Disneyland Paris expansion!

This looks massive. It's basically the Paris version of DCA and DHS rebuilds. There will be very little left of the park as it currently is.

I expect disruption to be massive once they start.

This is so exciting. This park needs this desperately!!!! World of Color fountains are in the artwork on the lake... look closely. A parade of sorts is just the right of that. Also looks like this Frozen mountain might become the icon of the park with how they've lined it up coming out of the main entrance down that new long walkway to the lake. If done right this looks like it has potential to be better than DHS!

I wonder what the green areas beyond Ratatouille are? They look like they have pathways but no attractions?

This looks massive. It's basically the Paris version of DCA and DHS rebuilds. There will be very little left of the park as it currently is.

But really bigger to be honest.

WDSP already has and is keeping:
ToT
RaT
Crush Coaster
RnRC - Marvel Coaster

As headliner attractions which imo is equal to or slightly better than what DHS currently has with -

TOT
RcRC
TSMM
ST

I think, based on the art, DHS will have the larger Star Wars land with two attractions as will it have a much larger and better Toy Story land. That lake, lake show, frozen land and new marvel land might give Paris the edge for once. The other major issue is the layout and cheapness of WDSP... Looks like many of that will be addressed.

I’d be surprised if they went with only the falcon since that is supposed to be the “lesser” of the two. The battle ride is the end all be all.

From the concept are it looks like less of the forest area and only the town area (for lack of better terms) - maybe they have both rides but less "other stuff" (the shops and restaurants, etc.)

Any word on how much will be closed this summer? Wife and I are going to visit my best man in England and wanted to take a day trip to the two Paris parks. We'll be there early August.

Any word on how much will be closed this summer? Wife and I are going to visit my best man in England and wanted to take a day trip to the two Paris parks. We'll be there early August.

Nothing official that I'm aware of but I would guess only RnRc closed this year.

There's very little worthwhile in that park as it currently is, to be honest. Crush's Coaster and Ratatouille are unaffected, those were the main draws. For Frozen and Star Wars it looks like they're just losing their Backlot Tour, which was kind of sad anyway.

There's very little worthwhile in that park as it currently is, to be honest. Crush's Coaster and Ratatouille are unaffected, those were the main draws. For Frozen and Star Wars it looks like they're just losing their Backlot Tour, which was kind of sad anyway.

That's a little harsh, ToT and RnR are both awesome rides currently. I hope the reimagined RnR is as good.

The backlot tour is a funny one. I still like it even if it really is just a pathetic copy of universals Hollywood tour without the real backlot and without the built in attractions.

ToT is also unaffected. RnR in Paris is not as good as at DHS, so the Marvel change there is exciting.

I'd agree RnRc isn't as good.. who was it the other day arguing that it was far superior? The ride is the same, but the story is way jacked up. Filming some music video or some crap??? What??

Says building starts in 2021 so you can tell that it’s starting once everything is done in WDW so they aren’t overspending. Studios Park really needs this and what they are doing makes sense as Disneyland Park is actually fine. It’s getting a lot of minor updates and refurbs which is fine.

Wouldn’t surprise me in Star Tours ends up staying in Disneyland Park though.

The Paris Galaxies Edge certainly looks like it could be smaller. Really hope it’s unique and not a copy to add more story

I looked at going to DLP not too long ago. I was actually shocked how affordable it was to stay onsite with tickets. Now getting there is was a different story..

Says building starts in 2021 so you can tell that it’s starting once everything is done in WDW so they aren’t overspending.
It will be interesting to see how much they try and get done before the Olympics in Paris in 2024.....

The big plus for this is while it is a massive undertaking, the impact on the park currently should be pretty minimal. The area becoming Marvel will have to close down a bit for transition to it's new look but otherwise everything is remaining fairly untouched. These new additions are primarily going into currently undeveloped areas or sections that were part of the backlot tour that will be gone. So really the only big loss during construction will be RnRC closed while they transition the theming to Iron Man but that should be pretty minimal so it isn't a completely new build. I'd guess around 5 months, similar to ToT to Mission Breakout at DCA.

I'm very glad the ugliest Disneypark worldwide, built with a way too low budget, just to fulfill contractual obligations to build a second park at DLP, is going to get the fix it so desperately needs. I understand why the marvel area won't be that massive as marvel isn't as big of a deal in Europe as it is in the US.

After the Studios upgrade the main park will need some adition(s) too though, as the last attraction that wasn't a refurb is more than ten years ago (even Tony Baxter said so earlier this year). The last attraction that didn't replace another was Space Mountain in 1995! (all while other parks in Europe are all heavily investing).

Once the new Star Wars area is open at the Studios, they can convert Star Tours into something more fitting for Discoveryland. They could also move Buzz to near Toy Story land, and create a new Discoveryland attraction where it is now.

Once the new Star Wars area is open at the Studios, they can convert Star Tours into something more fitting for Discoveryland. They could also move Buzz to near Toy Story land, and create a new Discoveryland attraction where it is now.

I don't think Disney would move the Buzz ride to Walt Disney Studios park. It would cost money to move it and the buzz ride wouldn't fit in TSL because it's based off the buzz lightyear tv show not toy story.

I think we will see Buzz convert to other attractions over time. HKDL is losing theirs to Antman. WDW needs a serious rebuild. Disneyland's is not much better. I've been on Paris Buzz probably 5 times or so.. I don't honestly even remember it. While I'm not a super fan of Midway Mania, TSMM is far more popular and a better, current, attraction. I wouldn't be surprised to see them eventually build TSMM everywhere. A recent rumor for Shanghai suggests that TSMM will be added to Toy Story land starting as soon as 2019.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter