Disneyland Paris VIP guide

cdnewton

Earning My Ears
Hello, I would like to offer a report of our experience with DLP VIP services. We have used guide services many times at Orlando and Anaheim parks. As we only had one day at DLP, it seemed like a great idea to see both parks in a limited time. The take home message is do not expect quality guides in DLP. I will list the issues below:

1. Unfamiliarity with park including show and parade times often using the map
2. Unfamiliarity with ride access requiring guide to check every ride if we should use fast pass, exit or other entrance
3. Difficulty extending guide time, required 30 minute call and trip to Town Hall to extend for 2 hrs.
4. Complete lack of any Disney knowledge. Guide knew nothing about history of park, nothing about the rides, nothing about Disney stories, had never been to other Disney Parks, knew little about best places to eat, shop, etc.
5. Guide constantly pushed for us to see shows and parades despite us being clear we did not want to see them. I took it as it was easier for him to drop us at a show for 45 minutes then walk around park.
6. Our driver back to Paris never showed up. I called VIP services and they did nothing. Had to get taxi back as the last train had left which took an extra 45 minutes.

VIP guides in the states are well trained and usually huge Disney fans. It is a very coveted position requiring years of experience. In Paris, the guide could have easily been someone off the street. Honestly, I could have been a much better guide. We should have just purchased the Ultimate Fast Pass and waited for the few non fast pass rides. I provided feedback to guide services and was offered a few Disney ears and a nice spot to watch fireworks but that was it. I have sent an email but never received a response. Tempted to send letter to corporate office. I hope this helps someone before they spend a significant amount of money.

When did you send your message? It can take a while before you received a reply to your email.

Did you receive an auto-reply that your message was received?

I sent email 4 days ago. No response. However, I called today because I wanted to make sure I got refunded for the driver that didn’t show up. They basically just halfway apologized and said they would refund for the driver. I asked for consideration for partial refund of tour or future ticket and was told no because we already had received a complimentary pair of Mickey ears. Gee, thanks! 4k and they make a big deal about some 10 dollar Mickey ears. We’ve had experiences ranging from very good to excellent on our tours prior at DL and DW. Nothing evening remotely this level of service. We made the best of it despite but capping off the evening with a scared family with no ride at 1230 is not a great memory.

It will take longer than 4 days, I think it recently took about 1.5-2 weeks to get a response to my email.

The only thing that could happen now, because you called and got an answer to your question is that they close your email as the questions in it are handled. Did you discuss with the cm on the phone what you wrote in your email, and do you remember the cm retrieving the email, reading it etc.?

I was told by the cm they were aware of my email. I got passed along to a supervisor who also relayed same message and a half apology. She even stated “For your inconvenience we will refund the driver charge.” For my inconvenience? Person never even showed up. I asked for issue to be elevated and was told I would receive a call back. Somehow I doubt that ever happens.

If it doesn't happen, keep contacting them. A VIP guide should be top notch.
That they don't know about different Disney parks I can forgive, but they should know their own park inside out and the tricks, and overall just how the service works.

I’m sorry your experience was so poor, but I appreciate you posting. I’m going at Christmas and we had been considering whether or not to do the VIP tour, mostly to try to beat the crowds. I have struggled to find any reports about it, and wasn’t overly impressed at the reply when I contacted them to book it, which gave me pause.

Since then we have also booked another WDW trip, so I think I might keep the DLP money and put it towards a VIP tour in WDW.

If you do go with a guide at DLP, just make sure to ask for an experienced guide. That would have made a big difference. I can also pm you the name of the guide who took us to the firework viewing area, she was much better. We have always had good experience at wdw, they must be much more selective.

If you do go with a guide at DLP, just make sure to ask for an experienced guide. That would have made a big difference. I can also pm you the name of the guide who took us to the firework viewing area, she was much better. We have always had good experience at wdw, they must be much more selective.

Yes please, that would be great. I was on the fence before this (you can see that I asked about it on here a few months ago) and you experience is confirming my concerns, but if we do go ahead then it would be helpful to have someone to request.

We almost did the VIP tour on our last WDW trip, but we were there for 4 weeks so ultimately decided it wasn’t needed. This time we will almost certainly do it as I expect that is the only way we could cope with the crowds at SWGE.

