Disneyland or disneysea

Eleanor Richman

Earning My Ears
Not sure if anyone can help me here but worth a shot. My (by then) husband and I will be heading to tokoyo in Nov (for the rugby World Cup) and within our itinatrary we have one free day. We are thinking of going to Disneyland but unsure whether we should go to Disneyland or Disney sea.

Has anyone done both and can tell us which is better for adults (for the record I hate space mountain) bearing in mind we will be having our honeymoon in disneyworld just three months later?

Thanks

I would go to Disneysea.
It is such an amazingly unique park with attractions you can't experience anywhere else.

DisneySea is better for adults. The rides are more thrilling. It has wonderful restaurants, particularly Magellan’s. The theming is unparalleled. And they have alcohol.

I've never been to Toyko DL (sadly :() but based on the research I've done, I'd go to DisneySea. There's no theme park like it. I'd die to go.

DisneySea 100%

Tokyo Disneyland is very nice but it's also quite similar to most of the other castle parks. DisneySea however is in a league of its own

DisneySea, no question. Although it's presented with a little extra polish in terms of maintenance, etc. you could do almost everything in Disneyland in the states. Almost everything at DisneySea is unique and themed beyond compare.

I've never been to either but I would pick DisneySea. It is the number one thing on my bucket list. I watch walk through and on ride videos of DisneySea all the time and dream of visiting. Journey to the Center of the Earth looks amazing, along with their version of TOT and Sinbad. DisneySea is also commonly rated at the best single theme park in the world by theme park blogs and magazines.

I haven't been - possibly going in September. Definitely Disney Sea. Disneyland is very much a copy of WDW MK. Disney Sea looks so unique - can't wait to experience it myself.

My daughter attends SCAD and they have a campus in Hong Kong, so being the good parent I am going over with her beforehand and we are going to go to Hong Kong Disney and take a trip to Toyko to do both parks....we are seasoned Disney Parker's and Gold Castaway Members, but looking at Toyko has overwhelmed me...we are staying there 4 days..any recommendations would be greatly appreciated...I have reservations at Celebration and Sheraton Bay...is one closer than the other? Are their FP like ours or are they paper? 1 day at Disneyland and 2 at DisneySea? Help please.

My daughter attends SCAD and they have a campus in Hong Kong, so being the good parent I am going over with her beforehand and we are going to go to Hong Kong Disney and take a trip to Toyko to do both parks....we are seasoned Disney Parker's and Gold Castaway Members, but looking at Toyko has overwhelmed me...we are staying there 4 days..any recommendations would be greatly appreciated...I have reservations at Celebration and Sheraton Bay...is one closer than the other? Are their FP like ours or are they paper? 1 day at Disneyland and 2 at DisneySea? Help please.

The Sheraton is closer since its along the monorail loop at Bayside Station between Disneyland and DisneySea. Celebration is not in the TDR area so you take the hotel shuttle to get to the parks. If you're doing 3 days, you'll have at least 1 park hopping day so you can decide what you want to do then. The FP system is expected to change next month but they will still have paper FP. The new system will allow fastpasses to be pulled digitally and then printed later from the machine. I'm expecting it to be like Shanghai except you have the extra step of printing the FP rather than scanning park tickets at the FP entrance and there's no news yet if the two parks will be added to the same FP network.

The Sheraton is closer since its along the monorail loop at Bayside Station between Disneyland and DisneySea. Celebration is not in the TDR area so you take the hotel shuttle to get to the parks. If you're doing 3 days, you'll have at least 1 park hopping day so you can decide what you want to do then. The FP system is expected to change next month but they will still have paper FP. The new system will allow fastpasses to be pulled digitally and then printed later from the machine. I'm expecting it to be like Shanghai except you have the extra step of printing the FP rather than scanning park tickets at the FP entrance and there's no news yet if the two parks will be added to the same FP network.
So will the FP work off an app like we use here and then print them, or would I be safer to just book a package and have guaranteed FP's? Also, when you book a package if you stay more than 2 nights you have to book a separate package...I just want to go to the park 3 days....the way our flight gets in from Hong Kong I will be arriving late at night...so I will need an extra night (4) but not four days...

So will the FP work off an app like we use here and then print them, or would I be safer to just book a package and have guaranteed FP's? Also, when you book a package if you stay more than 2 nights you have to book a separate package...I just want to go to the park 3 days....the way our flight gets in from Hong Kong I will be arriving late at night...so I will need an extra night (4) but not four days...

I would say DisneySea for the reasons already given in the thread. Only thing to keep in mind is that there are only 3 or 4 really outstanding rides in DisneySea and because of having so few top rides, the lines can get very long. So you will need to utilize FP as best you can to deal with that. If your main purpose is to experience something new and soak in the ambiance, DisneySea is the clear choice. If your objective is to go commando on rides, Disneyland is the choice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!