Disneyland Paris Princess Run - Cancelled!

I've just made a reservation to have a princess breakfast after the 8K at 9:45, the second seating. Even if we are sorted into a lower corral and start at 8, we should be able to do the run and finish on time. Maybe not go back to the hotel to shower, but we could always bring an extra set of clothes and some deodorant.

I really wonder about how they assign the corrals, I hope they will put everyone doing the challenge at the front, and families with (young) children at the back. With the 5 K 2-3 years ago, when everything was mixed up, it was truly dangerous with all those children being in front of the more experienced runners.

Now... I really should start training, but the weather has been so awful to day :)

Well, I don’t know about anyone else, but I’m wondering if this event will still take place. (In case it does, I should probably stop stress eating and start training!)

Did anyone else sign up through GetSports? We might be calling soon to learn about cancellation policies and what our travel insurance covers.

I was so looking forward to a photo op with Donald. (Tragically, he’s hard to find in his sailor outfit in WDW.)

. (Tragically, he’s hard to find in his sailor outfit in WDW.)
Classic Donald pops up on occasion in the America pavilion during character training pop ups but you need to be in the right place at the right time

Classic Donald pops up on occasion in the America pavilion during character training pop ups but you need to be in the right place at the right time
True, and I have seen him there, and even gotten a photo. An unplanned photo. An absolutely-can’t-be-shown-to-anyone-ever photo!

Dapper Day is the Sunday of the race weekend and I was hoping for a photo that was slightly less embarrassing! 😀

a local race in a neighboring Florida city just moved from the weekend Rival Run was to this weekend so I feel that weekend has a greater chance to be canceled then this though with the way things have escalated in the past 72 hours it’s anyone’s guess

a local race in a neighboring Florida city just moved from the weekend Rival Run was to this weekend so I feel that weekend has a greater chance to be canceled then this though with the way things have escalated in the past 72 hours it’s anyone’s guess
Not looking good for this race either... especially since France is now closing all cafes and restaurants.

I've had races in late April cancelled, so I don't hold out much hope for this one. Does anyone know their cancellation policy? I haven't been able to find it. I presume it is no refunds?

I've had races in late April cancelled, so I don't hold out much hope for this one. Does anyone know their cancellation policy? I haven't been able to find it. I presume it is no refunds?
Under normal circumstances, no. But these are not normal circumstances. Let's get through to the end of March first, and then we still have 5 weeks to go. Let's hope the measures taken help.

I am quite sure that if Disney decides to cancel the event, there will be refund or a guaranteed bib/hotel stay etc. if they postpone it to May next year. With everything Disney, but also airlines, hotels etc. are doing, they are trying to compensate their guests in one way or the other.

Under normal circumstances, no. But these are not normal circumstances. Let's get through to the end of March first, and then we still have 5 weeks to go. Let's hope the measures taken help.

I am quite sure that if Disney decides to cancel the event, there will be refund or a guaranteed bib/hotel stay etc. if they postpone it to May next year. With everything Disney, but also airlines, hotels etc. are doing, they are trying to compensate their guests in one way or the other.

The major airlines in my country have cancelled every international flight from the end of March until the end of May, and we have been told by the PM to not head oversease for several months, so safe to say I won't be running this race! Best I can hope for at this point is that they cancel it before my balance is due or I guess I will have to forfeit the bib costs and accommodation deposit.

By the way it now appears you can cancel (without fees) all bookings prior to 1 June at Disneyland paris. Form is on the homepage for those (like me) who know that travel is impossible even if the race does magically go on...

FWIW my race here in Florida this same weekend has been postponed for a date to be named later :
Options if you can’t run on new date are:
Defer to another race this year
Transfer Bib to another runner
Donate registration fee to running club (tax deductible)
Refund
So much better communication then RD who haven’t even canceled Rival Run officially yet .... now to wait to see if this local running club canceles their June race

Also from the Netherlands the direct trains to DLP will be cancelled till 17 May, but there will still be 2-3 trains a day to Paris central, if the subway is still an option, I'll switch to this. But for now we wait.

Although my gut feeling says it will be postponed till next year.

The Disneyland Paris Princess Run has been cancelled. Read More
No mention of reschedulling.

90800091_3325670117499178_1143199356506079232_n.png

Wow kind of surprised it was not just postponed, but I was expecting this for SWRR and that was cancelled too. I have a hotel res for the september race via DVC and have been hesitating on booking plane ticket with my miles, but maybe its a go. I wonder when they will start the bib only sales for that...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!