Disneyland hotel

ButterbearUK

Mouseketeer
We are likely to have our October trip to WDW cancelled and are eyeing up a possible trip to DLP instead. Is the Disneyland Hotel a good choice? How are the rooms? Have they been renovated recently? I stayed there way back in 1992 and have always fancied going back. This might be a good excuse!

Last edited:
We are going in September🤞
We are booked at the Newport Bay. Never been before, so not much use I’m sorry, but excited for a new adventure!😄🎉

We are likely to have our October trip to WDW cancelled and are eyeing up a possible trip to DLP instead. Is the Disneyland Hotel a good choice? How are the rooms? Have they been renovated recently? I stayed there way back in 1992 and have always fancied going back. This might be a good excuse!
Definitely a good excuse to go back :) I've never stayed at the Disneyland Hotel as I can't justify the price for when I just need a place to sleep. I always stay at Cheyenne or Santa Fe and those rooms are fine for what I need, so I assume the same for the Disneyland Hotel. I do think that when you do stay at the Disneyland hotel it's better to do it in low season when the park closes early/earlier. Then after the fireworks you have at least a few hours to enjoy your room/hotel. In summer when the park closes at 11 and next morning EMH starts at 8:30, you are hardly there.

The outside of the hotel needs some work & love, and there were rumors that the refurbishment was planned for next year before the 30th anniversary in 2022. It is the last of the hotels to get a big refurbishments. The other hotels had refurbishments in the last few years.

We were there in February last year and it was lovely. Definitely a Victorian theme but very clean. Needs more of a tech update, usb, etc. I’ve put a review on the hotel review sticky.

We were there in January and enjoyed it. The rooms seemed very nice, much better than Hotel Cheyenne (though the DLH tub was tiny). And it was especially great being inside the security bubble.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!