Disneyland Paris Half Marathon Weekend 2018

Besides the bad weather during the half and the issues with the corrals, I had a good time. We took things really slow after the runs. We had plans for the parade and the fireworks yesterday, but both not feeling well (I have a major cold and a sore throat now) we decided to stay in the hotel for dinner and then get back to the room.

Really happy with going with the Golden Forest Rooms in Sequioa Lodge. The size of the room was nice and the lounge was a real perk. We didn't use the FP we got with the room (We are awful ;-) ) But we were just too tired for the parks and rides. As we are AP holders, we will be back anyway.

The view was... interesting: (Room 5182)
2ykdwkn.jpg

This morning, we met some characters, my friend then left by car back to Brussels, while my train/flight to Amsterdam wasn't till 12:31 (plus a ten minutes delay) I just walked around the park, taking pictures, trying to figure out the manual settings on my camera. Rode Pirates, walked through Alice' labyrinth and shot some aliens on Buzz.

I decided to get a sandwich at the Earl of Sandwich in the Village, walk back pick up my bag and then relax for a few minutes in the Disneyland Hotel lobby.

That plan was going well, till I saw the queue for the baggage drop off! I have never seen the line this long... I guess it was at least 1 hour long. I had a train to catch, so I ran to the front to see if they could hand me back my bag without waiting. Luckily they were very easygoing :) (and they probably needed the space)

24xdtnk.jpg

Besides the bad weather during the half and the issues with the corrals, I had a good time. We took things really slow after the runs. We had plans for the parade and the fireworks yesterday, but both not feeling well (I have a major cold and a sore throat now) we decided to stay in the hotel for dinner and then get back to the room.

Really happy with going with the Golden Forest Rooms in Sequioa Lodge. The size of the room was nice and the lounge was a real perk. We didn't use the FP we got with the room (We are awful ;-) ) But we were just too tired for the parks and rides. As we are AP holders, we will be back anyway.

The view was... interesting: (Room 5182)
2ykdwkn.jpg

This morning, we met some characters, my friend then left by car back to Brussels, while my train/flight to Amsterdam wasn't till 12:31 (plus a ten minutes delay) I just walked around the park, taking pictures, trying to figure out the manual settings on my camera. Rode Pirates, walked through Alice' labyrinth and shot some aliens on Buzz.

I decided to get a sandwich at the Earl of Sandwich in the Village, walk back pick up my bag and then relax for a few minutes in the Disneyland Hotel lobby.

That plan was going well, till I saw the queue for the baggage drop off! I have never seen the line this long... I guess it was at least 1 hour long. I had a train to catch, so I ran to the front to see if they could hand me back my bag without waiting. Luckily they were very easygoing :) (and they probably needed the space)
Based on the 4 chalk outlines of human bodies in the walkways it looks like it was the scene of some kind of disney massacre.

Had anybody been able to link their photopass to their account?

At the moment all I am getting is that neither of my two bib numbers are recognized.

Just tried ours and are getting the same message.

Had the same issue last night. Emailed them and today received a request for my bib number and PhotoPass number. Sent those off just before boarding the plane at 11 and have received no response.

Where exactly do you go to find your photo pass photos, I can't seem to find any sort of link at all?!!! Also if you do the challenge, do we get our results from all 3 of the races, I know I got a PB from the 10K but my Garmin played up a little and I'd like to see what the official time was? Thanks in advance xx

There is only an official time for the 21k.
The run photo's are on www.run.disneyphotopass.eu (website is on the pass)

Thank you, another silly question sorry but I've found all my photos, gone through checkout to download them all but how do you actually download them, it's just given me a receipt saying no payment required as I pre-paid for the photo pass but no link or anything to actually download the pics, thanks again in advance!! xx

Gutted there is no official time for the 10K!!

Edited - I've found it, well I think I have!!!

Ok, guess I was one of the lucky ones, who gave them a HM time of 2:10h and found myself in Corral A!

I understand most of the complaining, I started the 5K in "row 3", the 10k in a little more back, like "row 10" and the Half again around "row 3". So I had very less people in front of me! Even than, I got issues on the first meters with people suddenly stopping for taking pictures. Or people walking more than two abreast. I just felt like I was the only one there reading that damn eventguide!

As I read all the complaining of the faster runners and felt a little bit "guilty" being in Corral A, I even tried to run on the right. Guess what, some of those superfast runners just overtake on the right. There were really not much space on the right, he jumped between me and the barrier, made me nearly fall in my Buzz costume. I was so upset, that I gave him a good push into his back. I never did this before, but what are those people thinking?

This was my third year doing runDisney France and I cannot understand, why they do not learn out of their mistakes. And even if they did, they make new mistakes, like that Corral Lottery.

We always stay offsite and are AP Holders. Normally parking is included, this year they try to charge you for parking, no matter AP holder or not.

Good things!
One thing I really like is, that they always change the course through the parks! There is always something new and in this years HM, running Main Street up and down was so great!
The Castmembers doing a great job in cheering you on, that was fun too.

Runningwise I am ok with my runs. Running for the first time in costumes was a new expierence, but worth it. The HM was hard for, because of the weather. But finally I managed to run that damn uphill stretch after the small lake complettly. After seeing the 13K Marker I always had a "You are in my world now!" in mind. That was so evil :-D

E04EEF8A-94B4-4A76-9BF8-E5B577A7DD3E.jpeg 1F46940C-567F-4A69-8054-40FF36FD59AD.jpeg DDB93A38-9496-4234-970E-9B8465D3D945.jpeg A2E2C612-617B-42EE-AC8E-9827D49BC9DC.jpeg

Hey, 2018 runners of this 5K: I just read in the event guide that there's a 15-minute per mile pace minimum. Do they strictly enforce this for the untimed 5K?

apparently you are supposed to get an e-mail with a link at some point... I ordered my pictures at least 6 hours ago and still no link... But now you pictures shouldn't have a watermark anybody, so at least you can download low quality pictures

I can't believe how many issues I'm having, is it just me??!! I've got to the point where it says "click here to get my photos", click on that and I'm getting the wheel of death saying download in preparation.....and nothing!!!! Please help, what am I doing wrong

Hey, 2018 runners of this 5K: I just read in the event guide that there's a 15-minute per mile pace minimum. Do they strictly enforce this for the untimed 5K?

Highly doubtful to nope. I was passing massive lines for characters during both races. No idea if they reached a point in closing character lines to keep people moving, but I know for the 5k there was a character stop not long before the finish line.

I would be surprised, of course at some point the park had to be cleared and they had to re-do everything for the 10k the next day. But a friend of mine had queued 3x 30 minutes for characters during the 5k, so I guess they are not very strict.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter