Disneyland Paris Shares - How, What and Where?

ryan.stephens

It's just like we dreamed it...
Hi there,

I've seen that many members on Disboards talk about owning shares in Disneyland Paris and it's got me very interested in finding out more and I'm sure others are curious aswell.

The questions I would like answered are...

• How do you get shares in Disneyland Paris and join the shareholders club?
  • How much does it cost and are there any hidden fees? i.e. yearly subscription charge...etc
  • Wat do you get in return for owning shares in Disneyland Paris and joining the shareholders club?

I'm sure there are other questions to ask aswell but these are the main ones.

Thanks in advance for your advice! :)

As I am not from the UK I can only answer some of your questions!

When you own more than 2000 shares you can get into the Shareholders Club for free. If you have more than 600 shares you can get into the club but you have to pay a fee of 30€ every two years.

What you get in return is:
10% if you book a package direct with Disney
15% in every Disney Restaurant
15% in every Disney Store in the resort
10% in every Disney Store for limited stuff

And from time to time you are invited to some special events at the resort like soft opening of new rides, special shows or movies.

Last year I was there in June and we could see Chicken Little Europe premiere in the studios when the park was already closed! :woohoo:

And the biggest advantage is the Saloon Mickey. This is a very lovely Saloon near the entrance of the Disneyland Park. And there you get every day a second breakfast for free.
You can get many sweet things like Brownies, Muffins Croissants and free drinks (coffee, tea, water, cola and juice)

Today you have to pay about 0,10€ per share. So 2000 shares are nowadays not as expensive as when I bought mine almost 5 years ago (0,50€)! :scared1:

You need a minimum of 500 shares to become a member, and if you buy 2000 shares you won't need to pay the 30 euro fee every two years. The price is currently about 0.09 euros per share, so it certainly isn't too expensive to join at the moment. But it's only really worth becoming a shareholder for the benefits at the moment, rather than as an investment - though we can hope!

Benefits include 15% discount in the shops, restaurants, and some of the park passes, 10% discount on hotel and pass packages, and entrance to Salon Mickey. You'll find more information on all this here. :)

Cheers Markus.ka and Bexx!

You're advice is certainly useful and I think I just might obtain some shares now I've got the Disney bug...I can't stop singing the 'Once Upon A Dream' parade tune :)

Oh one thing I did forget to ask regarding fees was...

• What about charges from the shares company, in this case Selftrade? i.e. Do you have to pay them anything and are the charges ongoing?

Oh one thing I did forget to ask regarding fees was...

• What about charges from the shares company, in this case Selftrade? i.e. Do you have to pay them anything and are the charges ongoing?

No there are no on-going charges with Selftrade :goodvibes

They do charge a £12.50 fee for the original purchase. This is some very useful information on how to go about buying the shares with Selftrade, in this thread. The only thing that didn't work for me was requesting the paper share certificate. But apparently the contract note they emailed to me works fine, and I saved £10!

Don't forget that you also get a swank shareholders pin.

What I need to do is remember when I'm in DLRP to acually use my card to get the discount - I think I only used it maybe half the times we shopped last October. We'd forever come out of a shop and think 'damn, meant to use the card for discount!'.

Thats the 1st thing out of my purse whenever I was there.

I actually have 2 with one expiring 2 months after the other, this is becuase they took so long renewing my membership (which is unusual for them)

The same here! I always have the shareholders card next to my creditcard so I can't overlook it! ;)

I think when I receive my shareholders card it shall take pride of place in the clear window of my wallet so that everyone can see it when I open my wallet :)

It will be just magical dropping in that I'm a shareholder for Disneyland Paris whilst waiting to pay for my groceries in the supermarket :rotfl:

so if you are coming once...for 2 days, is it worth it to own shares???

we are coming this summer for 2 days from the US :thumbsup2

we are all about Disney!

I had never thought of becoming a shear holder, but looking at the benefits, I might just do it, as only 500 shears are not that much. As you can see I am going for 5 days is 2 mounts, so I could save a lot of money.:)

so if you are coming once...for 2 days, is it worth it to own shares???

we are coming this summer for 2 days from the US :thumbsup2

we are all about Disney!

2,000 shares will run about 200 euros, plus you will need to find a way to purchase as I don't believe many if any brokers in the US deal in these shares.

For a 2 day trip, I doubt that the benefits would be that worthwhile, unless you plan to return again in near future (in which case it would be better most likely to purchase an AP)

Here is the ticker under which it trades in the US ERDBF.PK

You can research your online broker to see if you can purchase shares through them - it looks my broker in America CAN, but not my broker in Canada. (I have money in too many places so just need to decide if I am going to buy them in America or Germany)

You need a minimum of 500 shares to become a member, and if you buy 2000 shares you won't need to pay the 30 euro fee every two years. The price is currently about 0.09 euros per share, so it certainly isn't too expensive to join at the moment. But it's only really worth becoming a shareholder for the benefits at the moment, rather than as an investment - though we can hope!

Benefits include 15% discount in the shops, restaurants, and some of the park passes, 10% discount on hotel and pass packages, and entrance to Salon Mickey. You'll find more information on all this here. :)

so if we buy 500 shares...we would pay the 30 euro fee this year, or next year? and what happens if we don't pay it? we just don't have access? and does owning 500 shares let me bring my whole family (or extended family, my sister and her family will be there too).

any thoughts? thanks guys!!!

did you see my posts above?

you would need to purchase the shares and then pay the Shareholders Club fee. Make sure that you allow enough time in advance of your trip or you won't receive the benefits.

Simply purchasing 500 shares will not get you access to any benefits - you must purchase the shares AND join the club

so if we buy 500 shares...we would pay the 30 euro fee this year, or next year? and what happens if we don't pay it? we just don't have access? and does owning 500 shares let me bring my whole family (or extended family, my sister and her family will be there too).

any thoughts? thanks guys!!!

No, you will need to abide by the Salon Mickey rules

They list 4 guests maximum per visit 'spouse, concubine, ascendant or descendant' ;) (they need to purchase better translation software)

or

3 guests per visit if they do not fall into the above categories

The shareholder must be present; visits are limited to 5 per month

http://www.eurodisney.com/en/pdf/Reglement_du_Salon_Mickey_VE_0505.pdf

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!