Disneyland In-Park Weekly Updates

What would you like to know more about at Disneyland?

• Total voters

myohmymorgan

Earning My Ears
This is Morgan's In-Park Updates

I'm a Disneyland Annual Passholder and a DIS Unplugged Disneyland Correspondent. You may have seen me on the Disneyland show from time to time. I'll be posting my 'in the park' updates that I notice while I'm there.

EARTHQUAKES - Two earthquakes happened last week. One was on 4th of July morning and was a 6.4 earthquake. The other, July 5th, the magnitude of 7.1 earthquakes. All the rides are shut down so that a maintenance team can come in and quickly make sure all the rides are safe to continue operations. So it takes them about an hour to cover the whole park.

SPIDERMAN'S NEW SUIT - People are having mixed reviews about Spiderman's new suit based off of the newly released Spider-Man far from home movie. What makes it different is the colors are more vibrant, the eyes are more narrow and all the padding has come off from his legs, butt, chest, and biceps. All gone. What's cool about it the new suit is the additional belt, cuffs and 'tech design' of the suit. It definitely resembles more Tom Holland teenager spiderman compared to muscular spiderman. Also in the newspaper stand, the headline has changed. ' Avengers HQ Destroyed, where was the 'Hero' Spider-Man during battle?'

4TH OF JULY CROWDS - Tthe crowd level, on the 4th of July, wasn't bad at all. From arriving at the parking structure around 1 pm to getting into Disneyland wasn't any worse than a busy Saturday. Since the crowd levels have been so low, the crowds during the holiday didn't jump up by that much. We were able to get to do standby for Incredicoaster for 30mins. Galaxy's Edge was a walk-in when we went over there. And we got on Main street for the fireworks right in the dead center of the street. We did wait for about 45 mins because there was already a crowd forming. But we got a great spot.

If there is anything you would like me to cover specifically, please let me know

Yes, I've seen a few podcasts and enjoy your updates.

What I find most interesting is when something changes that would affect park strategy (especially morning strategy). Those little surprises that pop up and can cause a setback of a few critical minutes, if you know what I mean.

I guess this would fall under construction updates, but not always. Things like queue changes, MP/Fastpass changes, path closures, new traffic routing for shows, etc. And, how those impact crowd flows.

Congrats on the podcasts and thanks for your family's service. Good luck!

Yes! I will be more than happy to do that! I totally know what you mean. I always try to be the most efficient with my time. So I will let you know if I find anything and add it to my weekly report.

weekly updates are really appreciated from those like me who can only get to the parks once a year. Alot of things change in a year, so being able to keep track of changes in real time really helps with planning :)

Hi Morgan! Love you recent presence with the DIS! Thanks for offering to do these updates. We aren't visiting until Halloween so I'll be anxiously awaiting all of the Halloweentime updates in a few months. :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter