Disneyland Paris InsideEars Media Event News!

rteetz

DIS Veteran
Disneyland Paris is having a major media event today talking about all of its upcoming projects and more.

1. The Mark Twain Riverboat will be refurbished and return after years of neglect in 2020.
2. The MagicPass will replace all the coupons at Check In at the hotels.
3. Mickey's Philharmagic is coming to the Discoveryland Theater at Disneyland Paris.
4. The Tower of Terror will have a facade refurbishment.
5. Ratatouille will be closing for a refurbishment due to a construction issue with the floor.
6. Starbucks is not coming to the Disneyland Paris Main Street Bakery.
7. In Park Wifi will be added next year!
8. Magicbands are not coming to Disneyland Paris but the MagicPass card will act as more of a Key to the World type card.
9. The Disneyland Paris hotel will begin a major renovation in 2020.
10. More thematically appropriate foods will be added to restaurants.
11. Counter services will be reworked.
12. There will be seasonal products similar to the US parks.
13. Colonel Hathi's will be completely transformed.
14. Rendez vous Gourmand is coming back from July 27th with 6 new chalets.
15. A new structure will be set up where Pizza Planet sits as a new special event venue.
16. A preorder resrervation system will be tested at Restaurant en Coisse this Summer.
17. The Marvel rework of Hotel New York will be a complete renovation of the hotel.
18. The smoke effects in Big Thunder Mountain have not being working due to a leak they are looking to fix.
19. Disney Village (Their Downtown Disney) will be completely remodeled and the concept will be unveiled soon.
20. Characters have returned to Disney hotels and more than 80 rare characters will be at the Fandase event this summer. Fan demand for characters is huge.
21. Hit Disneyland Paris show Mickey and the Magician will be coming to Walt Disney World?
22. Giant cupcakes will be placed in the lands of Disneyland Paris to celebrate Mickey's 90th birthday. (sounds like something WDW would do)
23. A new stage is being built for the Guardians of the Galaxy awesome dance off.
24. Mickey's birthday celebration will begin Oct. 1st.
25. Cinemagique has been totally gutted and a full Marvel experience is coming
26. New Halloween float inspired by Phantom Manor with Mickey Mouse.
27. New Marvel merchandise collection coming to DLP this summer.
28. New Mickey Mouse anniversary merchandise coming to DLP.
29. Disney Photopass day is returning in 2018 (to all Disney parks)
30. Disney will be celebrating 35 years of Disney VoluntEARS this June.
31. Imagineer Tom Fitzgerald says Phantom Manor is finishing up a top to bottom refurbishment where everything is being fixed up and new surprises will be found.
32. A new Phantom Manor book will be released when the attraction opens this Fall.

Last edited:
If we think about where there are venues to hold a live show, the only two parks would be AK or DHS. You have the venue at the American Pavilion at Epcot, but I can't see them putting a standing show there. Also, this wouldn't fit any theme at AK. I don't believe MK has anyplace, except possibly the location of Philharmagic. I could see them evicting Beauty and the Beast show or possibly the Little Mermaid show at DHS.

If we think about where there are venues to hold a live show, the only two parks would be AK or DHS. You have the venue at the American Pavilion at Epcot, but I can't see them putting a standing show there. Also, this wouldn't fit any theme at AK. I don't believe MK has anyplace, except possibly the location of Philharmagic. I could see them evicting Beauty and the Beast show or possibly the Little Mermaid show at DHS.
Philharmagic would have to be reworked to fit an actual stage. I think most likely spot is BatB.

Philharmagic would have to be reworked to fit an actual stage. I think most likely spot is BatB.

Yeah, that is why I wasn't sure about any place in MK. And I do believe that BatB location is probably better suited versus The Little Mermaid. In the article, where a picture was shown of the show, it reminded me of Mickey's Magical Map at Disneyland. That show is in an outside venue, but totally covered, which is how I believe the BatB venue to be. I haven't seen BatB, so really no clue.

Yeah, that is why I wasn't sure about any place in MK. And I do believe that BatB location is probably better suited versus The Little Mermaid. In the article, where a picture was shown of the show, it reminded me of Mickey's Magical Map at Disneyland. That show is in an outside venue, but totally covered, which is how I believe the BatB venue to be. I haven't seen BatB, so really no clue.
Yeah I think BatB would be the best spot for it. It is very much similar to Mickey's Magical Map at Disneyland.

Mickey and the Magician wasn’t there when I went to DLP; is it where Animagique used to be?

It is in the Anamagique theater. I've never been, but I was planning a trip for soon-ish that had to be put on hold for now. This show appeared to be a highlight!

Very possible. Again, I do think it odd that DLP would announce something like this.
It is a DLP exclusive show right now so I am sure they would know if it was going elsewhere. It was the DLP COO that said it was going elsewhere.

So what was the mistranslation? I'm curious what was actually said and how it got translated wrong.

Added more

22. Giant cupcakes will be placed in the lands of Disneyland Paris to celebrate Mickey's 90th birthday. (sounds like something WDW would do)
23. A new stage is being built for the Guardians of the Galaxy awesome dance off.
24. Mickey's birthday celebration will begin Oct. 1st.
25. Cinemagique has been totally gutted and a full Marvel experience is coming
26. New Halloween float inspired by Phantom Manor with Mickey Mouse.

It is in the Anamagique theater. I've never been, but I was planning a trip for soon-ish that had to be put on hold for now. This show appeared to be a highlight!

Thanks. Hopefully it will still be there when I get back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter