Disneyland Paris

Louise-Montreal

<font color=CC99CC>Vous parlez Francais, Tag Fairy
Have a sister in law who just invited me and my daughter to London. Would like to squeeze in a trip to DLP. Has anyone used their points? Any suggestions as to the best value for your buck ( or pound)? Which is a nicer resort? How far to the park from the hotel? How long do you spend at the park? Should we arrive, go to the park and then spend our night, or arrive late spend our night then go tothe park the next morning? How long does it take to get to the park from London? From the Paris airport? What is transportation like from the airport in Paris?

I am thinking of flying into Paris and then going to DLP and then onto London or flying into London spending our vacation then going to DLP and flying home from Paris. Any suggestions as to which of these choice is better?

Any and all help is appreciated!

Louise
As my moniker indicates I would be flying from Montreal.

Dear Loiuse,

I'll try to answer some of your questions. As a frequent visitor to Disney Parks I hope I can give you a good impression. And I've been to DLP, which helps ;-).

<i>Which is a nicer resort?</i>
You have a choise of 3 categories:
Deluxe:
Disneyland Hotel (Very cool, above the magic kingdom entrance....)
Hotel New York (Little weird, but beautiful colors)

Moderate:
Newport Bay Club (Similar to WDW Yacht & Beach Club)
Sequoia Lodge (Nice woods, surroundings)

Value:
Sante Fe (Mexican Themed hotel, although the feeling doesn't quite come across)
Cheyenne (Western themed hotel, and a very good working theme here)

Depending on your needs all resorts are worth visiting.
I'll give my opinion about the resorts...
-DLH
Very beatifull resort, resembling the Grand Floridian in WDW, but looks like it is an extension of Main Street. Extremely good location, above the turnstiles of the Magic Kingdom, with a lot of rooms overlooking the Kingdom, which is very cool.
Is also very close to the new Studio's (5 min walking, which is nothing).
-HNY
First hotel after Disney Village (like Market place in WDW but smaller, which you have to walk trough to get to the hotels). It has a lot of color and is very nice. Very close to the entrance about a 6 min walk.
-NPBC
In my opinion the best hotel. It is a moderate hotel according to all brochures, but it really has the same architecture, atmosphere & looks like the Disneyland Hotel, which makes this one a cool place to stay for less bucks. It is about 15 min walking to the parks, but the walk is very nice, because you walk past the Lake (not a very big one).
-SQL
One big building and 5 smaller ones, all surrounded by large trees. Very nice hotel 12 min walking from the parks.
-SF
The least of the hotels here at DLP, the mexican theme-ing doesn't quite do it here, remember, paris is not a mexican desert.
-C
Cheyenne is very cool for kids, because this value hotel has a good working western theme. Also the rooms can have stack beds and one queen bed. which kids tend to love.

There is also Davy Crocket Ranch, but I don't concider this a hotel because it has living cabins.

<i>How far to the park from the hotel?</i>
It is not far from any of the Disney Hotels, not comparible to any of the WDW hotels for instance (where you must take the bus or monorail). In Paris you can walk to all hotels.
All hotels offer a very good walking distance to the park. And some are interesting walk's.
There are also busses which go to the parks, so if you are tired of walking take the bus.

<i>How long do you spend at the park?</i>
Magic Kingdom is similar to WDW, but has a littlebit less attractions so if you want to do everything I suggest 2 days for absolutley everything.
Park highlights:
Space mountain is cooler then all other Space mountains in the world. 3 inversions...
BTM is also cooler then any other BTM in the world. It is larger, more beautiful themed and rides faster.
Haunted Mansion is also more beautiful themed although the language spoken inside is french it doesn't degrade the attraction.

Walt Disney Studio's is about 5 hours tops.
It is very new and a very undeveloped park (yet). It will get much more interesting as this parks develops. But for now, you can just do it in 1 day.

<i>Should we arrive, go to the park and then spend our night, or arrive late spend our night then go to the park the next morning?</i>
Hey, I always go into park right away. :-)

<i>How long does it take to get to the park from London?</i>
Flying is about 45 min.

<i>From the Paris airport?</i>
Subway transport from the airport is about 90 minutes.
The subway stops in the middle of the resort, between the Magic Kingdom and the Disney Village. Bus stops for parks and hotels are here and can take you to your hotel right away, unless you are in the DLH which is 1 min walk.

<i>What is transportation like from the airport in Paris? </i>
Dunno, I always travel by high speed train from Holland. which takes about 4 hours to get to Paris.

Hope this helps :-).

Dion

Hi Louise,
I've stayed at the Sequioa Lodge and the New York, I thought they were both nice hotels but of the two I prefered Sequioa. The distance from the parks for both of those is roughly half a mile. The nearest hotel is their "flagship hotel" and is above and around the entrance to the park, indeed many of the rooms have windows that look down onto the "town square" inside the Magic Kindom style park of DLP. The Disneyland Hotel is quite a bit more in points terms than the others, so it depends on how much you want to spoil yourselves. Your passes are included in your points cost as is breakfast so, IMHO for four people it isn't a bad cost ( I guess you'll have to invite your sister along :) to fill up your room )

There has recently opened up a studios stlye park and I would say now you need at least two full days to cover both parks, preferably some of a third day.

Travelling I think it is likely you'll get a better deal by flying into and out of the same airport/country. If that is the case and you're planning to spend most time in the UK I would think flying into London is going to be your best bet and then getting a return train journey from London's Waterloo station direct to DLP. The journey is about three hours. I took a train from London at about 7.30, arrived at DLP about 12.00 (this was because I had to get a connecting train as there were no direct trains on this occasion and there is a 1 hour time difference) by the time I had gone to the hotel and collected passes,checked in etc etc I got into the park before 1.00 in the afternoon, on the return journey I got a train about 6.00 from DLP ( you can have you luggage sent from checkout at your hotel to the station and collect it from there which saves a lot of time) and arrived in London about 8.00 ( this way the hour works in your favour). If you stay for two nights and use these travelling times it gives you almost 3 days in the parks which IMHO is about right. If you wanted to take in a day's sightseeing in Paris which can be arranged from the hotels you would probably need an extra nights stay. That extra (potential) night may decide if you go for the top hotel, or one of the other less expensive ones.

I haven't used the trains from DLP to the nearest airport , which is Paris, Charles de Gaul but I believe it's about 15-20 minutes on the train or about 30 minutes by taxi to the park.

Thanks, guys! We would be going in early July- how late are the parks open? What time do they open? Is it like in WDW where if you got to the gate 1/2 before park opening, they sometimes open early?

Louise

<i>What time do they open?</i>
Magic Kingdom, Early July:
July 1-5 09:00 - 20:00 hrs.
July 6-31 09:00 - 23:00 hrs.

Walt Disney Studios, Early July:
July 1-5 09:00 - 20:00 hrs.
July 6-31 09:00 - 21:00 hrs.

No special things after park closing, such as E-ride nights at WDW (I don't understand they don't introduce it at Paris. It is so cool...)

All information can be varified ofcourse at:
www.disneylandparis.com

<i>Is it like in WDW where if you got to the gate 1/2 before park opening, they sometimes open early? </i>
On some days guest of a Disney hotel can get into the park 1 hour before the park opens.
Ask at your hotel for early entry!

Hi Louise,
We are going in early July, too. We're flying into Charles de Gaulle, arriving on July 5th. We are spending 3 nights in a Paris hotel to do the tourist thing and then taking the train out to DLP on July 8th, early in the morning and checking into the Disneyland hotel, using DVC points. We are there for 2 nights and on the 10th will check out and spend most of the day at the parks before taking the Eurostar (chunnel) train to London. We're in London for 3 nights and then 10 days in England and Wales before doing Ireland for 3 days and flying home from Dublin. I knew the passes were included at DLP but is breakfast included too?
Tony

Hi Tony!

It seems we will miss each other as we should be in DLP July 1-3 (gotta love those DVC points!) Anyways I heard somewhere breakfast is included and you had your choice of eating in the parks or at your hotel; however when I called for info at Member Services they said initially there was no breakfast, then he checked and said a continental breakfast was served. So I am keeping my fingers crossed and hoping I will get a buffet breakfast- but I am certain I will only get a continental breakfast. Be sure to post when you get home about your stay at DLP either on the Canadian board or the DVC board.

Louise
BTW, which hotel are you staying at?

The breakfast was included in the room points/cost when I went last year, I think that is still the case. It is a continetal style buffet, ie ham,cheese,cereal,toast,bread,pastries,juice and coffee. I believe you can order sides of bacon,sausage , eggs etc ( at a cost) but IMHO what they served really very nice and more than adiquate.

We're at the Disneyland Hotel. We'd like a room with a view of the park but I think they are not available on points. Is this right?
Tony

Hi Tony!

I have heard the view is fabulous!!!!
Have never heard of whether you can get a view of the kingdom with points, but I shall keep my fingers crossed for you!

Louise

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!