Disneyland Paris Shares - How, What and Where?

Hey,

First Post! Woo!

Anyway, back to the business. I've only just found out about the benefits of the shareholder club, however I booked my holiday to Disney a few weeks back, does anyone know if I were to become a shareholder before I travel if it is possible to add it to my booking and maybe get some of the money back? Or get any other advantages?

Also I've been looking at the selftrade website and am somewhat baffled as to which account option to choose, anyone able to offer a hinter?

Thanks to any help given to this DLRP nutter!

Hi squizz and welcome to DLP DIS board :wave2:
We are a friendly bunch here so please join in on any other thread or if you have a number of questions then just start a new thread for each :goodvibes

If you have not had a look yet, DLP posting rules are here, DIS posting guidelines can be found here.

I don't think you would get any retrospective discount. You would however be able to use your card to benefit from the other advantages for this trip :)

It was a long time ago that I got my shares so hopefully someone with recent experience of Selftrade can help :)

Thanyou Reid, you reminded me I had a question :thumbsup2
Is it bi-annually that you have to rejoin the Shareholders Club ?
I have the minimum shares required and paid the additional fee.
Thanks. :)

I soooo want to be a shareholder. I have telephoned my bank who have made it sound complicated as it is not London stock exchange share. Looked at Selftrade and don't know what to do.

Please help.

I sent my certificate and form off three weeks ago by snail mail (don't have access to a fax and a local stationary shop was looking for £5 to send the pages!) - haven't heard anything from them but desperate to book our holiday for July this year.
Have emailed them 3 times but no reply, tried ringing them yesterday but the very nice CM who answered said it was just lucky if you got hold of someone in the shareholders office so gave me the fax number, my daughter tried to fax today at her work (their fax was broken when I originally wanted to send the forms etc.,) and it wouldn't accept the number.
Have now tried emailing them again via my hotmail account (thinking AOL is playing up), other than what I have done does anyone else have any ideas on which route to go down next? Just want a temp number for my booking really.

I'd keep phoning. I'm surprised they haven't replied to your emails, they were always quick to reply to me when I emailed but that was a few years ago, not recently. If you use the free phone number it's not going to cost anything apart from your time.

Good luck. pixiedust:

Try this email address, I got a reply straight away when I contacted this lovely lady.
LOUISA.DOUIS@disney.com

I wouldn't pin your hopes to much on getting a shareholder's discount, when I telephoned regarding our March trip, they were only able to offer the discount on the NPB and room only with discount was £300 plus dearer than the package price, so do explore all options. :)

Louisa is very efficient when you email her. She helped solve my problems I was having with renewing.

Hope you hear something soon.

Thank you ladies, will email right away. I didn't realise it was only a discount on certain hotels, I'll certainly explore all options. I have made enquiries through the website so have got a figure to work with (without flights).

Thank you ladies, will email right away. I didn't realise it was only a discount on certain hotels, I'll certainly explore all options. I have made enquiries through the website so have got a figure to work with (without flights).

I haven't booked using my shareholders card for ages but I used to just phone the normal booking number & I got the discount regardless of where I wanted to stay:confused3

Getting really frustrated now, 2 phone calls, 5 emails, 2 faxes and still no reply to any with no temp number so I can make my booking - I'm just hoping that my information actually arrived there and I won't have too much longer to wait for the card to arrive (5 weeks since I sent via post).

Getting really frustrated now, 2 phone calls, 5 emails, 2 faxes and still no reply to any with no temp number so I can make my booking - I'm just hoping that my information actually arrived there and I won't have too much longer to wait for the card to arrive (5 weeks since I sent via post).

Oh no :confused: I suspect that the shareholders office is very busy now for the shareholders meeting. But this does not excuse them not getting back to you.
I will check to see what other contacts I have, and send you details if they are different from the others in this thread.

Hi, I noticed on the site when I sent mine off that it does say six weeks turnaround.

It is frustrating though waiting.

Oh no :confused: I suspect that the shareholders office is very busy now for the shareholders meeting. But this does not excuse them not getting back to you.
I will check to see what other contacts I have, and send you details if they are different from the others in this thread.

Thank you very much, at this moment in time I'd appreciate any help at all. Each time I've gotten through to the number in France they have told me it's 'hit and miss' if you get the shareholders office and the best way is via fax.

Hi, I noticed on the site when I sent mine off that it does say six weeks turnaround.

It is frustrating though waiting.

I'm just concerned that I sent my details via the postal service and that in waiting the six weeks it may be that they haven't received any information from me - hence the frustration. I really just wanted confirmation that they had my details and a temp number if possible.

Still no replies to either emails or faxes as of today.

Hello, have a look on the other Share thread. I managed to do it so I am sure you will. You have to register first at Selftrade but you can then telephone and do the deed over the phone straight away.

Try to find the other thread I wrote about it there. Good luck.

Guys, there is a whole other thread about Shares. Don't go to Selftrade, we all abandoned ship there as they have started to charge an annual admin fee, which defeats the object, unless of course you are going to share deal all year.

Halifax is the best one now I think. I have since found out though that Saga also do this. Over 50's only.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter