLH security so I walked around to the DTD security, basically on the other side of the old ESPN Zone.

the most I've waited is 5 minutes but that was an outlier, I think because they didn't have enough security checkers, it's usually either immediate or 1 or 2 groups in front of you...
ITA....we never waited more than 3 or 4 minutes [stayed there in April]...

Ive always had DHS not as busy and sometimes quite. But if you get there on a "busy" line day its miserable… had the line going to the parking lot on one occasion. Longest its ever taken me to get into the parks

Ive always had DHS not as busy and sometimes quite. But if you get there on a "busy" line day its miserable… had the line going to the parking lot on one occasion. Longest its ever taken me to get into the parks

Seriously?! This is the security point right next to the hotel and kinda near where the old ESPN zone was, right? That’s crazy, I’ve literally never seen more then 10 or 20 people there at the same time, lol

Seriously?! This is the security point right next to the hotel and kinda near where the old ESPN zone was, right? That’s crazy, I’ve literally never seen more then 10 or 20 people there at the same time, lol
Yup that's the one usually its fairly good. sometimes youll see it move down the street to the right but barely. That time it went all the way down the road past the roundabout down the parking structures. and it wasn't a single file line. Took almost an hour to get into the park.

When we were there last October, the Harbor Blvd entrance was insane on the Saturday and Sunday we were there. We waited almost 45 minutes to make it through security and ticket scanning.

We stayed at the DLH last October and never had much of a wait to get through security. I think the longest was still less than 5 minutes.

Our family stays at the DLH several times through out the year and the wait on that side is never more than 5 mins.

We've also never had more than a 3-4 minute lineup at the downtown Disney security checkpoint, I have never read or heard about anyone experiencing them (until the above poster), so I am going to guess that their experience might have been a fluke. But, Harbor has been known to sometimes be very bogged down, like ridiculously so! Apparently they've made changes/improvements on the Harbor side and reports are much more positive, I hope that's true because we are back on the Harbor side on our next visit.

We stayed at the DLH SWGE opening weekend and never had to wait more than a few minutes at the security checkpoint.

We stayed at DLH mid May and security was backed up a bit because of rain. Everyone had to remove jackets or ponchos or stuff underneath. Non rain day it was fast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!