Disneyland Paris Will Reopen July 15 Village Nature Opens June 22

Just curious if anyone has asked about postponing their trip to a later date (and maybe having to pay the difference) without any other penalties? I know it's a minute by minute/day by day changing situation, but I don't know if it would even be an option to change our dates if closures happen before we get there.

We are heading over in less than 2 weeks. I think my biggest concern really is more about any possible travel restrictions that get put into place while we are over there and not being able to get home. We aren't planning on leaving the Paris area and from what I'm reading, the government at this time isn't planning on stopping public transportation (since it's vital to the economy) or flights. Again, I know it can change at any given moment. Sorry... these are more or less just thoughts I'm putting down in words. I know no one can really answer my concerns. :)

i postponed mine without penalty to April 2021 - they simply applied my deposit to the new trip. I was outside the 30 day window and had not yet made the final payment - not sure if that was why it was so easy...

Just curious if anyone has asked about postponing their trip to a later date (and maybe having to pay the difference) without any other penalties? I know it's a minute by minute/day by day changing situation, but I don't know if it would even be an option to change our dates if closures happen before we get there.

We are heading over in less than 2 weeks. I think my biggest concern really is more about any possible travel restrictions that get put into place while we are over there and not being able to get home. We aren't planning on leaving the Paris area and from what I'm reading, the government at this time isn't planning on stopping public transportation (since it's vital to the economy) or flights. Again, I know it can change at any given moment. Sorry... these are more or less just thoughts I'm putting down in words. I know no one can really answer my concerns. :)
I leave for Paris on Thursday. I have been taking this day by day. At this point, we are set to go and I will embrace whatever is thrown our way.

I have tons of vacation anxiety lately. I was supposed to leave for Tokyo at the end of February to run the Tokyo Marathon. Found out the race was cancelled for non-elites 3 weeks ago and I cancelled my trip. I spent 2 days working on refunds--got almost all of it back.

Disneyland Paris has published a message
  • QUESTIONS ABOUT CORONAVIRUS/COVID-19
A Message about Coronavirus/COVID-19 from Dr. Cyril Warmberg and Dr. Nicolas Duport, Medical Doctors for Disneyland Paris
As you may know from the news, COVID-19, commonly known as novel coronavirus 2019, has become a more widespread concern. As part of our commitment to the health and well-being of our cast, guests and the larger community, we are carefully monitoring this evolving situation and are in regular contact with health agencies for information and guidance. Disneyland Paris is welcoming guests as usual and we continue to implement preventive measures in line with the recommendations of health authorities.
Disneyland Paris has high standards of cleanliness, which assists with illness prevention, and we have health and safety protocols in place, such as:
  • Training for cast members, withongoing reinforcement on a regular basis
  • Defined cycles for frequent cleaning and disinfection of targeted areas
  • Easy access to handwashing facilities and hand sanitizers
  • Quick response to spills, trash and other situations
  • End of day sanitation procedures for restroom, kitchen, and other facilities
  • Frequent cleaning and “wash down” of outdoor locations, including walkways and queues
Additionally, our onsite health teams and leaders are communicating with our cast members about illness prevention, including the health authorities’ recommendations for everyday preventive actions to stop the spread of germs such as:
  • Staying home and wearing a mask when sick (upon medical prescription)
  • Washing hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds (or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available)
  • Following proper respiratory cough etiquette (i.e. cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve or tissue, not your hands)
  • Avoiding close contact with people who are sick
  • Avoiding touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
  • Refraining from shaking hands and hugging or kissing when meeting someone
There is more detailed information about illness prevention on these health authority websites:
Thank you,
Dr. Cyril Warmberg
Medical Doctor
Disneyland Paris
Dr Nicolas Duport
Medical Doctor
Disneyland Paris

Public: Just wash your hands for 20 seconds and everything will be fine

Dr. At Hospital: Wearing my biohazard suit while hoping I do not to catch the virus

According to ED92, Mickey & Minnie / Suzy & Perla are meeting at the princess pavillion. And 3 times a day they do a princess parade with Ariel, Aurora, Rapunzel, Snow White, Belle, Tiana, Cinderella and Merida on the princess float of the previous parade.

Last edited:
Just read that the Princess Pavilion/meet is changing:

"NEW: Princess Promenade
Join Disney Princesses for an enchanting promenade as they make their way on a beautiful float to Sleeping Beauty Castle for a Royal Magical Moment.

* As part of our commitment to the health and well-being of our cast, guests and the larger community, we continue to implement appropriate preventive measures in line with the recommendations from health agencies and the input of our medical teams. With that in mind, we have temporarily modified our Disney Princess interactions to continue to provide the best possible Guest experience."

Watching this very closely. My family and I are due to go in the middle of April as my sisters wish from Make A Wish. Hoping it goes ahead but also dont want to compromise her health if we do go.

Just read that the Princess Pavilion/meet is changing:

"NEW: Princess Promenade
Join Disney Princesses for an enchanting promenade as they make their way on a beautiful float to Sleeping Beauty Castle for a Royal Magical Moment.

* As part of our commitment to the health and well-being of our cast, guests and the larger community, we continue to implement appropriate preventive measures in line with the recommendations from health agencies and the input of our medical teams. With that in mind, we have temporarily modified our Disney Princess interactions to continue to provide the best possible Guest experience."
This makes me a tiny bit nervous. Isn't this what the Asian parks did before they closed--stopped character interactions?

I have a trip booked for Mid-May and we are still planning on going. I'm not afraid of this.

From DLP Report:

Even more preventive measures are in place at Disneyland Paris starting today according to
@LeParisien_75
- Single Rider queues closed
- Attraction A/C pulling outside air
- Disposable cutlery at buffets
- Additional cleaning of stollers
- Billy Bob’s dance floor closed

They are doing something.

Unfortunately it seems likely they will close, or at minimum keep reducing service/attractions as precautionary measures. We've already postponed our visit indefinitely to keep flexible just in case the effects last longer than expected. We also sent an inquiry about what our options are for our summer vacation set for end of June in Italy. I'm hoping we'll be good for that trip but doesn't seem unrealistic to think it will be affected as well.

We are here at the moment. A few obvious impacts like more hand gel stations, single rider lines closed, evening entertainment cancelled and no face characters but, apart from that, much the same as always. Pretty quiet but no immediate signs they are going to close down any time soon. We travel back tomorrow.

I was supposed to leave for Paris tonight with my family. I was filled with anxiety the past 2 days. We had a strong feeling there was going to be a travel ban to/from the US so last night we changed our itinerary. We are going to Hawaii tomorrow morning.

We are all disappointed about Paris, but understand. I knew even if we had gone (before the ban was announced), we would not be able to relax, always wondering if something was closing or flights cancelled. I told my kids we will go within the next 2 years.

I have cancelled my trip for end of March. All the outdoor entertainment is cancelled, according to social media, and as an AP holder, that's my main focus for a trip. So no entertainment, no need to go.

I have cancelled my trip for end of March. All the outdoor entertainment is cancelled, according to social media, and as an AP holder, that's my main focus for a trip. So no entertainment, no need to go.

Same here. I will rebook for later this year. Planing for the Christmas season now.

The Thalys has reduced the train connection to Paris also.

All that and the news from Disneyland Paris lead us to go to DLP later this year.

That's correct all parades and illuminations are now off untill the 15th of April. Studio 1 and other indoor attractions / areas are limiting people numbers to apply with the laws.

I'd say if you can cancel do so as the parade's and illuminations are what make the day.

We are going to call tomorrow to see if we can re-book for December (we were supposed to arrive on March 23rd). Our trip is fully paid for and we didn't purchase the travel insurance, so keep your fingers crossed that they will allow us to move our trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!