I am so sorry about your lack of enjoyment at DLP.

While I haven't experienced the VIP tour myself (this is probably one of the last items I haven't paid for at DLP), I am not unfortunately not surprised by your feedback. I was not impressed by any of the ~2 hours park tour that I paid for, and it is common knowledge that many VIP tour positions have been opened lately, supposedly because the demand is higher. As you probably know, VIP guides at DLP are not assigned to this task, and may well do something totally unrelated such as operating a single attraction, except when guests are willing to pay for a tour.

I hope you will raise your voice to Guest Relations, even if I seriously doubt things will change in a foreseeable future (as long as guests are willing to pay).

While I haven't experienced the VIP tour myself (this is probably one of the last items I haven't paid for at DLP), I am not unfortunately not surprised by your feedback. I was not impressed by any of the ~2 hours park tour that I paid for, and it is common knowledge that many VIP tour positions have been opened lately, supposedly because the demand is higher. As you probably know, VIP guides at DLP are not assigned to this task, and may well do something totally unrelated such as operating a single attraction, except when guests are willing to pay for a tour.

I hope you will raise your voice to Guest Relations, even if I seriously doubt things will change in a foreseeable future (as long as guests are willing to pay).

Interesting. Our guide did mention working in food services but I assumed that was previously. Maybe he was a food service worker just filling in as a guide for the day. It’s so surprising because At Disney World it is a very difficult position requiring years of experience and many even have degrees in hospitality or management. I wonder if the guys at Disney Shanghai or Disney Japan or similar .

Tokyo Disney does not offer VIP guide because they're run by a third party.

I've used guides in Hong Kong and Shanghai. They're excellent, especially in Shanghai. When we had dinner at a quick service location, she told us to take a seat and she brought us the menu and asked us what we wanted to order. Then I went with her to the cashier to pay. She helped me bring one tray to the table while I brought the other one.

The guide we had in Hong Kong had good knowledge of the other Disney Parks. When we went to Slinky Dog Spin, he told us that Orlando has Slinky Dog Dash instead. He also knew that Hong Kong, Paris and Tokyo will have Frozen areas opening and that Hong Kong's will be the first one to open

This is really interesting, though also pretty disappointing. I’m learning so much about DLP that makes me think it’s going to be a pretty poor experience compared to WDW.

This is really interesting, though also pretty disappointing. I’m learning so much about DLP that makes me think it’s going to be a pretty poor experience compared to WDW.
It doesn't have to be, only if you keep comparing everything to WDW. You have to go with an open mind, and not expect everything to be the same.
Customer Service is completely different in France than it is in Florida, but that doesn't mean you won't run into the wonderful CMs DLP has.
DLP is better designed and definitely more beautiful than WDW, so if all else fails, you can find things to enjoy ;-)

It doesn't have to be, only if you keep comparing everything to WDW. You have to go with an open mind, and not expect everything to be the same.
Customer Service is completely different in France than it is in Florida, but that doesn't mean you won't run into the wonderful CMs DLP has.
DLP is better designed and definitely more beautiful than WDW, so if all else fails, you can find things to enjoy ;-)

You’re absolutely right, and I’m trying very hard not to compare the two. I’m in the UK so very familiar with Europe vs. US in terms of service (and I’m fine with the differences). We booked our DLP trip two months after returning from a month in WDW, and before that I had not been to either DLP or WDW since I was a child. So my only real point of reference is WDW, and it’s hard not to compare, just because I don’t know what else to expect, if that makes sense.

The good thing is that we are going for Christmas, so things will be very different anyway.

I have to say that so far I’m enjoying the following about DLP:
Not having to book dining 6 months in advance;
Not having to book FPs 2 months in advance;
The Green disability pass, which will work extremely well for us;
The fact that it’s an hour’s flight from the U.K.!

So I’m not deliberately trying to compare the parks, it’s just that WDW is my only point of reference. However, you are right - I need to make more of an effort not to compare them or I won’t enjoy it as much as I could, because I will be constantly saying “this is better here, this is worse”. So I really appreciate your reminder that the only thing I can change is my attitude and expectations, and you are right! :flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts