Disneyland in summer?

disneyanney

<font color=royalblue>"Happiness can be found, eve
Hi! We're trying to plan a Disneyland trip for next year, and it looks like we'll be stuck going over the summer. Is there a month that is generally less crowded from June-August?

I've only been there twice, and only once in summer, but I can't really account because it was the week before Carsland opened. But my thought is July will be worst because no one is in school in July, whereas in June and August some places are in school for part of the month.

This whole summer's gonna be insane because of the Diamond Celebration (the 60th anniversary) We've gone in August multiple times though, and I'd definitely say August is the best time to go, at least from my experience. Check the calendars on the website to see when the Southern California APs are blocked out and GO ON THOSE DAYS. I can't stress that enough. Last summer we went during August for ten days, and about halfway through our trip, SoCal passes opened up and the crowd levels went up dramatically, it was definitely a marked difference, so that DOES make a difference.

The thing about Disneyland is that it's very much a park for the locals, and so when the local passes are blocked, that's the best time to go. That's another reason why August is the best.

Not to brag or anything, but I am an extremely seasoned Disneyland vet, so if you need any sort of help planning, I'd be happy to give you my advice! Don't know if you've been before or not, but I'd love to help with strategy tips and stuff! (mainly 'cause I'm sooooo sad I probably won't be able to go again this summer...)

It's WAY less busy before June 20th, as that's the time Californians get out of school and that's the main visitors. Try to go before then if you can. Disneyland is awesome!

Thanks for your responses! We've been to Disneyland three times, but not for a while and never during the summer.

This whole summer's gonna be insane because of the Diamond Celebration (the 60th anniversary) We've gone in August multiple times though, and I'd definitely say August is the best time to go, at least from my experience. Check the calendars on the website to see when the Southern California APs are blocked out and GO ON THOSE DAYS. I can't stress that enough. Last summer we went during August for ten days, and about halfway through our trip, SoCal passes opened up and the crowd levels went up dramatically, it was definitely a marked difference, so that DOES make a difference.

The thing about Disneyland is that it's very much a park for the locals, and so when the local passes are blocked, that's the best time to go. That's another reason why August is the best.

Not to brag or anything, but I am an extremely seasoned Disneyland vet, so if you need any sort of help planning, I'd be happy to give you my advice! Don't know if you've been before or not, but I'd love to help with strategy tips and stuff! (mainly 'cause I'm sooooo sad I probably won't be able to go again this summer...)

I noticed that this year's AP block out dates don't really include June. Would you reccomend going before June 20th like Olivia suggested or still August?

I noticed that this year's AP block out dates don't really include June. Would you reccomend going before June 20th like Olivia suggested or still August?

I think either option would probably be good! I've never been in June, but I've been in late May and that wasn't too bad... I guess I'd still recommend August, just 'cause the blockout dates really do make a gigantic difference (since that excludes ALL SoCal passes, regardless of whether they're in school or not) Also, keep in mind the diamond celebration started on May 22 so going in August would mean it would be longer since that started and might make a difference? It'll be newer in June, so maybe busier? I don't speak from experience though, it's just conjecture. But I'm sure this summer will be pretty busy regardless of what time...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter