Disneyland Paris Will Reopen July 15 Village Nature Opens June 22

It will have to stay shut surely. I can't think of anywhere else that has a larger capacity outside of the stadiums, it might even be bigger.
Before they closed they didn't (have to?) count the park as a whole, but limited the amount of people in each theatre and in each line (so each individual place was considered a gathering), only when it was lowered to 100 people max (from 1000) did they close. (At 1000 they cancelled the parade and fireworks).

Before they closed they didn't (have to?) count the park as a whole, but limited the amount of people in each theatre and in each line (so each individual place was considered a gathering), only when it was lowered to 100 people max (from 1000) did they close. (At 1000 they cancelled the parade and fireworks).

I think the risk is too high, the leaked WDW plans include extra wiping of surfaces, distancing in queue lines and theatres, hand sanitisers at ride entrance and exit.

Personally I don't think you can trust the public!

It’s not “leaked” plans, it was a public meeting last week. WDW and DL will be open in June.

The open areas of DLP are not dissimilar to Paris high streets- people just walking around, being trusted to observe social distancing themselves. If you open hotels in general you can open the hotels at disney, and if capacity is capped then I can see them opening again in July/August. What we few strangers on the internet feel comfortable with is one thing, what the world needs to do is another. Plenty of people will not want to go anywhere or do anything while there’s no vaccine; but I expect a wider majority will be happy to go, and observe the new rules. Just because some of us don’t feel comfortable with it, doesn’t mean it shouldn’t happen at all.

It’s not “leaked” plans, it was a public meeting last week. WDW and DL will be open in June.

The open areas of DLP are not dissimilar to Paris high streets- people just walking around, being trusted to observe social distancing themselves. If you open hotels in general you can open the hotels at disney, and if capacity is capped then I can see them opening again in July/August. What we few strangers on the internet feel comfortable with is one thing, what the world needs to do is another. Plenty of people will not want to go anywhere or do anything while there’s no vaccine; but I expect a wider majority will be happy to go, and observe the new rules. Just because some of us don’t feel comfortable with it, doesn’t mean it shouldn’t happen at all.

I've not seen anything published, just random images or text of what they might do.

I guess being sheilded right now, I don't trust anyone!

WDW will not be open to capacity in June, with all the CRPs and DCPs having gone home, and cancellations of June Programme starts, there will be reduced opening hours, which will just mean more people try to get more done in a day. You really think people will keep their distance in a queue? If the NHS and Police can't do it for the weekly clap, and there are fights at supermarkets theres no chance of the parks being safe.

There was a massive drive thru queue for Burger King yesterday, thats just ridiculous. If lockdowns are relaxed too soon, there will be a second peak, no matter what country.

Access Denied

These are guidelines, not whether Disney think its a good idea and are going to take it up on a certain date.
You said you had only seen "leaked" random images and text of what they might do - this is actual published coverage of what they have to do to even consider opening. Was the "access denied" comment that you could not access the article or just trying to be combative?

1) WDW will not be open to capacity in June, with all the CRPs and DCPs having gone home, and cancellations of June Programme starts, there will be reduced opening hours, which will just mean more people try to get more done in a day.

2) You really think people will keep their distance in a queue? If the NHS and Police can't do it for the weekly clap, and there are fights at supermarkets theres no chance of the parks being safe.

3) If lockdowns are relaxed too soon, there will be a second peak, no matter what country.

1) It won’t be open to capacity, but it will be open. Current plan seems to be opening most hotels & three parks, leaving Epcot closed to catch up on construction. Park entrance limited to on site guests & annual pass holders.

2) Nope. Not at all. But here’s where you’re falling down: you’re looking at this as a sane Englishman. Pete mentioned in a show I was listening to the other day that the social distancing measures we’re doing over here- face masks, keeping distant, and queues to get into shops - aren’t happening AT ALL in Florida, even now. The American mentality is almost polar opposite to that over here in the U.K. . Do I agree with it? Nope. But I have to acknowledge it exists, and try to understand their reasons for doing things differently. Unlike over here, “furloughed” over there means sitting at home with no pay, and thousands of people will die from extreme poverty if they don’t work. Some states will be most conservative in their approaches, but states will start to open up WAY sooner than other they probably should.

3) sadly this isn’t a joke when it comes to the US, but the phrase “can’t have a second spike if the first one doesn’t end” comes to mind.

Access Denied

These are guidelines, not whether Disney think its a good idea and are going to take it up on a certain date.
You said you had only seen "leaked" random images and text of what they might do - this is actual published coverage of what they have to do to even consider opening. Was the "access denied" comment that you could not access the article or just trying to be combative?

He means he can’t view the article as I can’t see it either. The whole Video of the meeting is available Online though, and Craig & rhyno did a special episode on it.

Original meeting (they discuss theme parks at about the 20 minute mark):

Rhyno and Craig’s discussion:

1) It won’t be open to capacity, but it will be open. Current plan seems to be opening most hotels & three parks, leaving Epcot closed to catch up on construction. Park entrance limited to on site guests & annual pass holders.

2) Nope. Not at all. But here’s where you’re falling down: you’re looking at this as a sane Englishman. Pete mentioned in a show I was listening to the other day that the social distancing measures we’re doing over here- face masks, keeping distant, and queues to get into shops - aren’t happening AT ALL in Florida, even now. The American mentality is almost polar opposite to that over here in the U.K. . Do I agree with it? Nope. But I have to acknowledge it exists, and try to understand their reasons for doing things differently. Unlike over here, “furloughed” over there means sitting at home with no pay, and thousands of people will die from extreme poverty if they don’t work. Some states will be most conservative in their approaches, but states will start to open up WAY sooner than other they probably should.

3) sadly this isn’t a joke when it comes to the US, but the phrase “can’t have a second spike if the first one doesn’t end” comes to mind.

Opening on onsite guests seems like shooting yourself in the foot, if too many hotels go under on I Drive etc like they did after 9/11 then Disney (and Universal), will see much lower guests levels for years to come.

I've been watching the US Press Briefings, it's a shambles and it's quite clear the Govt are not following the science advice like we are in the UK. The focus is getting the economy up and running, which I do understand, seeing figures of lowest GDP since 2008 and record crazy unemployment. It's bad for the public, and also bad for Trump with the election coming up and one of his main focuses being having the economy grow!

Agree, some Governors are being too optomistic. FL Gov was fairly cautious last night I thought, keeping the most affected counties in 'Lockdown' (whatever that is!!)

Not combative, not my style! :)

Whatever they do, for me the heart will be ripped out from the whole experience. I don't think it will be the same for a number of years.

Whatever they do, for me the heart will be ripped out from the whole experience. I don't think it will be the same for a number of years.
Agreed! It'll be a fairly dismal experience until a vaccine is widely available. -

2 days ago the BBC and Bloomberg were reporting that France is starting mid-May in an attempt to not collapse their economy. It'll be slow process but I'd assume DLP won't be too far behind at least with lower capacity and some things (sit down restaurants, etc.) closed. At this point it's mere speculation on our part what will happen.

We are booked for mid-September and fully plan to be there. Will it mean wearing a face mask or having somethings closed? Very likely, but unless the park is closed we will be there.

So where are we at these days?

I am so doubtful I am making it to DLP or France in early September and have planned exactly 0 things at this point outside of a basic idea of where we would be.

I am doubtful the US even reopens the boarders by then.

So where are we at these days?

I am so doubtful I am making it to DLP or France in early September and have planned exactly 0 things at this point outside of a basic idea of where we would be.

I am doubtful the US even reopens the boarders by then.
Yesterday the Dutch news reported a summary where France is now:
- From May 11th, the French can start travelling themselves, in a radius of 100km of their home. They can use public transportation again.
- Restaurants, theater, museums, movie theaters etc. will remain closed to at least June 1st.
- On Friday there was interview the minister of Health saying he doesn't know when the French can take a dip in the sea, or book a holiday abroad for this summer. As the virus doesn't take holidays.
- Vacation parks are carefully preparing to re-open. When these re-open, it will be for domestic tourists.
- It is not known when the borders will open again for foreign visitors. For the Netherlands, if we would go by car (and train maybe), we would have to travel through Belgium. Belgium keeps their borders closed till at least June 8th.
- Probably mid-May there will be a message from the EU committee regarding regulations for tourism and the borders this summer. As the Southern EU countries rely heavily on tourism, but are also impacted the most, when we look at Spain and Italy. But then still, like US states countries can decide for themselves how to deal with the advice from the EU committee, most countries have already announced they do want to work together on re-opening borders etc.

France has divided the country now in 3 regions, green, orange and red. Most likely the green areas will get more relaxed measures before orange and red. Paris area is red.
Synthese-map.png

Last edited:
It was announced today that Shanghai Disneyland will be opening on May 11th. They will be allowed to open at 30% capacity (approx 24,000 guests). Chapek said the park would initially open operating well below that capacity and ramp up to reach the 30% cap over several weeks. Face masks, temperatures taken and social distancing will all happen. This is a good sign and this is what and it was closed about 3.5 months (closed Jan 25th). Watching how they handle this opening will be eye opening to how the other parks are likely to reopen.

It was announced today that Shanghai Disneyland will be opening on May 11th. They will be allowed to open at 30% capacity (approx 24,000 guests). Chapek said the park would initially open operating well below that capacity and ramp up to reach the 30% cap over several weeks. Face masks, temperatures taken and social distancing will all happen. This is a good sign and this is what and it was closed about 3.5 months (closed Jan 25th). Watching how they handle this opening will be eye opening to how the other parks are likely to reopen.
Agreed, it'll be a good indicator of other parks opening plans

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!