• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland Paris May 24-28th Birthday

DisneyKrazee

Earning My Ears
::MickeyMo Hello! My mother, my little brother (10), me (18) and my b/f (18) are going to disneyland paris (yay!) :earsboy: on the 24 May 2005 by eurostar, staying in the Sequioa Lodge, until 28 May.
On the 27th Its my brothers 11 birthday and the last time we went to disney he was only a few years old and doesnt remeber it so we have booked a birthday with the disney characters ::MickeyMo in Plaze Gardens. Does anyone know what this includes? i know its something to do with characters, a cake, a card and surprise present for the birthday guest but are there balloons on the table or should we ask a CM in advance for this? Will they sing Happy Birthday- or again should we ask? please please tell me your experiances if you have any of this birthday in plaza gardens! Thanks- (I just want to make it special for him! :wizard: )

Hiya!

I can't answer your question unfortunately but I wanted to say welcome to the Dis!

We stayed at Sequioa Lodge and loved it.

Hey!
Thanks for the welcome- whats the countdown timer for at the bottom of your reply post?
Thanks!

Thanks! So no-one knows anything about birthdays therE?

<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'May 24 2005 6:30:00 AM CDT';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln('<font size=2 color=teal>Countdown to my Disneyland Paris trip (no.3)!! :earseek: :earsgirl: :earsboy:</font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writeln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'Wohoo! DLP here we come!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>

Sorry have only ever been to Plaza Gardens for buffet in evening.
Have a look on www.dlpfoodguide.com as there is review that suggests character tea is good fun if you are in to sweet things. :flower:

Reid

I don't know much, but I did see several groups ordering a birthday cake for the end of their lunch at Blue Lagoon the last time I was there. I think they sang something, but I don't know if it was Happy Birthday or some other birthday song. (Off topic, but I know that in the US, Happy Birthday is actually under copyright, so employees at a restaurant are not allowed to sing it, which is why restaurants will often have their own version of a birthday song. Crazy! :rolleyes: Of course, families can sing Happy Birthday, just not representatives from the restaurant.)

Judging by how fast some of these groups ate their cake, it must have been pretty good. ;) :goodvibes

Cyrano-
Just an aside: how did you like Plaza Gardens? We're thinking about having lunch there on our last day.

We saw some kids celebrating birthdays at Annette's diner. There were no characters of course, but the entire wait staff roller skated to their table and sang along with the delivery of a cake to the table - it looked like a lot of fun...
:cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter