Disneyland Paris Will Reopen July 15 Village Nature Opens June 22

So glad you got your refund! I have 2 trips that will be refunded, just putting off the calls (want my husband to do it since he is medallion and I think that goes further than my lowly status). My London trip in a few weeks cancelled completely--Delta currently has 2 flights to all of Europe. I have a credit on my Delta account (with no specified amount). That WILL definitely be refunded! I don't want all these credits floating around--way too many unknowns.

On another note, I received communication from DLP about my refund today. I had sent them a message through Facebook messenger a few days ago. They wanted all my info, I sent it, and got another response within 1-2 hours. Refunds will happen in 2 stages. I got the first one April 7 and the other one should happen within a few weeks. The April 7th one was for the bulk, so I am so happy there is something happening and humans are responding.

Good to know about the DLP refund too! Maybe I will get the rest back in few weeks.

Just a follow-up to my message, I received out refund today. It appears it was for the entire amount. I think it's about $30 less than I originally paid, but that could be exchange rate differences.

France has extended the lock down, all public places, bars, restaurants, theaters, movie theaters etc. will remain closed till mid July. No festivals till then, so it's safe to say, no Disneyland Paris till then.

From May 11 (after the Spring break) France will start re-opening schools for children up to highschool.

I saw The Tour was scheduled for September.

Have a trip planned eay September not sure it will even be an option to think about going.

Nice thing is that Disneyland Paris shares high quaity videos of some of their shows on Facebook. I am now enjoying one of my favourites "The Forest of Enchantment", because Earth Day.
Last weeks they have released The Starlit Princess Waltz (original version) and Pirate or Princess: Make Your Choice.

I like that Disneyland Paris is showcasing some of her best work :)

In a follow up to the Universal's survey in the US, what kind of measures the guests think they should implement. Disneyland Paris' fanwebsite ED92 has modified the survey and put it online. Of course, it's not an official Disney Survey, but it's interesting to see where the majority of the votes are and what the majority feels comfortable with.

https://www.ed92.org/reopen-disneyland-paris-but-how/

I think it's all totally mute. Pretty sure you can't socially distance at any of the parks, more so if you are staying on-site. The whole experience would be ruined. Rides would have much longer waiting times as I suspect you could only sit 2 people in a 4 people car as you'd have to leave a gap. Queuing would be a nightmare, eating too. The list goes on. I think you'd be temperature checked at least, and what if it's high?. Would they refuse you entry even?

Not to mention I don't think you'd have a cats hell of a chance of getting travel insurance, until either a cure is found or some way of suppressing it. I certainly won't be visiting a theme park for a long time. I was looking at maybe Christmas or New Year, but the more I think about it the more I conclude it would be better to wait for a good while.

Just my thoughts.

I think it's all totally mute. Pretty sure you can't socially distance at any of the parks, more so if you are staying on-site. The whole experience would be ruined. Rides would have much longer waiting times as I suspect you could only sit 2 people in a 4 people car as you'd have to leave a gap. Queuing would be a nightmare, eating too. The list goes on. I think you'd be temperature checked at least, and what if it's high?. Would they refuse you entry even?

Not to mention I don't think you'd have a cats hell of a chance of getting travel insurance, until either a cure is found or some way of suppressing it. I certainly won't be visiting a theme park for a long time. I was looking at maybe Christmas or New Year, but the more I think about it the more I conclude it would be better to wait for a good while.

Just my thoughts.
Theme parks cannot afford to stay closed till there is a vaccine or a cure. But the hospitals would be overloaded if we go back to our old ways (now).
Park attendance has to go down to at least 50%, maybe even 25% to make distancing possible. Cleaning ride vehicles between rides, means yes, it will take longer, but then again with less people in the park it might not be that drastic. In WDW they have been experimenting for a while now with mobile ordering, via the app you order and pay for your food and when it's done, you can pick it up. But if you would like to sit down, you would need less tables to get the distance between tables.

There are more and more studies reporting that a fever is not a standard symptom to all diagnosed people. Less than 16% of children with Covid got a fever.
So scanning for temperature will not be helpful to make the park safer. That's why countries are looking into some kind of 'Covid-free' passports. But the problem with that is, that you have had Covid is no guarantee you will not get it again, and if you don't have it now doesn't mean you won't get it in the future.

It's going to be a challenge, but not impossible. Stores etc. can do social distancing, so queueing at a themepark should be possible too. Keeping park attendance down is a bigger problem.

There are rumours of WDW restarting with Magic Kingdom only from Mid-June. In Belgium there are looking into reopening themeparks from June 8. So who knows what will happen this summer!

I wonder if you will have to sign a disclaimer to say that if you caught it they can't be held responsible?

Park capacity in my opinion would be a very high risk at 50%. I certainly would not go there with that.

I also wouldn't risk it with no insurance. I can't see anyone offering that and would shiver at the thought of having to pay for a stay in hospital anywhere abroad as I reckon you'd be talking house prices and then some.

The drummers, who were going to participate in the reprise of the JungleBook Jive show (Rhythms of the Jungle) this summer, mentioned on Social Media that their gig got cancelled. As the drummers are a major part (and in my opinion the best part ;-) ) of the show, either it's going to be heavily modified or cancelled completely.

I think it could work to keep the show with just the characters and maybe the dancers operating/pulling the large animals. Maybe just the lead singer can still join on stage, maybe with two dancers, I think each stage section is big enough to have distance between the singer and the dancers. Other idea I had was to clear the hub entirely for guests and use the space on the hub for some additional dancers.

Of course the crowds will still be a problem, but I think the show itself can be done.

Are you taking about making the shows etc NON costume..?

This is just a thought that has sprung to mind. Probably and obvious answer but enlighten me if there is.

Are they going to have a new suit for each show / parade If costumes are kept? Cast members i'd have thought would get terribly sweaty in them, not to mention probably cough in them too. Let alone just plain breathing. You could test but that guarantees nothing in my opinion. How would the hygiene be managed?

Last edited:
I'm reading this morning that the Parks are likely closed till September.

I doubt there will be any more Festivals this year :(

This is just a thought that has sprung to mind. Probably and obvious answer but enlighten me if there is.

Are they going to have a new suit for each show / parade If costumes are kept? Cast members i'd have thought would get terribly sweaty in them, not to mention probably cough in them too. Let alone just plane breathing. You could test but that guarantees nothing in my opinion. How would the hygiene be managed?

I'm going with them having a reduction on costumed Characters to allow for hygiene or a one CM to one Costume ratio.

I'd have thought NON costume. I don't know how they work it now with regards to hygiene, would be nice to hear from any former cast members that are members of how it all works.

Are they going to have a new suit for each show / parade If costumes are kept? Cast members i'd have thought would get terribly sweaty in them, not to mention probably cough in them too. Let alone just plain breathing. You could test but that guarantees nothing in my opinion. How would the hygiene be managed?
What is a non-costume to you, do you mean face characters? So the performers with costumes that do not require a mask.
Face characters: Princesses, Jack Sparrow, Alice & Mad Hatter, etc.
Fur characters: Mickey, Minnie, Chip 'n Dale etc.

I would go with Jon, and indeed, scale back entertainment a lot and only 1 performer per costume, no sharing.
For meeting characters, when that starts up again, it will start with fur characters as those performer are better protected already, if someone accidentally sneezes. Or the other way around, of course a princess never sneezes or coughs, but if she would,
And we can't have Cinderella wearing a mask covering her mouth ;-)

To get back to your original question, regardless of what should we do with the crowds, I think certain shows are possible, but some adjustments need to be made.
When you watch the video, you can see Mickey, Minnie and King Louie dancing on a stage. There is enough space for the performers to keep distance.
But when you look at the part of Goofy and the drummers on 1 stage, or the singer and four dancers on 1 stage, there are too many performers close together. So either these have to be cut or cut back.

When you look at the parade, yes most characters on the floats can still be done. With the exception of the princess carriages and Anna & Elsa. The dancers in between floats have to be cut back or cut entirely or maybe they have to go to a rainy-day-choreography. When it's raining but the parade has already started, the dancers usually just walk and waive. With that they could keep their distance.

To me you could / should only have characters with costumes that do not cover the face unless like Jon has said you have your own costume. There would need to be measures in place to ensure no one else can get at your costume either, so how you would store it and clean it would need to be considered.

Costumes say ones like Robin Hood would wear where the face has no coverings. I don't think you could even allow for make up to be applied could you because of social distancing etc?

So many things to consider......

It's complicated for sure, I think we'll be guided by the Asia parks as to what does or doesn't work!

I would assume no parades or fireworks for a while, as it will be impossible for CMs to keep people apart from each other.

I'm reading this morning that the Parks are likely closed till September.

May I ask, where are you hearing that? I have a trip planned at the end of September for the runDisney event...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!