Disneyland Paris Half Marathon Weekend 2018

Most of the design for our costumes are done, now just the implementation. Had a hard theme sticking to the theming as the half costumes were decided and purchased months before the theme was announced and the 5k we have a group of 8, none of which are fans of Marvel.

So we’re:

group of 8 Toy Story aliens for the 5k
10k Captain Hook and Mr. Smee
half Rapunzel and Flynn Rider

Last edited:
The last runDisney event I did was the Inaugural Infinity Gauntlet Challenge during Avengers Super Hero half marathon weekend and my wife made me an Olaf costume - I plan on probably wearing that for the DLP 5K on Friday night. Then she is going to make me a Sully Sullivan hat and shirt to wear for the 10K and Half Marathon

Current plan for me and my best mate:

Anna and Elsa for 5k (re-using our outfits from the 10k last year)
Iago and Lucifer for 10k (the only one we are matching the theme for)
Villager Belle and Briar Rose for the half (hoping for our corresponding villans are out somewhere)

Does anyone have a line on where I might still be able to find a bib for the 36k challenge? I know it’s sold out on the official site and from the US travel provider. I looked into running with a charity, but the fundraising requirement is really high and I don’t know that I would be able to meet it.

Does anyone have a line on where I might still be able to find a bib for the 36k challenge? I know it’s sold out on the official site and from the US travel provider. I looked into running with a charity, but the fundraising requirement is really high and I don’t know that I would be able to meet it.

The website indicates that travel providers, as well as DLP (if you book your stay at the same time) have bibs. Since the US travel provider does not have any, it is possible the website is out of date and booking a package is also no longer possible. Depending on your hotel situation it might be worth a call.

If they still have bibs available with room purchase that will be your best bet. The bib only purchase website does say that "a limited quota of bibs will be available on August 21st 2018". I expect those will go like lightning when they're actually made available for purchase.

The website indicates that travel providers, as well as DLP (if you book your stay at the same time) have bibs. Since the US travel provider does not have any, it is possible the website is out of date and booking a package is also no longer possible. Depending on your hotel situation it might be worth a call.

Thanks! I didn't realize there were hotel/bib packages directly from DLP. I'll definitely check that out since I'd need a hotel anyway.

If they still have bibs available with room purchase that will be your best bet. The bib only purchase website does say that "a limited quota of bibs will be available on August 21st 2018". I expect those will go like lightning when they're actually made available for purchase.

Thanks! I'll make sure to keep an eye out on the 21st if I'm not able to find a package before that.

Does anyone know if you need to bring the medical certificate with you to Paris or does the online submission of the certificate suffice?

Does anyone know if you need to bring the medical certificate with you to Paris or does the online submission of the certificate suffice?

IMO online submission, and their acceptance, of the form is supposed to eliminate the need to bring it with. However, being the paranoid person I am it is with the paperwork I am bringing for that part of the trip. Just in case.

I did the race two years ago and did not need the medical certificate when I picked up my bib. Which was good, because I left it in my hotel room along with the waiver (although they did have stations there to print them out).

When did the courses come out last year? I've been looking at the two previous events to see what the course looks like. Getting excited!

When did the courses come out last year? I've been looking at the two previous events to see what the course looks like. Getting excited!

My memory is foggy, but I'm pretty sure last year the official course wasn't posted until pretty close to the race, however someone posted a mock up of the course that turned out to be correct. It looked like someone involved in the planning had done it, because it had the km markers and I think even the refreshment stations were done in a markup on a map.

I think the official program with the courses and our bib assignments came out about a week to ten days before... I just remember that we were already in France (we came a week or so early to roam Paris) and I was worried about not being able to print my voucher (needlessly, they had printers at the expo entrance).

Everything seems to feel a few weeks behind last year, but it could just be the excitement and anticipation buildup jacking with my memory... I do feel like we had seen the shirt designs by this time last year.

Does anyone know where you go to get your Castle to Chateau medal, they've accepted the certificate from Dopey this year but do we go to a separate stand at the Expo or something? TIA

Does anyone know where you go to get your Castle to Chateau medal, they've accepted the certificate from Dopey this year but do we go to a separate stand at the Expo or something? TIA
Last year you got a braclet at the expo and after the HM you got the C2C Medal after you crossed the finish line.

Last year you got a braclet at the expo and after the HM you got the C2C Medal after you crossed the finish line.

@DerTobi75 if you did a challenge last year did they also give out bracelets for those, or did runDisney figure out how to incorporate everything onto one? Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter