Disneyland Paris Half Marathon Weekend 2018

One thing that was annoying was that the sound system at the stage was hardly working. They had Megara with Pain & Panic, but I hardly heard what was going on. Missed the learning up completely (lack of space)

Also... Megara isnt a very energetic character. Instead of getting everyone in the mood she was more about standing there, looking pretty, smirking and some mild flirting.

I don’t have any race to compare it to, but the kids event seemed slightly chaotic. In the end, both my kids seemed to have fun but I felt like they let too many people register. It was a lot of standing around in mobs.
Stitch was waiting halfway down the lane on both the 100m and 200m races, though, which was fun. And at the finish line was the 3 eyed alien from the film. (My LILO and Stitch film knowledge is not that strong.)

Really hoping the wind isn’t too bad for tomorrow’s race! I wasn’t expecting it to be this cool.

Corral A also got off to an awkward start like all the other corrals. Too many non-runners randomly assigned, gumming things up, along with those stopping just after the start to take a selfie in the middle of the lane, and the bands of broad-beamed people in tutus walking three or four abreast. But, at least it cleared out after the first mile as they got left behind to aggravate the following corrals.

They did enforce corral assignments. Access was controlled through a single point, and I watched them turn away many who were trying to slip forward.

The course was beautiful. Unlike WDW, the whole park was fully lit up and there were many cast members in full regalia enthusiastically cheering everybody on.

It was nice that they let us into the event tent to get out of the wind and use the restrooms. For those who are running tomorrow but missed today, don’t be shocked by the restroom etiquette where many ladies use the men’s room to avoid the longer line at the ladies’ room. Just a very French tradition.

For those who are running tomorrow but missed today, don’t be shocked by the restroom etiquette where many ladies use the men’s room to avoid the longer line at the ladies’ room. Just a very French tradition.

Not just French, also Dutch(/European), you should come to the theater in the Netherlands during intermission :ssst:

I do this all the time when the ladies room is very crowded, just making sure not making any kind of eye contact ;)

Not just French, also Dutch(/European), you should come to the theater in the Netherlands during intermission :ssst:

I do this all the time when the ladies room is very crowded, just making sure not making any kind of eye contact ;)
I lived in Europe (Belgium, Germany, Hungary, Bosnia, Albania) for twelve years during my Army days, so am quite familiar with the custom and not a bit shocked or offended (and have spent many days on the beaches and in the saunas of the Benelux). Unfortunately, many of my countrymen who have not spent much time in Europe will be appalled and needed to be warned. They have so much to learn....

I was telling my best friend about the pasta party being disorganized and that they kept having issues refilling the pasta (it’s in the name, guys, c’mon). He said it sounded “so mismanaged.” I told him I thought that was the official Disneyland Paris motto.

Last edited:

Everyone manage to finish okay with the slick course?

Had a slip coming out of the castle, and a bad ankle twist in that cobblestone grassy area.

Congrats to all the runners this weekend! Enjoy those giant shiny medals!

I’m seriously impressed by these medals. I think they’re my favorite of the runDisney race medals I have, especially the 36k.

I hit shuffle on my phone when I got back to the room and first song to play was Brenda Holloway’s “Every Little Bit Hurts.” Funny, universe. Funny. :crutches:

It’s great we all finished despite the aggravations of the last several days. Congratulations to all. I finished about 10 minutes slower than my average, but am happy enough given the humidity and the crowded conditions.

This was my 11th, and I think final, rundisney event, unless they come up with a new really great idea that I just can’t pass up. They’ve gotten too expensive and too big for my tastes.

Next stops are the Wicked 10k in Virginia Beach in October, the Space Coast half at Cocoa Beach in November, and the Christmas Story House 10k in Cleveland in December.

My worst half marathon ever, but considering surgery and sickness I'll take it...i was in So much pain. I wish they started it on time and it wasn't so humid... But the cool breezes helped immensely
Yeah - I began to get a bit irritated standing there in the rain waiting for the really creepy guys to finish their really strange dance.

Finished, probably not my best time (I haven't received my official time yet - have you? I think I got a text or an email last year) but I finished. Didn't stop for character pictures, even though Flotsam and Jetsam were all kinds of awesome. I should have trained better, my legs were killing me.

On the off chance that he reads this message - random English stranger with a Spiderman costume who saved my life by cheering me up three different times (!!!!) when I was walking and who handed me his granola bar, you're a HERO and you deserve your costume. I have a boyfriend but you scored serious points today. SERIOUS. POINTS. :love2:

The medal is beautiful.

I broke my record last year by 6 minutes. Which I was happy with. But a bit sad that I skipped characters. Seriously hesitated when it was Hades, Pain & Panic, but the line was at least 30-45 minutes.

And I wasn't feeling it. Around 8-9k I thought about walking for the rest of the course, nauseous, the rain and wind didn't help in the open fields. Was able to pick it up after 11k. Finished at 2.25.56

Characters I saw:
Gaston, Hades/Pain/Panic, Dr. Facilier, Shen Yu, Maleficent, Parade Dragon/goons, Evil Queen, Darth Vader, and the eels again.

Everyone manage to finish okay with the slick course?

Had a slip coming out of the castle, and a bad ankle twist in that cobblestone grassy area.

The grass was annoying and I had to be careful in the grottos.

My only explanation is that they skipped some of it. There was a loop at some point and I imagine it'd be easy to just jump to the other side and pretend you ran the entire thing. Your chip would know if you'd skipped any 'chip checking points' if that makes sense.

... Megara isnt a very energetic character. Instead of getting everyone in the mood she was more about standing there, looking pretty, smirking and some mild flirting.

I totally agree. And they could have replaced the not-that-much-of-a-villain Hercules with Kronk. Even if he hadn‘t been able to talk because of the mask - Hercules didn‘t say more than „We must have the same tailor!“ and „Keep warm!“ every couple of minutes so that wouldn‘t have made much of a difference.

My worst half marathon ever, but considering surgery and sickness I'll take it...i was in So much pain. I wish they started it on time and it wasn't so humid... But the cool breezes helped immensely

Congratulations on finishing! The distance just seems sooooo much longer when you‘re in pain.

So we did the 41k challenge, right? 36k in races and another 5k to pick up challenge medals!!!! Lol... Sigh, ouch.

I‘m still kind of undecided about the additional 5k to get the extra medals. I wasn‘t expecting that (note to self: Next time, read the flyers!) so my legs weren‘t in walking mode anymore. And I don‘t really get the point, I never felt that the WDW way of handing them out was too chaotic or messy. On the other hand, I had to stand in line to get my 5k and 10k medals, so having them in an extra tent might actually have been a good idea...

I‘m still kind of undecided about the additional 5k to get the extra medals. I wasn‘t expecting that (note to self: Next time, read the flyers!) so my legs weren‘t in walking mode anymore. And I don‘t really get the point, I never felt that the WDW way of handing them out was too chaotic or messy. On the other hand, I had to stand in line to get my 5k and 10k medals, so having them in an extra tent might actually have been a good idea...

I think they did it differently this year due to Marvel show in the theater at the finish. Last year the waiting area of the theater was to pick up the challenge medals. But last year the theater was empty. Maybe it took really long last year to clear the area?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter