Disneyland or Hollywood Hotel?

mimmi

DIS Veteran
We decided to spend a night at a Disney hotel and now I can't decide which one.
On the one hand Disneyland Hotel looks nice with the Princess make over and the character breakfast, on the other hand I like the idea of meeting characters at the pool at the Hollywood hotel.
Is one of them nearer to the park?

I've not stayed at either, but I've visited both.

The HK Disneyland Hotel is the hotel nearest the park. It is a few minutes' walk away. Alternatively I think they run a shuttle bus, but I don't think that helps too much as the bus station is still a few minutes walk away from the entrance.

The Hollywood Hotel is further away. If you're walking then you have to pass the Disneyland Hotel on the way to the park, and the walk is a couple of minutes longer. Personally I would have no problem walking. Both hotels are convenient, but the Disneyland Hotel is closest.

The Disneyland Hotel is right on the water, whereas the Hollywood Hotel is set back from the water (separated by the pool and gardens). If you're going for a sea view, the Disneyland Hotel probably has the better views.

Personally, I thought both hotels looked great, and would happily stay in either of them. For me, the Disneyland Hotel was definitely more classy (perhaps a little stuffy), whereas the Hollywood Hotel was more fun and relaxed. Based on my visits I decided that when I return I'd probably opt for the Hollywood Hotel.

However, since I've not stayed overnight, I cannot comment on the rooms.

We stayed at the Hollywood hotel for two nights back in 2007. It was very nice but i can't make comparisons with the Disneyland hotel since we never went there... not even to visit. We chose it because it was cheaper. LOL

I would stay there again in a heartbeat. One day, Donald was roaming around the lobby so we got some nice photos with him.

We never really waited for the bus for very long. It was always there to pick us up!

I don't think you'll go wrong with either.

We stayed at the Disneyland hotel and there was a kids play area in one of the rooms downstairs and a couple of times during the day 3 princesses were in the lobby to take pictures with.

Our 3yo at the time loved it.

We've stayed at both hotels. Disneyland hotel is definitely nicer as far as the rooms and decor go, (and thus more expensive), but Hollywood Hotel was very nice, too. The service was wonderful. They both had fun things to do on their properties. Even if you stay at Hollywood Hotel, you can still ride the bus to the Disneyland Hotel and do the princess thing, and we did get pictures with Goofy in the lobby of Hollywood Hotel. The shuttle bus goes in a loop from the park and to each hotel, then back to the park, and is very convenient. We loved staying at both hotels, so you can't really go wrong with either one.

I have to say, though, we much preferred the buffet at Disneyland Hotel (I think it's the Enchanted Garden or something like that) to Chef Mickey at Hollywood hotel.

If you're there with your family and kids, and you'll have to choose for one, I suggest that go for the Disneyland Hotel. It's a nice place to visit and stay with you're kids. All will enjoy and have fun.

We decided to spend a night at a Disney hotel and now I can't decide which one.
On the one hand Disneyland Hotel looks nice with the Princess make over and the character breakfast, on the other hand I like the idea of meeting characters at the pool at the Hollywood hotel.
Is one of them nearer to the park?

If you'll ask me, i would want to choose the disney hotel as I want to see disney characters in real life..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!