Disneyland Paris Half Marathon Weekend 2018

We're down for the 36k Challenge as well.... Currently says only 76 bibs are left for the 36k!

36k challenge sold out just now.

Interesting that it was cheaper to book the bibs as part of a hotel package than on the website. ($189 USD vs ~$242 USD for the 36k challenge)

Yep-now the 36K and 5K show sold out--that was quick (by the time the link started working). Bummed it cost more to book a bib only. We're using DVC points, so we didn't book a package.

sheesh....how many 36k bibs did they have? kind of glad i went with the TA for mine, though i dont have my links yet, because i would be freaking out at the rate they sold out. as a test i did add it to my cart so i likely would have gotten it.

Well I did the thing and I'm in for the 31K. Kind of sad that the 36K was sold out by the time I registered, but I suppose it's for the best because there is no guarantee that I'll make it to Paris by that Friday.

They said they'll have more 36k, 5k & kids bibs August 21. Wonder if you could upgrade your 31k to a 36k then?

31k only has 2 bibs left as I type...or wait Now OUT OF STOCK on 31k as well.
And they'll have more 31k bibs August 21 as well.

I would think that speaks more to locals as wouldn't you kind of want your bib now if coming from the states instead of holding out hope to get one that close.

Last edited:
For anyone who was there last year, I have questions about the race shirts. Realizing that European sizes are different from US sizes, if you live in the US, what size do you normally wear and what did you request? How did it hold up after repeated washings?

If anyone still has the shirts, and you are willing to measure, what are the shoulder seam to base of shirt and left to right measurements?

Looks like the Men's large is 22" from Armpit to Armpit and 29" from the shoulder seam to the bottom hem (taken from the shoulder point, where the seam meets the sleeve).

I found my girlfriend's shirt before I found mine and was surprised to see she had to go all the way up to an XL to keep it from being tight on her. I think that is 2 sizes up from the size she originally registered for. I had to go up from a Medium to the Large. I can't decide if I want them to stick to the same sizing again this year or not. On one hand, I know to order the Large now, but if they adjust their sizes, I'll be at the Shirt Exchange looking for a smaller shirt :)

Looks like the Men's large is 22" from Armpit to Armpit and 29" from the shoulder seam to the bottom hem (taken from the shoulder point, where the seam meets the sleeve).

I found my girlfriend's shirt before I found mine and was surprised to see she had to go all the way up to an XL to keep it from being tight on her. I think that is 2 sizes up from the size she originally registered for. I had to go up from a Medium to the Large. I can't decide if I want them to stick to the same sizing again this year or not. On one hand, I know to order the Large now, but if they adjust their sizes, I'll be at the Shirt Exchange looking for a smaller shirt :)
my goal is to make it into the european Large by the time i get there....currently it is a usa Large

A 10k in 3" heels?! You're a cruel person.

Now that you mention it, since Disney is changing everything to Intellectual Property they own instead of developing new ideas and content, I could live with one of the Innoventions being converted to X-Files. Old 90s cellphones, computers and a booth which kids can go in to hear what the dial-up Internet sounded like. Everyone needs a bit of horror in their vacation.
Great idea. Fits in with the current theme of “Visit EPCOT and see what life will be like in the 1980s”

Wonder why most of the BIBs were sold out so fast? Here are how many BIBs were on Sale yesterday. Someone on FB found those numbers on the Website in the fineprint ;)

1075 Standalone 36K Challenge Bibs
595 Standalone 31K Challenge Bibs
3750 Standalone Half Marathon (21K)Bibs
2640 Standalone 10k Bibs
1270 Standalone 5k Bibs
590 Kids Race Bibs

Wonder why most of the BIBs were sold out so fast? Here are how many BIBs were on Sale yesterday. Someone on FB found those numbers on the Website in the fineprint ;)

1075 Standalone 36K Challenge Bibs
595 Standalone 31K Challenge Bibs
3750 Standalone Half Marathon (21K)Bibs
2640 Standalone 10k Bibs
1270 Standalone 5k Bibs
590 Kids Race Bibs

I’d imagine many locals bought those up real quick.

The 10k is sold out now. Just like with the other sold out more 10k bibs August 21.

Last edited:
I'm super glad I just got these through the TA. The room rates, aren't terrible depending on which location you pick. Plus 108 for a two day/two park ticket isn't bad. You can for sure stay at cheaper hotels one stop off the RER but I'm not sure its worth it when you can literally walk out of your hotel to the starting line just like RD in Cali.

I'm super glad I just got these through the TA. The room rates, aren't terrible depending on which location you pick. Plus 108 for a two day/two park ticket isn't bad. You can for sure stay at cheaper hotels one stop off the RER but I'm not sure its worth it when you can literally walk out of your hotel to the starting line just like RD in Cali.
When did you book? Did you get a 36k bib or which bib(s)? Get Travel was out of most I saw when helping a friend look last week, which travel agent did you use then since they are the only US ones, directly through Paris Disney? I'm not running but Just curious as If I ever did it I think I would do a package for sure.

Last edited:
When did you book? Did you get a 36k bib or which bib(s)? Get Travel was out of most I saw when helping a friend look last week, which travel agent did you use then since they are the only US ones, directly through Paris Disney? I'm not running but Just curious as If I ever did it I think I would do a package for sure.

I booked a little over a week ago with GetSports.... their rates were better than direct with Disney. I'm signed up for 36k

I booked a little over a week ago with GetSports.... their rates were better than direct with Disney. I'm signed up for 36k
Thanks! I looked end of last week Friday, so maybe not much after they sold out then. Good to know!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter