Disneyland Paris requires 150 euros per person for unlimited FastPass, Is WDW next?

Kainsel

Earning My Ears
You will to translate the page but is this the test before they launch it at WDW?
Read it here

With a Super FastPass, visitors can enjoy accelerated access to three family attractions (Ratatouille: The Adventure, Peter Pan's Flight and Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast) or three thrill rides (Star Wars Hyperspace Mountain, Rock 'n) for 45 euros (30 euros in low season). Roller Coaster, The Twilight Zone Tower or Terror).

Those who are not satisfied with it can also opt for an Ultimate FastPass. Leaving the queue once at all nine attractions with a FastPass queue costs 90 euros per person (60 euros in low season). The most expensive variant costs 150 euros (120 euros in the low season). This means that visitors are allowed unlimited use of all FastPass rows in the parks in one day.

This summer there has already been experimented with a paid FastPass under the name Disney Access One . In addition, one time pre-payment costs 15 euros per person. The trial stops on 1 October.

Whoa...so does this mean it could be re-ride fps? I'd pay for a day of that for our family in a skinny minute. A SKINNY minute. The kids favorite ride is the HM (which is called the "ghost party" in our family), and they would love to ride it over and over.

I doubt it for World. They make too much off VIP tours to implement this type of thing, especially since VIP tours bring in much more profit than this pass. Plus all the data they get from people using the Fastpass+ system currently, they certainly couldn't maintain the free passes to the same level with unlimited passes thrown in.

I see paying for a certain amount of extras, but not unlimited.

I doubt it for World. They make too much off VIP tours to implement this type of thing, especially since VIP tours bring in much more profit than this pass. Plus all the data they get from people using the Fastpass+ system currently, they certainly couldn't maintain the free passes to the same level with unlimited passes thrown in.

I don't see them ever going away from the free 3FP per person per day model with the upcharges they have now with the EMM, DAH, and the Club level FP (is that still a thing?)...

But I definitely see them retweeking the system to no longer allow for more FP's after your initial three, and then selling blocks of FP's after that....

My thoughts exactly.

They ought to just get over it and go back to ticket books at this point.

I can't imagine anything like this not including Big Thunder Mountain since it runs out of fast passes. We went at a slower time and had no trouble pulling fp for anything. I imagine in busier times it could be worthwhile, but again, if it doesn't include BTM and Phantom Manor (though I don't know if it has FP, it was down for refurb when we were there) I don't understand the point, especially for the last option.

Hmmmmmm. None of the included rides really had major lines on our visit earlier this year. Crush's Coaster and Big Thunder Mountain were the only two with significant wait times. A LOT of the other rides were virtually walk-on, including the Rocking Rollercoaster and Tower of Terror. Ratatouille was also virtually walk-one for the better part of the morning.

Peter Pan was extremely busy, but still doable with a Fast Pass even if it wasn't the first Fast Pass. I think we Fast Passed BTM first, then perhaps Peter Pan after that?

And, I just don't like Disney further creating two classes of guests - the haves and have nots. I know they're in the business of making money or rather a LOT of money. But, in terms of the basic elements of the theme parks, I'd prefer everyone to be on equal footing. Sure, if you're wealthy you'll buy more souvenirs and snacks and eat in the nicer restaurants. But, the "entertainment" (i.e. rides and parades) is pretty much equal opportunity for everyone.

And I do wonder whether Disney are still interested in "virtual" lines. Wasn't the point of getting people out of long ride lines and into the shops and restaurants to make more money? That seems to be a fairer way of increasing profits than selling Fast Passes, although it would obviously require a sizeable upfront investment.

We visited DLP for the first time over the Easter weekend this year and we were never waiting very long for any of the rides! The most I waited was 30-40 minutes for tower of terror. I don’t think that it would be beneficial for DLP and I certainly wouldn’t pay for it for our family - not when Space mountain and big thunder were virtual walk ones on multiple days we attended

An unlimited fastpass system like this would never fly at WDW. Because at the equivalent amount (around $175), it's far too cheap. The prospect of unlimited FPs at any of the four parks would have those things selling out on a daily basis. People already pay close to or far more than that amount for similar "low wait" experiences - whether it's around $120 for DAH, or upwards of $80 for EMM, or $250-350 for the VIP (non-private) tours.

I wouldn't see the VIP tours or other experiences as an impediment since Disney could make far more money on unlimited FPs. Brief example - say that each park offered Ultimate Fastpasses to up to 200 guests per day at $175 each. Disney would bring in nearly $140,000 a day on those sales - and nearly $1M a week selling FP inventory that's already there. And - unlike all those experiences above - Disney has no additional costs for guest's food or beverage, or CMs to conduct the event, that would reduce the profits. In those terms, it's surprising it hasn't happened. Disney, however, has been reluctant to monetize the value of FPs (instead focusing on value-added experiences that combine low wait ride times with other features) - and you could come up with all kinds of reasons why that's the case.

An unlimited fastpass system like this would never fly at WDW. Because at the equivalent amount (around $175), it's far too cheap. The prospect of unlimited FPs at any of the four parks would have those things selling out on a daily basis. People already pay close to or far more than that amount for similar "low wait" experiences - whether it's around $120 for DAH, or upwards of $80 for EMM, or $250-350 for the VIP (non-private) tours.

I wouldn't see the VIP tours or other experiences as an impediment since Disney could make far more money on unlimited FPs. Brief example - say that each park offered Ultimate Fastpasses to up to 200 guests per day at $175 each. Disney would bring in nearly $140,000 a day on those sales - and nearly $1M a week selling FP inventory that's already there. And - unlike all those experiences above - Disney has no additional costs for guest's food or beverage, or CMs to conduct the event, that would reduce the profits. In those terms, it's surprising it hasn't happened. Disney, however, has been reluctant to monetize the value of FPs (instead focusing on value-added experiences that combine low wait ride times with other features) - and you could come up with all kinds of reasons why that's the case.

I think it's inevitable, the only question is price. I wouldn't be surprised to see some variant of this offered at something like $300-400 per person per day.

There will be enough interest from people who don't want/need the additional perks of the full VIP tour (and therefore aren't interested in paying the full VIP price) and those willing to spend the additional money on their "once in a lifetime" trip, but probably not so many as to break the FP+ allocation model.

And, I just don't like Disney further creating two classes of guests - the haves and have nots. I know they're in the business of making money or rather a LOT of money. But, in terms of the basic elements of the theme parks, I'd prefer everyone to be on equal footing. Sure, if you're wealthy you'll buy more souvenirs and snacks and eat in the nicer restaurants. But, the "entertainment" (i.e. rides and parades) is pretty much equal opportunity for everyone.

That's exactly how I feel too. I would always tell people how great it was that Disney gave things like FPs, Extra Magic Hours, free ice water, etc... to all resort guests, no matter if you stay in a value or deluxe resort. In recent years Disney is definitely more towards creating two classes of guests with things like extra FP for club level, dessert parties for everything, paid versions of extra magic hours, etc... I think letting people buy extra FPs will feel like the last straw to me (and I realize that's essentially what people can do with VIP tours, but buying extra FPs feels a little different).

WDW and DLP are vey different beasts. What works for WDW does not necessarily translate to DLP and vice versa.

* DLP still has paper fast passes, not FP+
* Guests typically stay there for 5 days or less
* The number of non french speaking guests often out number french speaking guests and they often don't understand FP.
* Fast passes are relatively easy to pick up (the old paper ones!)
* Even at 'busy' times, the lines are not nearly as big. We went at Easter 2 years ago and longest line was Ratatouille which was 60 mins and even then it was only because it kept breaking down. We went over new years and hit every ride with the paper fast passes in 9 hours
* There aren't as many returning guests, or at least not that return as often and their trips are not so close together
* Far more guests stay off site as there aren't as many hotel rooms and they are extremely expensive, so early FP+ would not necessarily work as a perk for the hotel guests and probably wouldn't be cost effective for a park that hasn't been making money. (6 hotels, very small by WDW standards and a camp ground)

They will certainly get people to buy the FPs but I suspect these will largely be people who don't realise they don't really need it or that have silly money to waste. Unless they completely get rid of the paper fast passes, I would never consider it.

Just my thoughts on the matter

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter