Disneyland In-Park Updates

myohmymorgan

Earning My Ears
Morgan's In-Park Updates 7/24

MORE ENTERTAINMENT GONE - Dancers have gone from Lion King Show even though the show has a continued run till Sept 2. The show is great with live singers and dancers with 5 shows a day. There is a scene where there are wildebeest and all 8 dancers would reenact the stampede. The stampede part is now gone and just two singers pretend to be the wildebeest and it looks sad. The show doesn’t have the same effect of celebration that it used to. The singers have to stand at different levels of the stage to make it look full.

NEW ELEVATOR - Construction has started on a new elevator at the Mickey & Friends Parking Structure. It will be located right next to the elevator currently there. This second double elevator will be a great addition because the line for the elevator is always backed up. The Pixar Pal Parking Structure currently has 5 working elevators (two of which only go to the second floor that will have the pedestrian bridge. If you have a stroller and don't feel like waiting for the Mickey and Friends elevator just walk over to Pixar Pal Parking.

NEW CAVALCADE - the new cavalcade started and its.. there. The first car is the firetruck with 4 princesses on it. Ariel, Cinderella, Aurora, and Snow-white. Then it Mickey Minnie and the rest of the gang in their Mickey's 90th Birthday outfits followed by the Disneyland Band. Next in the parade is about 13 rare characters. All the characters do very simple choreography to songs like "You can fly', 'Remember Me', 'Splash Mountain Medley', and 'Prince Ali'. The last car has two villains, Cruella, and the Evil Queen. Every day the rare characters change. The day I went I was most excited to see Thumper.

MERCHANDISE:

KYBER CRYSTALS ARE BACK! - If you're like me, you want to get every crystal for your custom lightsaber. They finally restocked but they are behind the counter at Dok-Ondar's. People are figuring out how to check every single red kyber crystal tube see if there is a black crystal (shining a light behind the red tube to see if the crystal is darker than the others) they let you pick from 3 red Kyber crystal tubes and you can check for yourself. If you don't get it within those 3 you don't get to look anymore.

FOOD:

New Jack and Coke Freeze at Smoke Jumpers. You can mobile order it but you must present valid ID at pickup. $12.75 no discounts apply.

Has anybody had the jack and coke freeze at Smoke Jumpers yet? If so, you thoughts?
I saw a review video of the drink from Disney Duoo and they thought it was really strong and the slushy melted quickly in the heat. They said if you like your drinks strong, the slushy is the thing to get.

We saw the Mickey and Friends Band-Tastic Cavalcade a couple of times, it was fun, but nothing I'd waste any time lining up for. We came down main street yesterday and saw it heading up towards the castle. I think people have figured out it wasn't a big deal, as we could easily navigate down the side walks without any challenge at all. Seemed rather thrown together.

The entertainment right now makes me a little sad. I really enjoyed the lion king show. I saw it right when it began so I thankfully got to see the dancers with it. This past weekend I got a glimpse of the “parade”. It’s so small and just looks like random characters thrown together.

I wish Disneyland would do a parade like festival of fantasy at WDW. We weren’t overly impressed by the Cavalcade, but I have to say the characters at the end were interactive. Aladdin gave my girls a high five. That parade is fantastic. I miss the nighttime parades as well... excited for the temporary return of MSE next month.

I wish Disneyland would do a parade like festival of fantasy at WDW. We weren’t overly impressed by the Cavalcade, but I have to say the characters at the end were interactive. Aladdin gave my girls a high five. That parade is fantastic. I miss the nighttime parades as well... excited for the temporary return of MSE next month.

Yeah, but the cavalcade is temporary, right? Didn't they announce an all-new daytime parade for next year? I'm sure it will be impressive.

Yeah, but the cavalcade is temporary, right? Didn't they announce an all-new daytime parade for next year? I'm sure it will be impressive.

Did they???? I’m a Disneyland newbie so I’m trying to catch up on all things DL since we just moved to Southern California! Very excited for a new daytime parade!

Did they???? I’m a Disneyland newbie so I’m trying to catch up on all things DL since we just moved to Southern California! Very excited for a new daytime parade!

Looks like it's not 100% official, but strong rumors point to a parade titled "Magic Happens" debuting by Summer 2020. I expect D23 will shed some light on it.

Looks like it's not 100% official, but strong rumors point to a parade titled "Magic Happens" debuting by Summer 2020. I expect D23 will shed some light on it.
We talked to the designers of “Soundsational” on the last day it ran, and they’d been told the floats are being repurposed so this time was an official “closure” for that parade. So I think it’s fair to say the new parade is planned; we’ll just have to see if it survives the budget cuts!

Well, while I find the cavalcade very cute, but it wasn't that great. And it seems likely that D23 Expo may announce a new daytime parade for next year on August 25th. I hope I'm right.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!