Disneyland Paris

debyc

<font color=green>I worry about my crops ...<font
My husband has to go to Paris on business and I am tagging along. I would like to go to Disneyland Paris while he is working--I don't speak french--will I be able to go on my own and find my way back to Paris;) --I figured I would take the train from Paris to the park. I have been checking out the websites the other posters told me about in an earlier posting--and I would love to be able to visit the park while I am there! Thanks for any help or opinions!

Hi again Deb :D

I answered your other post too!

Language won't be a major problem, certainly not at the main train stations as many of the staff there speak english.

Have a peek at

Paris Tourist Office

and

Paris Public Transport

There is a link at the top of the transport site for Maps - select the Metro Network for the Paris Subway and the RER Network for the trains to DLP (Destination station is actually Marne la Vallee Chessy - it is the end of the line so as long as you are on the right train you can't miss it :) ) and download and print off the pdf maps. The trip from Paris to DLP is about 35 minutes and I *think* cost somewhere in the region of about $12 return per person if I remember rightly.

Hope that helps :D

Penny!

Thank you Penny! Those websites look very helpful. I won't worry about the language barrier, I think my husband is making me paranoid :rolleyes:

Is this your first trip DLP?
If it is your can get in the mood by visiting this site.
Lot's of pictures. www.disneyparis.be

Don't worry about the fact that you don't speak french. Most of the castmembers speak English.

I think your in for a wonderfull experience. DLP is, in my opinion, the most beautiful Magic Kingdom in the world.
Be sure to take a ride on Space mountain and Indiana Jones Backwards. ENJOY YOURSELF.

I agree with Spocky that DLP is the most beautiful of all Magic Kingdoms (well, at least the three that I've visited). If you can manage to spend two days there you will have a little more time to appreciate the wonderful detail that the Imagineers put into the park, as well as the brilliant updates to classic rides such as Space Mountain and Phantom Manor (Haunted Mansion).

Queues (lines) can get very long at DLP during the busier summer months. I therefore recommend getting there as early as you can - up until 11am most queues are less than 20 minutes. Queues for Peter Pan are amongst the longest in the park (for no good reason), so make sure you get a FastPass ticket early in the day. However, queues for Pirates are usually the shortest of all the major rides (again for no good reason), so it might be a good ride to do mid-afternoon when everything else is very busy. The Tarzan and Mulan shows are also worth making time for. Restaurants get very busy from 12.30 to 2.30, but there are several restaurants in Disney Village which are much quieter at lunch time.

Regards

Rob

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter