Disneyland Paris Will Reopen July 15 Village Nature Opens June 22

BadPinkTink

Republic of Ireland is not part of UK
https://wdwnt.com/2020/02/disneylan...therings-in-response-to-coronavirus-outbreak/
With the spread of Coronavirus impacting more and more countries outside of Asia, recent regulations in France may lead to an imminent closure of Disneyland Paris.

Due to rising concerns over transmission of the virus, France has established a temporary ban on gatherings of more than 5,000 people in a confined space. Disneyland Paris has yet to comment on the ban, but many guests have taken to social media concerned about their upcoming trips. The ban is also likely to affect sporting events and music concerts in the region.

If Disneyland Paris closes, no Disney Parks will remain open on the Eastern Hemisphere. Shanghai Disneyland, Hong Kong Disneyland, and Tokyo Disney Resort have all also closed in response to the Coronavirus outbreak.

UPDATE 11 MARCH 2020

Reports from fan sites that they have been notified that the AP event and some entertainment events are being cancelled. Official notification will follow.

UPDATE 12 MARCH 2020

Exceptional measures - Temporary changes to experiences and operations

https://www.disneylandparis.com/en-ie/guest-services/exceptional-measures-experiences-operations/
Disneyland Paris is open and welcoming guests. We are in regular contact with the French authorities, and based on their direction, we have temporarily amended some experiences and operations.

These changes, which you will find below, have been implemented on a temporary basis starting Thursday, March 12th, 2020 through Wednesday, April 15th, 2020:
Attractions
Our attractions continue to welcome our Guests. Their queue line capacities have been adjusted to comply with the latest government requirements.

Indoor and outdoor shows
Our theaters continue to welcome our Guests to enjoy the following indoor and outdoor shows (Mickey and the Magician in Animagique Theater, Frozen: A musical invitation in Animation Celebration, Motors… Action! Stunt Show Spectacular and Stitch Live). Their capacities have been adjusted to comply with the latest government requirements.

Parades and outdoor shows
Parades and shows presented outside (Frozen 2: An Enchanting Journey; Disney Stars on Parade; Princess Promenade; Disney Illuminations; First Order Recruitment; First Order March; The Imperial March; Legends of a Galaxy Far, Far Away; Star Wars: A Galactic Celebration; Disney Studio 1 musical orchestra) are temporarily suspended. There are other opportunities to meet our Disney Characters in our Disney Parks.

Restaurants
Our restaurants remain open. In Disneyland Park, the capacity of two restaurants (Café Hyperion in Discoveryland and Au Chalet de la Marionnette in Fantasyland) have been adjusted to comply with the latest government requirements as has the capacity of Billy Bob’s Country Western Saloon at Disney Village where the dance floor has temporarily been closed.

Shops
Our shops remain open. The capacity of World of Disney has been adjusted to comply with the latest government requirements.

The capacity of Disney Studio 1 building has been adjusted to comply with the latest government requirements.

Exceptional measures - Temporary adjustments to booking and cancellation policies
https://www.disneylandparis.com/en-ie/guest-services/exceptional-measures-booking/
To give Guests and Consumers the greatest flexibility, we have made temporary adjustments to our booking and cancellation policies for Leisure stays.
If you hold a reservation at a Disney Hotel for arrivals until June 1st 2020, we have waived all modification and cancellation fees until April 15th if you wish to postpone your date of arrival until Oct 15th 2020.

Any adjustments to our cancellation and modification policies for arrival dates after June 1st 2020 will be determined at a later date.

For all new reservations made through April 15th 2020, you will benefit from free cancellation for arrivals before Oct 15th 2020, excluding transportation (Transport carriers’ modification/cancellation policies will apply).

UPDATE 13 MARCH

The Disneyland Paris website is still saying open, HOWEVER the following tweet was posted on https://twitter.com/DisneyParksNews

DLP Closure 13 March.jpg

UPDATE 11 PM FRENCH TIME FRIDAY 13 MARCH
https://www.disneylandparis.com/en-gb/guest-services/exceptional-measuresTemporary Closure of Disneyland Paris
We are experiencing an extraordinary high volume of calls. The call volume is interfering with critical emergency calls in our region. We are therefore asking you to delay calls to next week, even if your stay was planned to start in the next few days. Please be assured that we will address each and every one of your bookings/requests. We thank you for your patience and understanding.

--

Disneyland Paris will temporarily close at the end of business on Sunday, March 15, 2020.

In an abundance of caution and in the best interest of our Guests and Cast Members, we are proceeding with the closure of Disneyland Paris, beginning at the end of business on Sunday, March 15, through the end of the month.

The Disney Hotels will remain open until further notice to give Guests the ability to make necessary travel arrangements. The retail and dining complexes of Disney Village will remain open.

If you hold a reservation at a Disney Hotel for arrivals until June 1, 2020, we have waived all modification and cancellation fees until April 15th and we are offering you the same price if you wish to postpone your stay through Oct 15th 2020 (excluding transportation).

We anticipate heavy call volume over the next several days and appreciate your patience as we work hard to respond to all inquiries.

Please check back here at disneylandparis.com for regular updates.

UPDATE MONDAY 30 MARCH

DLP Closure 30 March.jpg

UPDATE SATURDAY 30 MAY

Today the Golf course opens and on June 22nd les Villages Nature reopens.

UPDATE JUNE 22 DISNEYLAND PARIS WILL RE OPEN JULY 15
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...-to-begin-phased-reopening-beginning-july-15/
Mon, June 22, 2020
Disneyland Paris to Begin Phased Reopening Beginning July 15
by Natacha Rafalski, President, Disneyland Paris

At Disneyland Paris, we have been celebrating our Disney Parks family from around the world. From our colleagues at Shanghai Disney Resort and Hong Kong Disneyland who have reopened their gates, to Walt Disney World and Disneyland who announced their plans to reopen next month – we are inspired by their resilience and proud of what they’ve accomplished to once again welcome guests back to experience the magic of our resorts.

As President of Disneyland Paris, I’ve been fortunate to work alongside our team of dedicated cast members who have demonstrated tremendous commitment to preserving the magic for our guests and fans during our unprecedented closure. The last several months have tested us and our community – both personally and professionally – but together we have persevered with optimism and determination. We are grateful for the resilience of our cast members and local community, the enthusiasm of our guests and fans, and the positive momentum of the many reopenings in the tourism industry throughout Europe. We’ve been so touched by our guests around the world who’ve found creative ways to maintain their connection to Disneyland Paris from home.

Now, as our community begins to recover, I’m thrilled to share that our iconic Sleeping Beauty Castle will once again welcome guests to its towering spires and sprawling vistas when the resort begins its phased reopening on July 15. Since its temporary closure in March of this year, guests of all ages have been eagerly awaiting the reopening of our premiere European destination. Come July 15, Disneyland Paris will begin a phased reopening with visitors able to return to Disneyland Park, Walt Disney Studios Park, Disney’s Newport Bay Club hotel, and Disney Village. We look forward to the return of our cast members and reopening our gates so that our guests may once again enjoy our resort.

As we approach this day, we continue to prioritize the health and safety of our cast members and guests. In line with French government and health authorities’ recommendations, the phased reopening of Disneyland Paris will present a deliberate approach with enhanced health and safety measures tailored to our specific environment. This will include limits on attendance and require advanced ticketing and reservations to accommodate controlled guest density that aligns with government guidance on physical distancing.

We’ve been looking forward to the day we are all able to return to Disneyland Paris, and upon reopening, guests will be able to experience the guest service we are known for, our iconic attractions and entertainment, heart-warming new character moments, and even a few surprises along the way. As we are taking a phased approach, some experiences will change and others will return at a later date, but the magic that our cast is world renowned for will remain. We know it will take all of us working together, both cast members and guests, in this shared responsibility to promote a healthy and safe environment. More information on the enhanced health and safety measures are available on www.disneylandparis.com.

Over the next few weeks, our teams will be taking steps to prepare Disneyland Paris for a successful reopening, from visible changes to accommodate physical distancing, to new training for all of our cast members. We know that reopening is just the beginning, and we will continually adjust our plans as appropriate in this evolving situation with input from safety and health authorities.

As we reflect on the last several months, the magic of being able to enjoy a Disney experience means so much more. I’m very much looking forward to the day when our guests and cast members can celebrate being together again. Until then, stay safe, keep dreaming, and see you soon at Disneyland Paris! After all, there is no magic without YOU!

Last edited:

They start to have several cases in France. I am afraid they will have to close it down if things do not improve quickly in Europe.
I am currently in Italy (Milano) and they have closed down museums, movie theatre and commercial outlet over the week end.

I am hopeful that I’ll be ok. Our days at DLP are August 6-8 so hopefully it will still be open then or if it closes it will be reopened by then?

They start to have several cases in France. I am afraid they will have to close it down if things do not improve quickly in Europe.
I am currently in Italy (Milano) and they have closed down museums, movie theatre and commercial outlet over the week end.

this is why i have postponed my trip (ATL -> LON - CDG -> FCO -> ATL) -- not for fear of getting the virus but for the negative impact on the trip. I imagine many attractions will be shuttered and/or running at minimum staffing making for a poor experience. Plus the thought of getting quarantined if someone on my flight happens to be sick is NOT appealing...

Youre in Milan? Isnt that an epicenter? prety sure the cases here in Atlanta came from there. . .

I'll be following this thread closely, as our trip is coming up (3/23-3/28). As of now, it's a go for us!

We will be there from April 5 until April 11 with an extra night in Paris on April 12 and traveling with the Thalys.

Let´s s wait and see.

I do not plan to cancel it at the moment.

:smickey:

Last edited:
Good luck to those of you traveling soon! I’m glad my August trip is far away so I can be hopeful this whole mess will be over by then!

We are going tomorrow until Sunday, I am slightly concerned but that's just because of being asthmatic and hearing that people with respiratory conditions could be higher risk. Having said that, there are cases of it in Hertfordshire and all across the UK, so it's not like we can totally avoid it anyway. I intend to go, make sure to wash my hands regularly, not touch my face too often and have fun :)

Last edited:
https://*****.com/2020/02/disneylan...therings-in-response-to-coronavirus-outbreak/
If Disneyland Paris closes, no Disney Parks will remain open on the Eastern Hemisphere. Shanghai Disneyland, Hong Kong Disneyland, and Tokyo Disney Resort have all also closed in response to the Coronavirus outbreak.

it’s worth noting that the three park’s that have closed are not controlled by TWDC. They’re either joint ventures where disney own the minority share, or licensed out.

I don’t think they’ve have closed them if it was 100% Disney’s call; and for that reason I don’t think they’ll close DLP at all; unless the government absolutely forces them too -and I suspect they’ll fight it if it’s mentioned; otherwise you’d have to close holiday parks, hotels and all sorts of places down too. I may be wrong, but I don’t see it closing.

My brother is supposed to fly to Paris tomorrow and visit DLP this weekend. I think he's changing his plans b/c he's afraid France is going to lift to a Level 3 travel advisory, which means they could cancel flights back to the US from there. I feel bad for him.

My brother is supposed to fly to Paris tomorrow and visit DLP this weekend. I think he's changing his plans b/c he's afraid France is going to lift to a Level 3 travel advisory, which means they could cancel flights back to the US from there. I feel bad for him.
Flights back haven't been cancelled for Level 3 areas - but I have some acquaintances that did have to be tested before boarding the plane to return as they had been through Italy. One was told they would have to delay return for 10 days as they were infected. I'm less worried about it now as we have cases in my town - I can get it here or there - rather take my chances in Paris!

We were going to hit DLP at the end of our cruise out of northern italy (departing March 14). We've cancelled that and are changing where we are visiting from our Paris base. Hoping to do two nights and two days at the parks rather than just 1 night and 1 day May 20-22. Really hoping it stays open as we're already so disappointed with how our vacation is shaping up. :guilty:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!